*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Where the hell was the transition defense? I can deal with Kobe missing shots, but each time he missed it seemed like Denver had someone cherrypicking on the other end. They had 6 easy points in the 4thQ that no NBA team should be giving up.

The wrist has to be affecting him to some extent cause he had 6 turnovers and has turned the ball over a lot these 6 games. Even when he tries to be unselfish he still makes mistakes.

Dude should be driving to the basket against someone like Gallinari.

We were -17 with Kobe in the game, Bynum was +9.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is kobe i know

aka i dont care if i miss, i'll keep shooting to get my 20!

LMAO he ain't jordan 

he is KOBE 

6-28????????? 

this shows he cares about himself more than his team.

if he cared about his team, he wouldn't be taking 28 shots, i don't care WHO YOU ARE.

dude is selfish! yes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4/15/1998  7-25
1/30/1998  2-17
10/13/1997  7-23
5/26/1997  9-35
2/27/97 7-25
1/30/1996 7-26
12/6/1996 8-27
4/11/1995  8-27
3/19/1995  7-28

Once again go back to the Heat thread

Originally Posted by knightngale

The wrist has to be affecting him to some extent cause he had 6 turnovers and has turned the ball over a lot these 6 games. Even when he tries to be unselfish he still makes mistakes.
i know you aint still tryna make excuses for kobe's selfish and stupid play? this punk !*+ kept shooting and turning over the ball just like he had last year. 
Mike Brown should be fired. This fool doesnt have the balls to tell kobe stop throwing the game... smh a game we should have won... 

if i was bynum i would have walked off the court seeing kobe take shot after shot...

this dude has had hella clumsy turnover games in his career. hes just stupid. him and his hold the ball then pass at the last minute jump pass dumb self

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is kobe i know

LMAO he ain't jordan 

he is KOBE 

6-28????????? 

if he cared about his team, he wouldn't be taking 28 shots, i don't care WHO YOU ARE.

dude is selfish! yes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4/15/1998  7-25
1/30/1998  2-17
10/13/1997  7-23
5/26/1997  9-35
2/27/97 7-25
1/30/1996 7-26
12/6/1996 8-27
4/11/1995  8-27
3/19/1995  7-28

i dont know who you are comparin with but all i know is that player is ALOT better than kobe and DONT COST A GAME.
THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

YOU IDIOT!

Originally Posted by Bean Pie Slanga

Where the hell was the transition defense? I can deal with Kobe missing shots, but each time he missed it seemed like Denver had someone cherrypicking on the other end. They had 6 easy points in the 4thQ that no NBA team should be giving up.
no you won't 
laugh.gif

nahh his wrist is fine. see last game.
he should be driving, but his 1step isn't quick enough anymore! lolol

Kobe has played well every game with the exception of the last play against the Bulls and tonight.

Yesterday he had a few bone head plays, but he almost had a triple double in a game where only Drew looked good.

Today was the worst game of his career. I was disgusted as a Kobe fan with what I saw, so take that for whatever it's worth.

He cost us the game tonight. No question about it.

We'll be fine though. He's been playing well for the most part especially with that wrist injury.

Kobe cost us the game, and the team looked awful defensively. Must be hung over or something, that's why I'm not worried about it. They had dudes cherry picking at the end and no one even ran back on a lot of those plays.

Love it or hate it, the Lakers are NOTHING without Kobe Bryant. Regardless of how much you guys don't want to believe that. 

Most of you think of me as a Kobe stan though so you don't have to listen to my opinion and it doesn't bother me if you don't. But I think as far as Kobe goes he'll be fine and we'll be fine as a team as well.

Not saying we're going to win the championship or anything, but with the Squad we have I think they will play as good as they're capable of playing.

BTW, yea Noble....This happens often. No wonder we've sucked the last few years...OH WAIT> 
laugh.gif

I remember I messaged you after the Lakers won the chip in 2010 and after the Heat lost last year in the finals and you didn't respond.
Why? 
roll.gif

I just wanted to say hi, that's all. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This is kobe i know

LMAO he ain't jordan 

he is KOBE 

6-28????????? 

dude is selfish! yes

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

4/15/1998  7-25
1/30/1998  2-17
10/13/1997  7-23
5/26/1997  9-35
2/27/97 7-25
1/30/1996 7-26
12/6/1996 8-27
4/11/1995  8-27
3/19/1995  7-28

i dont know who you are comparin with but all i know is that player is ALOT better than kobe and DONT COST A GAME.
THAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

YOU IDIOT!
See playoff game 5/26/1997

9-35...

Bulls lost...

No one is arguing Kobe is better than MJ.. You are just the idiot who thinks Jordan has never shot terribly and kept shooting costing his team the game

34 & Jordan still hadn't matured yet...

See how stupid you sound in retrospect

[h1]Heat Stays Alive By Holding Off Jordan and Bulls[/h1]By MIKE WISE
Published: May 27, 1997
His greatness has become a given, yet people sometimes forget about his benevolence. Michael Jordan played 48 holes of golf on Sunday, and 45 minutes today. If that was not enough, he and the Chicago Bulls spotted the Miami Heat 20 points late into the third quarter.
Jordan never said whether this was a goodwill playoff gesture to a team on the brink of being swept in the National Basketball Association's Eastern Conference finals. But judging by the way the Heat fended off the Bulls, 87-80, in Game 4 before a delirious throng at Miami Arena today, it is safe to assume something in the basketball universe was awry.

Or else Alonzo Mourning has a future in palm reading.

Mourning's guarantee of a Heat victory after Game 3 not only came true, but so, too, did the sum of his team's parts, for a change. Tim Hardaway launched a bunch of 3-pointers from afar and five went in. Mourning improved his turnover-to-dunk ratio from Saturday afternoon considerably. And, no, not even another 20-point performance by His Airness in the final quarter was enough to send Pat Riley off to work on his impeccable tan.

''I don't care how much golf he played,'' Mourning, who finished with 18 points and 14 rebounds, said of Jordan. ''We know what we're capable of doing.''

At the least, the Heat has become proficient at staying alive. Miami is 5-0 when it comes to staving off elimination in this post-season. Game 5 is Wednesday night in Chicago, and the Bulls' three-games-to-one lead means this is still a series in need of drama.

But the final period -- which, besides vintage Jordan, included another grappling exhibition by Dennis Rodman and Mourning and a dose of supreme poise by Miami down the stretch -- was a good place to start.

Before it began, Jordan had not merely missed a few putts; he could not find the fairway. He had missed 19 of 21 shots and only a 20-5 run made possible by Scottie Pippen had the Bulls in any kind of striking distance.

Down by 20 with less than seven minutes left, Chicago closed to within 61-57 to begin the period. Jordan then took over, scoring 18 consecutive Bulls points at one juncture. Fifteen-foot jump shots in the lane off pick-and-roll plays. Fadeaways with hands in his face from the baseline. Soft, arching five-footers after nearly pump-faking Voshon Lenard out of his shorts. Everything fell.

His 19-footer from the right side with 2 minutes 19 seconds left brought the Bulls to within 79-78. But Miami would not fold. Mourning, atrocious from the free-throw line since the playoffs began, made two free throws with 1:28 left to push the lead to 3.

Then the reserve point guard John Crotty drove the lane and passed off to Mourning at the last possible second, drawing Rodman to him. Mourning dunked for an 85-80 lead as the building exploded with 23.5 seconds left.

Hardaway entered the series shooting 28 percent from the field. He had made only 2 of 17 3-pointers and was about as invisible as, yes, Jordan's jumper. But he made shots early and often today. He ended with 25 points and 7 assists. Jamal Mashburn and Lenard combined for 30 points, becoming third and fourth offensive options, enough so that Jordan did not have enough time left to pull it out.

''We began to feel the pressure of his greatness coming back, but we held on,'' Riley said. ''I think that's what it's about. You have to sort of stave it off.''

He could have easily been talking about Rodman, who continued his assault on the senses with hair dye, mischievous grins and elbows to the sternum area. After wrestling with each other for a while, he and Mourning finally went to the floor together midway through the final quarter -- with Rodman scoring points for a takedown and Mourning getting even by pushing Rodman's rainbow-colored head as they locked in an embrace under the Bulls' basket.

Riley flew off the bench to keep order, trying to get his valuable center away from the league's biggest distraction. For the Heat, it was reminiscent of Game 5 against the Knicks, except no one was thrown out of the game. Double technicals were assessed and the game went on.

Indicative of the physical play, Pippen played with a bulging knot on his forehead in the second half. He finished with 14 points, 8 rebounds and 5 assists. Jordan finished with 29 points to lead everyone, but made only 9 of 35 shots for the game.

He was not merely mortal early on; he was just plain awful. He missed his first 14 shots. His first field goal came with 8:09 remaining in the third quarter. His second-favorite hobby may have been partly to blame. Jordan took his golf clubs to the Turnberry Isle Resort & Club, where the Bulls stayed.

He wanted to play 54 holes, but darkness fell on the country club,'' his agent, David Falk, said. ''He played 48.''

''It took my mind off the game mentally,'' Jordan said of his playing nearly three rounds of golf. ''I don't think that had anything to do with the way I played today. I'm not going to blame what I did today on what I did yesterday.''

''Golf?'' Crotty asked incredulously. ''Why did he have a bad game? We never let him get going. Give us some credit. We took away a lot of things today.''

The notion that Miami had no fight left was one of them.

I don't think anyone is questioning Kobes effort or talent...everyone knows the Lakers ain't nothing without him...the difference this is not 05. Your best player can't be the player making stupid decisions and turning the ball over....

I don't care who you are KOBE TOO OLD FOR THIS $%$ MAN lol...but seriously if he can understand at this stage in his career he can't carry this team...he just can't...he doesn't have to! He needs to let bynum extend his career and use him instead of trying to prove it's still his team...we all no it's his team he needs to have enough grace to no that there are other ways of winning championships and being great besides being bullheaded...

O and Kobe has been consistently been playing this way...turnovers have always been more mental than physical...no wrist excuses plz

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I remember I messaged you after the Lakers won the chip in 2010 and after the Heat lost last year in the finals and you didn't respond.
Why? 
roll.gif

I just wanted to say hi, that's all. 
laugh.gif
lol i just didn't come back. maybe i was busy.
i mean nt is not everyday thing to me..maybe you're different lol

i mean this essential dude really wants me to pull out kobe's off shooting night??????

i mean really?

if he was smart, he shouldn't have done that... i mean come on. his fg% is not seeing jordan.

WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU

SWEAR YOUR IQ IS DOUBLE DIGIT

HANNSUM: if you can't argue your point without using words like 'idiot' and insults like "Your IQ is double-digit" and other insults, then stop arguing your point.

And I see you guys sitting here saying all this stuff about Kobe not passing and Kobe needs to defer and Kobe was forcing it, and I'm just going to say the same thing I've been saying since 96:

Both teams played hard.
smile.gif

Hannsumm, Don't hate Kobe mayne. It aint his fault your favorite player pulled a 2 point average in the fourth quarter in the NBA finals.

Really, it's not his fault!

Hannsum's strategy for presenting his argument is basically calling you stupid in as many ways as possible. Can't believe some of you still give in to troll's like him. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

And I see you guys sitting here saying all this stuff about Kobe not passing and Kobe needs to defer and Kobe was forcing it, and I'm just going to say the same thing I've been saying since 96:

Both teams played hard.
smile.gif

A little bit of Practice

And then questions about the

PLAYOFFS

Bright side of tonight's game... I won't have to hear the Nuggets announcers for a month
pimp.gif

They are awful

^ Have you ever heard the Celtics or Clippers announcers? Gets no worse, bro.
laugh.gif

Wasn't able to watch the game but the box score sucks.
6-28 and 6 turnovers. Really, though?

Back
Top Bottom