*'11-'12 LAKERS Thread; 41-25* 1st Rd: DEN (go to 1st Rd. Thread)

Ugh. I'm sorry I wasn't cognizant to the fact this was the "11-12 Kobe Bryant Thread." Can someone please direct me to the "11-12 LA Lakers Thread?" Much appreciated fellas! 
happy.gif

Bynum hobbling after that play is a sign for things to come. Please trade him before he gets hurt again! Can pry Aaron Brooks away from China? 
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Ugh. I'm sorry I wasn't cognizant to the fact this was the "11-12 Kobe Bryant Thread." Can someone please direct me to the "11-12 LA Lakers Thread?" Much appreciated fellas! 
happy.gif

Bynum hobbling after that play is a sign for things to come. Please trade him before he gets hurt again! Can pry Aaron Brooks away from China? 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
 So true!

happy.gif

Well since Kobe is the best player on LA and he impacts the Lakers just a bit, chances are people are going to discuss him
smile.gif

Not to mention when he derails the offense in the manner he has over the past handful of games while Andrew is clearly trying to blossom into a legit post presence
smile.gif

Not sure what your confusion is

Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan

happy.gif

Well since Kobe is the best player on LA and he impacts the Lakers just a bit, chances are people are going to discuss him
smile.gif

Not to mention when he derails the offense in the manner he has over the past handful of games while Andrew is clearly trying to blossom into a legit post presence
smile.gif

You did not watch that game... In the third and fourth the Blazers began double teaming him or sending someone to fake a double team and moved him out of his spot..... And he went cold...

Once again kicking it in to Bynum is not a good use of offense when he cannot effectively pass out of the post...

When he does then it will be possible to run the offense through Drew in the post.. Until then when help defense comes it is the same as Kobe "being rogue" but with Bynum being less likely to make his shots..

Now don't get me wrong Bynum is the BEST center in the post... But you cannot run an offense through someone who cannot pass out of the post... Especially if they will send a double team on him if he gets hot...

Originally Posted by Essential1

happy.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

You did not watch that game... In the third and fourth the Blazers began double teaming him or sending someone to fake a double team and moved him out of his spot..... And he went cold...

Once again kicking it in to Bynum is not a good use of offense when he cannot effectively pass out of the post...

When he does then it will be possible to run the offense through Drew in the post.. Until then when help defense comes it is the same as Kobe "being rogue" but with Bynum being less likely to make his shots..

Now don't get me wrong Bynum is the BEST center in the post... But you cannot run an offense through someone who cannot pass out of the post... Especially if they will send a double team on him if he gets hot...
I didn't watch the game? You really came to that conclusion?
laugh.gif
smile.gif

When Kob fell on his wrist he immediately felt the need to "take over". Not sure why, but he tried. Totally took the Lakers out of rhythm offensively. Froze all four of the guys out.

Andrew needs to deal with the doubles better and Kobe needs to stop going rogue. It's not one or the other. Andrew and others deserve some criticism too. Kobe deserves a lot of criticism simply because if he changed the way he approaches the game offensively, it would show in the W/L column.

I said the same thing last night. He was trying to get back at Gerald Wallace for running him over.

Originally Posted by Essential1

smile.gif

smile.gif

I didn't watch the game? You really came to that conclusion?
laugh.gif
smile.gif

When Kob fell on his wrist he immediately felt the need to "take over". Not sure why, but he tried. Totally took the Lakers out of rhythm offensively. Froze all four of the guys out.

Andrew needs to deal with the doubles better and Kobe needs to stop going rogue. It's not one or the other. Andrew and others deserve some criticism too. Kobe deserves a lot of criticism simply because if he changed the way he approaches the game offensively, it would show in the W/L column.
8:42 Wallace's three point play 62-60 where Kobe landed on wrist
Kobe missed shot.. Got rebound.. Put it back.. 62-62
Felton miss shot.. Wallace board.. Wallace put back  64-62
Kobe jump shot (assist by Fisher)  64-64
Blazer Miss.. Kobe miss... Blazer miss
Ebanks miss.. Ebanks rebound... Ebanks miss.. Bynum rebound... Bynum miss..
Aldrige makes shot 66-64
Gasol makes 2 free throws 66-66
5:48 Ebanks travel (Bynum goes out)
Wallace layup 68-66
Kobe missed 3 to Wallace fast break dunk  70-66
With Bynum out and Gasol refusing to play in the post Kobe does and gets called for Offensive 3 seconds.
Blake misses... Kobe misses tip back... Pau gets board and instead of coming down with it and going up for a dunk he tries to finese it without getting contact and misses..
Matthews miss... Matthews rebound.. Matthews layup 72-66
Gasol has ball stolen in paint..
3:12 Bynum comes back in
Murphy fouls Wallace and he hits one of 2  73-66
Metta misses a 3
Matthews hits a 3  76-66
Kobe gets fouled makes both free throws 76-68
Blazers miss offensive rebound Aldrige jump shot 78-68
Bynum makes a jump shot with an assist from Kobe 78-70... Then Kobe went out of the game after a foul by Metta on next defensive possession...

The third quarter is when we lost that game.. And for only the 1 bad 3, and having to play in the paint when Gasol wouldn't.... Kobe was not holding the offense hostage at all... Actually was the only one who cared to play on offense in the third..

westcoastsfinest:
happy.gif

*saves this for whenever Kobe has a game winner or a 40+ night in a W*

It seems like the game was lost after Kobe tried to take that charge on Gerald Wallace. He hurt his wrist, and then went on to force consecutive awful shots and basically not even look to get his teammates involved. It's just mind boggling sometimes with that guy. Use your post players. Jesus.

Throughout his career, it's been aggravating to watch Kobe go rogue and take the offense hostage.

He completely takes the other four guys out of rhythm, and even if he makes some of those hero shots, it's still not conducive to getting his teammates involved/winning basketball. It's just horrible awful basketball all around. It doesn't matter if it's the triangle or whatever, Kobe always feels the need to go five or six straight possessions where it's all him.

It's been happening since 96 so it is what it is
!

happy.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

He is our best player but this is the Lakers thread. This has transpired simply into a Kobe Bryant thread. Years passed, even when we only had Kobe and scrubs we talked about upcoming games and what we needed to do to improve. But never to point where it's gotten like this. Kobe this, Kobe that. This thread has gone from Kobe and Iverson to Kobe to Bynum. There are more factors to discuss in Lakerland than just Kobe. 
23ska909red02 wrote:
westcoastsfinest:
happy.gif

*saves up for whenever Kobe has a game winner or a 40+ night in a W*

Go right ahead. Game winner or 81, whatever the case may be. We moved on from it the next couple days and we didn't dwell on it like we are now. We've always moved on it and talked about the next opponent or trade rumors. Listen, what I'm trying to get at is that there is more to the Los Angeles Lakers than just Kobe. We played Portland last night and I haven't read anything about the adjustments we need to for the Warriors tonight. What about Ebanks wanting to get his starting job back? Kobe Bryant will always be a topic that will divide us Laker fans. /end rant

KanyeShrug1.jpg

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

I saw Kobe give E-Banks and Bynum the ball in the last minute or so, yet he still lost the game for us? Lol... Bynum got blocked, E-Banks air balled.

It's time to blame someone else folks. There's no way the game was lost because of only Kobe.

He was actually the only person who scored in the last two minutes as well if I remember right.

Like I said, Bynum was 2 for 9 in the second half. Steve Blake shot 2 for 9 for the whole game, MWP was 0 for 5.

Our bench was non existent.

Kobe shot over 50% from the field, had 8 rebounds, and 3 assists. His only bad stat was the 4 turn overs which actually could of been worse. MWP also had 3 turn overs.
this sums up why you're just an NT'er and nothing else. lol
you talk about how kobe shot over 50%, and you're happy with that.

you just look at stats and think kobe played well in this game.

HE DID NOT. HE SIMPLY LOST THE GAME 

and now you really think bynum and ebanks have more responsibility?

this game was lost because of kobe.

kobe has to help bynum and ebanks get into better position to score

i dont care if he shot over 50 b/c in this game, kobe could've had better %s.

and he was supposed to have high fg% like a game against blazers yesterday (the defense they were giving him)

this is why kobe will never put up high fg% at the end when the season is over

his shot selection is still poor. hard to believe. very. even at age of 33.

he kills other players' rhythms which causes lakers' struggle offense

please, everything i said is true and you will have to accept in order to understand basketball.

idk maybe you played 2k too much, but you REALLY don't seem to know how to watch a game of basketball

you have a problem! lol

yes im teaching your *$$.

kobe seriously needs to play with the flow of the game.
but he forces it. AKA one of major diffs between mj and kobe
no.1 reason why lakers offense look dumb often.

it's just his stubbornness.
@##+ is annoying.

You're a troll man, I'm not even going to argue with you because regardless of what I say, you'll find something else to troll about.

Just to remind you though, you honestly though with all your heart Lebron was going to win a title the last three years. 
laugh.gif

You sat there on your computer chair trolling the Lakers in and 2010, trolling them again last year and were M.I.A after Lebron became is Nowtizness in the finals. 
roll.gif

Now let me teach your %!+ something. Kobe 5 - Lebron 0

HANNSUM (to outlawx):
this sums up why you're just an NT'er and nothing else. lol
Ummmmmm… you're just an NTer, too, though.
laugh.gif
I mean, maybe not off here, but you don't know what outlawx is off here, either. Which is why you shouldn't say anything personal about NTers. You're nothing but a screen name, pal, just the same as you said about him.
wink.gif
HANNSUM (to outlawx):
you talk about how kobe shot over 50%, and you're happy with that.
Kobe could shoot 100% and you wouldn't be happy, which is what separates you from me, and it's a huge separation.
HANNSUM (to outlawx):
this game was lost because of kobe.
Yyyeeeeeeerreaaaaahhhhhno. We lost the game in the 3rd quarter; yes, Kobe played in the third quarter, and there were some mistakes he made in the 3rd quarter, but we got blitzed in the 3rd and never recovered in the 4th.
HANNSUM (to outlawx):
idk maybe you played 2k too much, but you REALLY don't seem to know how to watch a game of basketball

you have a problem! lol
And I don't know if you have been rejected from one too many debate clubs, but you don't know how to DISCUSS basketball. Considering that this is a discussion board, where are all we do is discuss, you have a problem, my friend.
HANNSUM (to outlawx):
yes im teaching your *$$.
The only thing you're teaching people is that you know how to post on a message board. "No, I am teaching them that" Stop it! All you're teaching people is that you know how to enter letters into a defined space, and hit 'Reply'.

I used to stay in this thread, but this season has just been unbearable so far. 
laugh.gif

Lakers staying around the .500 mark for most of the season IMO. I think they'll end up 5th or 6th seed though.

Originally Posted by LA KB24

lakers better win tonight
If we lose to the Warriors, I won't hear the end of it. 
laugh.gif
 With that being said, I fully expect Monta to run circles around Fish tonight and erupts for 40. 

0% possibility we lose to the Warriors; less than 0% possibility we lose to the Steph-less Warriors.

We got this.
smokin.gif

Oh, and someone mentioned Barbosa earlier. Whoever that was, and I don't like getting into too much discussion about roster changes or trades, but I think he would be great for us. 'The solution'? Nah. Nice pickup, though, if he'd play with the same intensity as I remember.

I Know Kobe is playing horrible with that wrist, I don't deny or defend it. But i dont understand dwelling and mentioning it through paragraphs and paragraphs, days after days. Yeah i understand on the other side of the spectrum...if he was ballin, if he was playin real well there would be pages of praise...but at least praise is positivity.
Im not saying there should be no analysis or criticism, i understand thats the point of a forum...to discuss every facet of the topic at hand. But damn...its like we understand now which people in this thread don't like Kobe, and we understand why, so why does it have to be shoved down our throats constantly?

Im not mad...well, i guess i do sound mad 
laugh.gif

but im just sayin...it would be nice to click the thread, come in here and see some real good basketball discussion going on. CP even when he criticizes Kobe, at least throws in his feelings and analysis of the rest of the game and the rest of the players, which is real cool. But others spend 20 minutes typing out every exact reason why Kobe is horrible, why Kobe has been the downfall, why Kobe has always been replacable, why Kobe is arrogant... we get it you know? and youre absolutely right, he is annoying to watch sometimes, he is arrogant, he does cost us games.

but can there be discussions about anything else in the midst of all this Kobe talk? Thats all im sayin.

And yeah...i know its ironic to mention that people spend too much time typing out useless paragraphs irrelevant to the game, and then make this post...so i apologize for the hypocrisy...i dont normally like to be, but i guess i had to just a little to get this by you guys.

No ones perfect, not Kobe, not me, and most certainly not our team. Ugly shooting this season 
sick.gif

^ Exactly with all that worrying can we focus on the one important thing:

Gettin the W tonight
pimp.gif

Go LakeShow

westcoast & L2B: you guys both had recent posts on the Kobe talk that has definitely dominated the past few days. Instead of quoting you guys, just thought I'd mention your names in my reply to let you know I was replying to your posts.

My fault. You guys want to talk about other things? Then talk about other things.
smile.gif

But something I've noticed is that team threads tend to thrive depending on both the popularity of the team AND the team's success; the more a team struggles, the more discussion there is. And if the team has a polarizing figure, it's going to be hard for discussion to be about anything else.

We are a popular team with a polarizing figure, so as the season goes on, if we continue to struggle to stay around .500, Kobe will be the dominant point of discussion in the thread. Just the way it is.

Back
Top Bottom