*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Somebody answer my question.

How do you play in the NBA for 15 years and not shoot 47% in a single season... even ONCE?

Jordan did it 10 times.

LeBron James will do it for the 8th time this year.

Dwyane Wade has done it 6 times.

Steve Nash has done it 11 times.

Ray Allen has done it 4 times.

Paul Pierce has done it 3 times.

I could continue listing guards/wings that have done this multiple times, but I won't.

How could someone so "great" not even shoot 47% ONCE in a season? None of the guys I listed even had the luxury of having Shaq clog up the middle and command double/triple teams for EIGHT years.

And you still can't shoot 47%?

Horrible.

still cant believe how well bynum and gasol did and we had this game and then kobe just.....mother $@%%!% man....

we had this game....

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Originally Posted by HANNSUM

nahh his wrist is fine. see last game.
he should be driving, but his 1step isn't quick enough anymore! lolol

I remember I messaged you after the Lakers won the chip in 2010 and after the Heat lost last year in the finals and you didn't respond.
Why? 
roll.gif

I just wanted to say hi, that's all. 
laugh.gif
lol i just didn't come back. maybe i was busy.
i mean nt is not everyday thing to me..maybe you're different lol

laugh.gif
 Good one!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Cole World 22

How do you play in the NBA for 15 years and not shoot 47% in a single season... even ONCE?

Jordan did it 10 times.

I could continue listing guards/wings that have done this multiple times, but I won't.

How could someone so "great" not even shoot 47% ONCE in a season? None of the guys I listed even had the luxury of having Shaq clog up the middle and command double/triple teams for EIGHT years.

Horrible.

why so angry son?
smile.gif

Cole World 22 wrote:
vanexellent wrote:
Cole World 22 wrote:

This is why I don't respect Lakers' fans. Y'all have not a single clue about the game of basketball.

Kobe Bryant should be the THIRD option on the Lakers. Period.

So throw the ball into Bynum and when he gets doubled he will suddenly get the ability to pass out of the post? Bynum is unstoppable under the basket but he also eats up clock and takes forever to get his shot up (all of course depending on if he's single covered by Nene). Pau is better option in the post because he can pass out of it or draw defenders to drop it off to cutters. Kobe (when his shot is falling) keeps defenses scrambling, can still get to the basket for baskets/drawing fouls/passes to open players. Of course all this sounds/looks good on paper/on a message board screen but if Kobe cant hit his shots/is ball hoggin, Pau is playing soft & getting knocked around and/or Bynum is in foul trouble/being doubled/injured then it all goes out the window.  

I don't care if Bynum gets the ball more, or Gasol gets the ball more. Bottom line is that one of them needs to get the ball on the block every time. I don't like the Lakers. I root for them to lose because
I can't stand Kobe Bryant, his face, and his female tactics on the court. It's entertaining to me to see him perform the way he did tonight because it usually ends in a Lakers' loss.

The reason I get irritated is because, as a basketball fan,  a) I wonder how you guys can put up with this guy? b) I like Bynum, and he's clearly the second best center in the league, but his career is being wasted because Kobe Bryant has to score the most points.

This! 
laugh.gif

I'm thoroughly shocked that posters in this thread have not rallied for dude to be banned with him dropping so many facts that most in here cannot take or fight tooth n nail trying to refute.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

Originally Posted by knightngale

The wrist has to be affecting him to some extent cause he had 6 turnovers and has turned the ball over a lot these 6 games. Even when he tries to be unselfish he still makes mistakes. 
i know you aint still tryna make excuses for kobe's selfish and stupid play? this punk !*+ kept shooting and turning over the ball just like he had last year. 

Mike Brown should be fired. This fool doesnt have the balls to tell kobe stop throwing the game... smh a game we should have won... 

if i was bynum i would have walked off the court seeing kobe take shot after shot...

this dude has had hella clumsy turnover games in his career. hes just stupid. him and his hold the ball then pass at the last minute jump pass dumb self
Agree with everything said. Please stop making silly excuses. He said he was fine plus he suited up therefore he fair game...if not then he needs to go sit down some where n preserve his stats!

lolol cole dude has a point.

i'll bet my gwagon that lakers will be better off by kobe being 2nd option or 3rd.

BUT DEF NOT AS THE 1ST OPTION.

this should've been done 2years ago. lakers kinda did that in 2010 finals

hopefully ya'll can see it soon or later.

no troll, only facts.

kobe guy is just not a leader type.

dude likes to chuck up shots and shots and shots.

AKA TYPICAL 2ND OPTION.

he wants to be a leader but looks awkward. he's just eager to score and can see that in his face.

he wants to score. THAT'S ALL HE CARES. and take the last shot to be in the heroic moment. THAT'S ALLLLLLLLL HE CARES LOLOL

pau is not a leader type either...so lakers have a problem

shows how lakers can only win with a bunch of talents. which did that in 2009 and 2010... not because kobe was great, cuz lakers were STACKED LOL

hard to lose when you have the best bench and the coach.

REAL HARD.

too bad lakers don't have either now.

this year will show how stupid kobe is as a basketball player. he can score tho. but many can

but thats ALL HE CAN. VERY OVER-RATED AS A COMPLETE BASKETBALL PLAYER.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

Originally Posted by Noelair24

Originally Posted by Essential1

4/15/1998  7-25
1/30/1998  2-17
10/13/1997  7-23
5/26/1997  9-35
2/27/97 7-25
1/30/1996 7-26
12/6/1996 8-27
4/11/1995  8-27
3/19/1995  7-28

Once again go back to the Heat thread

Whoa! Talk about being ethered! HANNSUM/Sexy needs to come back! Actually I'm going to PM him this.
you haven't read mine. but not tryin to repeat though

lol@ gasol saying they need to go inside more...when the only times he scored was when he got easy putbacks or when someone other than Nene or Al Harrington ended up on him

dude has been out worst starter this year

troll = "The only reason I'm here is to piss people off."

troll =/= 'consistently making points that posters don't know how to handle'

I see very little of the former, and a TON of the latter.

Kobe has a great game = that's what he's supposed to do.

Kobe has a bad game = he is overrated, jacks up too many shots and he isn't a leader.

SMH

When he killed PHX in game 6 of the 2010 WCF He was the best closer blah blah blah.

Then game 7 of the finals happens...folks killed him.

Kobe is the only player I know with this type of relationship with the NBA audience.

I just don't understand how these types of games that he has from time to time lead to people calling him a "not a leader type guy", a "second option" and then have the nerve to call it FACT. I don't know of any player that is a 5 time champion, 13 time all star starter, 2 time nba finals MVP, and 11 time all defensive player team member that falls into those categories. And all of those thing he accomplished are facts....the statments being made in this thread are opinions.

Jordan did it 10 times.

Horrible.

Well by the 47% metric... You are telling me that Steve Nash... Steve Nash.... is almost 3x the shooter that Ray Allen is.....

Great point you made there chap

CP1708 wrote:
Damn, buddies takin this game hard.
laugh.gif
Lockout ball ya'll, 6 games in 8 days, second of a back to back in thin air Denver, fighting thru a blanked up wrist, dude tried to do too much. Period. He cost us a game. He owes us one. Anyone ever see Kobe go like 4-21, and then hit his last 3 to ice a game? He never done that before? Oh, he has, and he tried to work thru it again, only this time he failed. So he owes us one. Can you all move on now? He knows he #$%&%$ up, he'll try not to do it again, relax in here.
Wow. So its cool for koME to use the lockout excuse but not Duncan? I know you can't read this CP but hey Pmatic tell this CLOWN to keep my name out his keyboard.
Dude talking mad dumb on twitter about me but put the ignore button on me here.
laugh.gif
 Like come on son.
30t6p3b.gif

Hannsum (pause) and CW dropping bombs in here about koME CRYant.
pimp.gif

I am less worried the more I think about it...

Kobe is our #1 scorer and will be for a few years.. He can create his own shot much more easily than anyone on the court..

So if he shoots 20-22 times I'm 100% fine with that... And every single NBA player who has ever taken a significant amount of shots have had terrible shooting games.. Hell some people have terrible stretches that last weeks...

Kobe is our #1 option on offense
Bynum is a close #2 option
Pau is a close #3 option
Everything else is based on who can create their own shot on a given possession.

"I put the onus on me on that, being a little tired and not getting down the court," Bynum said after finishing with 18 points on 7-for-12 shooting to go with 16 rebounds in his second game back from a four-game suspension to start the season. "If I get down the court first I have to get the ball. So, I need to make that happen in order to get the ball."

Still, Gasol was comfortable with Bryant's shot selection.

"I hope that every shot that he takes, he makes," Gasol said. "If I want a guy to take a shot down the stretch, it would be him."

"Maybe he hasn't shot his best or his average the last couple games," Gasol said. "He's an aggressive player, and I'm sure he'll shoot better next game. Nothing to make a big deal out of." Bryant left the arena after the game without speaking to reporters.

Let's not forget against Bulls 11-23. Kings 10-24. Utah he shot 8-17.. Knicks shot 10-17

I'm thinking his legs are just beat after the 4 games quick out the gate, and then he showed up settling for 3's and deep mid range shots Saturday... And Sunday he just couldn't drive.. When he did it was weak penetration at the basket.. As the season progresses I think his legs will get used to the schedule..

But the NBA really screwed this one up for every team.. There should be about 7-10 less games in this season.. Last year there was 53 games after XMas including XMas. But have to squeeze every $ they can.

This is why I don't respect Lakers' fans. Y'all have not a single clue about the game of basketball.

Kobe Bryant should be the THIRD option on the Lakers. Period.

235635176.gif

mK2.gif

kobe8wl.gif
105463659-fd0b4ae5aab9674cb0fb8046d4c01fb1.4bfb3d30-full.gif

In all seriousness, that young man, Kobe, seems to have a lot on his mind these days....He needs a good point guard to direct the offense, getting the ball to all the right people, at the right times.  

[font=Arial, 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]

Wasn't Underdog already banned before on this board?  Yet he's right back up in here with a new SN doin the same stuff?  Doo = Underdog.  Be gone troll.  I put you on ignore for a reason, you have 2000 posts or some nonsense, and 1995 of them are about LA and Kobe.  Go join a Laker board somewhere. 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

One problem with this though, when they derail a TEAM, SEASON thread, that's bad.  If they want to open up a Kobe sucks thread, let them, they can have a good time, meanwhile, in the LA Lakers season thread, where Laker fans would come in to talk about our team, we have them going off, and Laker fans fighting them, and nothing getting discussed by actual Laker fans.  

They can bring up all the good points they want, they are screwin with a season thread right now, and will look to return every time Kobe sucks in a game, and will ghost everytime Kobe goes off in a game.  That gets old, fast.  And we only 6 games in. 
laugh.gif

CP1708 wrote:
Wasn't Underdog already banned before on this board?  Yet he's right back up in here with a new SN doin the same stuff?  Doo = Underdog.  Be gone troll.  I put you on ignore for a reason, you have 2000 posts or some nonsense, and 1995 of them are about LA and Kobe.  Go join a Laker board somewhere. 
Ok. But that doesn't explain why you keep posting "Doo" on YOUR OWN TWITTER. Any reason behind that?
Like I understand if feelings are hurt. Ignore me. Fine. I just don't know why you block me on here but still bring my name up on twitter.
ohwell.gif

CP:
23ska909red02:

One problem with this though, when they derail a TEAM, SEASON thread, that's bad.  If they want to open up a Kobe sucks thread, let them, they can have a good time, meanwhile, in the LA Lakers season thread, where Laker fans would come in to talk about our team, we have them going off, and Laker fans fighting them, and nothing getting discussed by actual Laker fans.  

They can bring up all the good points they want, they are screwin with a season thread right now, and will look to return every time Kobe sucks in a game, and will ghost everytime Kobe goes off in a game.  That gets old, fast.  And we only 6 games in. 
laugh.gif
;
They force nobody to respond to them. I've kept my opinions about Kobe to myself on here for years, and I'm still doing it, like a pedo minding his self at a daycare.
laugh.gif
I know how a majority of you are going to respond to what I have to say, so I just keep it to myself. You dudes can do the same. You want to talk about the Lakers among Laker fans? Then do that. You want to argue with Laker haters and Kobe critics who will predictably show up ONLY after games like last night? Then do that, I guess.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Damn, buddies takin this game hard.
laugh.gif
Lockout ball ya'll, 6 games in 8 days, second of a back to back in thin air Denver, fighting thru a blanked up wrist, dude tried to do too much. Period. He cost us a game. He owes us one. Anyone ever see Kobe go like 4-21, and then hit his last 3 to ice a game? He never done that before? Oh, he has, and he tried to work thru it again, only this time he failed. So he owes us one. Can you all move on now? He knows he #$%&%$ up, he'll try not to do it again, relax in here.

Damn I didn't know Vic The Brick was on NT. 
laugh.gif

CP just cheered me up

Fair enough, just so long as Laker fans don't start getting clipped in their own thread for fighting with trolls in their own thread. 
laugh.gif

Laker fans go elsewhere and get in trouble is one thing, that's on them, but in their own thread they should have free reign.  So whoever these new cornballs are, Cole 22, who reminds me of that Luke Skywalker guy from last year
nerd.gif
, and of course Hannssum we all know about. 
laugh.gif

Jordan did it 10 times.

Horrible.
Again FG% is overrated. John Paxson and John Stockton have better FG% than MJ . Are they better than MJ ?

Lebron , Dwade score a majority of their points inside . Aka lower the shoulder , rely on the ref and getting and1 buckets etc. They showed their weakness when team start zoning them up. Neither of them are good shooters outside.

Unlike Lebron and Dwade. Kobe has a complete game. A midrange game. He can score anywhere on the court.

6-28 is terrible but it happen all the time with volume scorer. He forced a lot of bs shot yesterday trying to get his rythym back but when you lose your shooting rythym and all of sudden the basket look 2 time smaller. Also Kobe is playing with a bad wrist on his shooting hand.

Back
Top Bottom