11/16 *** Dallas Cowboys [5-4] vs. Washington ******** [6-3] *** 8:15et

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

BallinBoykz wrote:
We absolutely need this game. If we dont, its the season.

Question with official standings. If the boys win, and the season series is a tie, how is that decided when discussing playoffs (assuming its a tie)? Points for/against?

Anyway, this game is our season.

I think that should be motivation enough for this team.
Well I guess its safe to say its the season...
grin.gif

But really this is going to be a great game, This game means a lot to both teams. Hopefully both teams come and play good football.

Another heated ********-Cowboys game.

Realistically though, how are we going to come back from being 2 games back if we lose. And thats just divisional. Whoever wins this game is going to get thefirst Wildcard spot.

We will have a much harder time getting into the playoffs as a 5-5 (2 games back from the Skins) team, as opposed to a 6-4 team (tied with the Skins).Especially considering that there is only 6 games left after Sunday.

Tie break though, what does it come down to when comparing a tied win-loss record?

Originally Posted by BallinBoykz

Question with official standings. If the boys win, and the season series is a tie, how is that decided when discussing playoffs (assuming its a tie)? Points for/against?

If we win we're still behind in standings because of the concference record. The division record would determine the tie but since both teams would he 2-2in the division next is conference and we are one game behind in conference record.

I believe it goes with the team with the best conference record, which would be the Skins. All 4 of our losses so far have come from NFC teams sothat hurts a lot. We are going to need a lot of help getting into the playoffs. I really dont see 10 wins getting us in, there are too many other teamsplaying well and we lose too many tiebreakers against other teams. We need the Falcons to start losing games and for teams in our own division to start losingalso. So we really need a lot of teams to start falling off or for us to kick it into high gear. 1 loss gets us in, 2 puts us on the bubble, 3 more thanlikely puts us out. Im to the point where if we are going to lose some games it would be better if they were against the Steelers and the Ravens. Thats whythe Vikings and Bears are ahead of us, because they have a better division record, even though we have the same overall record. Sorry for the lengthyexplaination, but i think this is the way it goes

Here's a link that helps explain all of this better
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]AFC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seed[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]
TEN.gif
Tennessee[/td] [td]9-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]
PIT.gif
Pittsburgh[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]
NE.gif
New England[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]
DEN.gif
Denver[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]
BAL.gif
Baltimore[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]
NYJ.gif
N.Y. Jets[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Still alive (below)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]
IND.gif
Indianapolis[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]
MIA.gif
Miami[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]
BUF.gif
Buffalo[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]
SD.gif
San Diego[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]
JAC.gif
Jacksonville[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]
CLE.gif
Cleveland[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]
HOU.gif
Houston[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]
OAK.gif
Oakland[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]
KC.gif
Kansas City[/td] [td]1-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]
CIN.gif
Cincinnati[/td] [td]1-8[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]NFC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seed[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]
NYG.gif
N.Y. Giants[/td] [td]8-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]
CAR.gif
Carolina[/td] [td]7-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]
ARI.gif
Arizona[/td] [td]5-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]
CHI.gif
Chicago[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]
TB.gif
Tampa Bay[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]
WAS.gif
Washington[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Still alive (below)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]
ATL.gif
Atlanta[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]
MIN.gif
Minnesota[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]
DAL.gif
Dallas[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]
PHI.gif
Philadelphia[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]
GB.gif
Green Bay[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]
NO.gif
New Orleans[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]
SF.gif
San Francisco[/td] [td]2-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]
SEA.gif
Seattle[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]
STL.gif
St. Louis[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]
DET.gif
Detroit[/td] [td]0-9[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

If we win we're still behind in standings because of the concference record. The division record would determine the tie but since both teams would he 2-2 in the division next is conference and we are one game behind in conference record.

That helps.
Thx
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by brandonb2005

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Waits for Duece King to hop on this weeks ******** opponent bandwagon
nerd.gif
You should be the last individual to talk about hopping on someone's bandwagon as seen below..............

WASHINGTON ********
LA LAKERS

UNC TARHEELS
NY YANKEES

laugh.gif
Good One

But because I was born in DC I am obligated to the Wizards, Orioles and Georgetown or the Terps ???? I feel you

So in this case if i cant be a fan of my teams you cant like the 49ers?? Check you logic at the door homeboy

But then again so far this year you have been a fan/on the bandwagon of the:

Giants, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Eagles, Rams, Browns, Lions and Steelers
roll.gif

In week 15 you actually get to cheer for your team...Good Job Doggy

No bandwagon over here, just anti-******* at times, and of course my favorite player in the league plays for Dallas (T.O.) so naturally I would be rooting forthem in this game for obvious reason.

Originally Posted by jmause3

I believe it goes with the team with the best conference record, which would be the Skins. All 4 of our losses so far have come from NFC teams so that hurts a lot. We are going to need a lot of help getting into the playoffs. I really dont see 10 wins getting us in, there are too many other teams playing well and we lose too many tiebreakers against other teams. We need the Falcons to start losing games and for teams in our own division to start losing also. So we really need a lot of teams to start falling off or for us to kick it into high gear. 1 loss gets us in, 2 puts us on the bubble, 3 more than likely puts us out. Im to the point where if we are going to lose some games it would be better if they were against the Steelers and the Ravens. Thats why the Vikings and Bears are ahead of us, because they have a better division record, even though we have the same overall record. Sorry for the lengthy explaination, but i think this is the way it goes

Here's a link that helps explain all of this better
http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffracehttp://www.sportsline.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

[table][tr][td]
[table][tr][td]AFC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seed[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]
TEN.gif
Tennessee[/td] [td]9-0[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]
PIT.gif
Pittsburgh[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]
NE.gif
New England[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]
DEN.gif
Denver[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]
BAL.gif
Baltimore[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]
NYJ.gif
N.Y. Jets[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Still alive (below)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]
IND.gif
Indianapolis[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]
MIA.gif
Miami[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]
BUF.gif
Buffalo[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]
SD.gif
San Diego[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]
JAC.gif
Jacksonville[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]
CLE.gif
Cleveland[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]
HOU.gif
Houston[/td] [td]3-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]
OAK.gif
Oakland[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]
KC.gif
Kansas City[/td] [td]1-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]
CIN.gif
Cincinnati[/td] [td]1-8[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [td][/td] [td]
[table][tr][td]NFC[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seed[/td] [td]Team[/td] [td]Record[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1[/td] [td]
NYG.gif
N.Y. Giants[/td] [td]8-1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2[/td] [td]
CAR.gif
Carolina[/td] [td]7-2[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3[/td] [td]
ARI.gif
Arizona[/td] [td]5-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4[/td] [td]
CHI.gif
Chicago[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5[/td] [td]
TB.gif
Tampa Bay[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]6[/td] [td]
WAS.gif
Washington[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Still alive (below)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]7[/td] [td]
ATL.gif
Atlanta[/td] [td]6-3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]8[/td] [td]
MIN.gif
Minnesota[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]9[/td] [td]
DAL.gif
Dallas[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]10[/td] [td]
PHI.gif
Philadelphia[/td] [td]5-4[/td] [/tr][tr][td]11[/td] [td]
GB.gif
Green Bay[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]12[/td] [td]
NO.gif
New Orleans[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]13[/td] [td]
SF.gif
San Francisco[/td] [td]2-6[/td] [/tr][tr][td]14[/td] [td]
SEA.gif
Seattle[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]15[/td] [td]
STL.gif
St. Louis[/td] [td]2-7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]16[/td] [td]
DET.gif
Detroit[/td] [td]0-9[/td] [/tr][/table]
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Much appreciated jmause!
pimp.gif

brandonb2005 wrote:

Waits for Duece King to hop on this weeks ******** opponent bandwagon
nerd.gif
You should be the last individual to talk about hopping on someone's bandwagon as seen below..............

WASHINGTON ********
LA LAKERS

UNC TARHEELS
NY YANKEES

laugh.gif
Good One

But because I was born in DC I am obligated to the Wizards, Orioles and Georgetown or the Terps ???? I feel you

So in this case if i cant be a fan of my teams you cant like the 49ers?? Check you logic at the door homeboy

But then again so far this year you have been a fan/on the bandwagon of the:

Giants, Saints, Cardinals, Cowboys, Eagles, Rams, Browns, Lions and Steelers
roll.gif

In week 15 you actually get to cheer for your team...Good Job Doggy

No bandwagon over here, just anti-******* at times all the time, and of course my favorite player in the league plays for Dallas (T.O.) so naturally I would be rooting for them in this game for obvious reason.

Fixed it for you....

But lets be real, you are a 49ers fan why the hate for the ********? They have nothing to do with your team at all.

Is it just because you are in this area?

But lets be real, you are a 49ers fan why the hate for the ********? They have nothing to do with your team at all.

Is it just because you are in this area?

That's part of it, too many overly ambitious fans around here for me, although it's nice to feel good about your team, most folks around here just gooverboard with it though. There are other factors, but I'll save it for later
tongue.gif

LET'S GO BOYS!! It is time to step up to the plate and show us if you are the big dawgs or just also-rans.

I wanna see D Ware get some sacks this weekend!

The outcome of this game matters a lot to Deuce. Whoever loses will put the 49ers that much closer to locking up a wildcard spot.

there is so much football left its crazy ... the bucs seem to have the inside track at the playoffs even though we beat them because they play probably thesoftest schedule the rest of the way ... im just not seeing the falcons sustain it for the rest of the season ... when we beat the skins though everythingchanges ... we have the 49ers and seahawks up next, which gives us 2 more wins in the NFC ... thats why this is such an important game ...

MarleysProtege wrote:
there is so much football left its crazy ... the bucs seem to have the inside track at the playoffs even though we beat them because they play probably the softest schedule the rest of the way ... im just not seeing the falcons sustain it for the rest of the season ... when we beat the skins though everything changes ... we have the 49ers and seahawks up next, which gives us 2 more wins in the NFC ... thats why this is such an important game ...
1st Bold- you know what happens to people who throw predictions out, (Matt Hasselbeck)
roll.gif

2nd Bold with underline- I want to see if Deuce is going to take that
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

1st off, aint nothin bold about that statement ... yall are some hot garbage and we are about to make a run ...

2nd, deuce is a realistic fan, not like yall skins fans ... he understand when his team is about to take it on the chin

This game is HUGE and hopefully I'll be at the game
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
at NyRapisBack going at Jlyrical already

Some stuff I will want from the game:
- Garrett has to be more creative with the play-calling .. he is too predictable
- Throw to Roy Williams at least 5-7 times.. hes been money every time we thrown to him.. and that was with Grandpa Brad
- MBIII has to stop dancing around and run how he was born to
- More slants to Owens
- We need that defense that showed up for the Tampa Bay game
pimp.gif

Barber looking like a bum this year. Definitely not feeling him. I wanna see more of Felix. Everytime homeboy touches the ball he scores a TD

Originally Posted by HighRep87

can you ask before you jack my sig sir
laugh.gif
Damn my bad yo. I coulda sworn I posted "Hope you don't mind if I take your sig' but Yuku must be acting funky.

But yeh, if you don't mind, could I borrow your sig? %$*#@ definitely official
pimp.gif

Damn I feel mad bad now like I striaght Jay Z-ed ur ++@%
laugh.gif
. Lemme know if its koo though for reals

Felix says he'll be ready for ********

Cowboys rookie running back Felix Jones was supposed to return to practice today. Instead, he was held out again but says he will practice the rest of the weekand play Sunday night at Washington.

Felix said he was given an extra day to rehabilitate his left hamstring, which he pulled Oct. 12 at Arizona. The team did not practice in pads and Felix wasthe only player to miss. Felix said it's been tough for him to sit back and watch after his great start to the season.

"I've been waiting for a long time for this," Jones said.

Romo Throwing With Zip

IRVING, Texas - It's one thing for the Cowboys to have their two-time Pro Bowl quarterback returning to practice. To have him performing near his best iseven better. Wade Phillips said Tony Romo was throwing passes with velocity during Monday's practice, which must have been a welcomed sight after threeweeks of Brad Johnson taking the first-team reps, and a limited Romo throwing last week. Romo practiced with a splint to guard the fifth finger on his throwinghand, which he fractured in the overtime loss at Arizona on Oct. 12.
When Romo has participated in practice while wearing the splint before, his passes appeared to have more wobble than usual. Today, the tight spiral returned.

"Romo is better and better," Phillips said. "Last week he was OK. Today he was a lot better, I think. He had more zip on the ball. He felt morecomfortable. He's still taking snaps - didn't seem to be a problem. It's looking better and better for him as far as getting back to where hewas."
Romo has said he has experienced pain on some throws, including the 15-yard out route, but it is something he can deal with. Others require less use of thefingers and snap on the ball. At this point, though, it doesn't appear Romo will be limited by any finger issues come Sunday night, and there's hope hecan play at a high level.
"Looked like it to me today, yeah," Phillips said. "He threw a lot of really good passes today, had a lot of zip on them, threw the deep ballwell, threw a lot of routes really well."

Originally Posted by NyRapisBack

Originally Posted by i LyricaLJKilla i

This thread will be golden.

4-5. Rogers sacked for 2 safeties. Thats golden...
the hell does that have to do with anything? You constantly are in competition with yourself to prove how lame you are huh?
eyes.gif

I made that statement based off how entertaining the last DAL-WSH game thread was, and here you come with your attacks.
grin.gif

Certified lame homeboy.

we have the 49ers and seahawks up next, which gives us 2 more wins in the NFC

Eh, it's going to be a tough game, I would put money on the game but I got no idea who our QB will be. If we can hang with the Cards with thesoon to be MVP there is no doubt that we can hang with Dallas.

I want to see if Deuce is going to take that
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

What you thought ya boy would back down brandonb, you should already know by now champ. I'm not too certain about the Dallasgame, although I do like our chances. Make no mistake though, the ******** are dead meat on 12/28, time for Patrick Willis to take out the trash.

Back
Top Bottom