'12 Bulls

Rip is a good pickup by the bulls if its true. he average 14 pts a game . Thats a huge upgrade on Bogans.

Originally Posted by morningstar7777

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

morningstar7777 wrote:

Why are you making trade scenarios for Wilson Chandler and JR Smith when they will be free agents? Where are you trading Deng and Brewer to? Free Agency?
laugh.gif

Anyway, I wouldn't do the signing of neither players.

laugh.gif
 At you saying that like I didnt know they were Fa's

Trading Deng and Brewer for Chandler Smith, and more salary flexability.

Yo, I still have no idea what you're trying to say. How would you trade Deng and Brewer for Chandler and Smith?

Denver signs them and trades them to us.
Cake is right we need the core to be around the same age.
Smith is a UFA, and Chandler is a RFA. Smith at 4 years and 30 million, Chandler at 4 years 32-34 million.
Then trade for them using Deng's contract and Ronnie Brewer.
Their age is close to the same, but the style of play is different, and those contracts would in theory be easier to trade.
Its the upgrade at SG, a slight down grade at the 3 right now but he has more talent.
Kevin Love is going to want to play out next season. If you strike with Nikola Mirotić who would be 23, that Charlotte protected first rounder til 2015 and Boozer they might consider it. Other wise? You amnesty Boozer in 2013.
Either way.. Chicago either opens the window after a title with letting Boozer go, or adds a better player.

think we lost rasual too

RonnieBrewerJr Ronnie Brewer
@RasualButler45 congrats on the new deal fam good luck in toronto tell JJ i said whats up
12 minutes ago

Richard Hamilton means that Smith is the best fit for a bench scorer available.
Imagine Smith on that defensive second unit.....
Watson Smith Brewer/ Korver Gibson Asik....
Nasty.

i like the signing, i've been wanting rip on the team since feb.

we still need 1 more guy who can create on his own

pls tell me scalabine is no longer on the team

I don't want rip, only sign a old guy for a one year deal....i want a young SG, try to get JR smith........i don't see rip getting on the court the final mins of a game, he doesnt have the range....does it make sense to sign him when korver i think will be the guy in at the end of games.....heck i think billups is a better pickup than rip....he can back up rose/korver/brewer and a guy can play with rose to end games....sign billups for a mil and wait on JR smith.

really is rip that much better than korver?

You guys need to chill. I don't think the front office thinks Rip is the ultimate answer. We don't know if the Bulls are gonna pull off anymore moves, hell free agency just started. Look, he's 34 and on the decline of his career. I'm sure they realize that he is only a stop gap and I believe we still have more moves to make. Honestly even if he is the only move we make in the off-season the team is way better considering we replaced Keith Bogans.

rip is not taking less than 5 mil a year, if they sign him only move they can make in the next 2-3 years is trades or cut boozer. this team would be set.....if we use the MLE it should be for a player that we want here for 3-4 years at least

[h1]Bulls interested in trading for Howard[/h1] [h2]Center wants deal to Nets or Lakers but Magic want to open bidding[/h2]
  • Share2277

[table][tr][td]
163984500-10181040.jpg

The Bulls are interested in trading for Magic center Dwight Howard. (MCT Photo)
[/td][/tr][/table]

Ads by Google

By K.C. Johnson, Chicago Tribune reporter
11:25 p.m. CST, December 10, 2011
As the Bulls remained poised to sign veteran shooting guard Richard Hamilton once his buyout from the Pistons becomes official, a bigger target emerged.

Think really big. Think Dwight Howard.

The Orlando Sentinel reported Magic general manager Otis Smith said Howard has made his trade request twice since Monday. Multiple outlets later reported Howard wants to be traded to the Nets, with the Lakers his alternate choice.

However, Smith said that he would look at all 29 teams if the Magic choose to trade their franchise center. Sources said the Bulls, who can build a package around cap relief, young talent and attractive draft picks, will enter trade talks.

A confidante of Howard's, though, expressed hesitation he'd sign a long-term extension with a team beyond his preferred destinations. And late Saturday, multiple reports had Lamar Odom traded to the Mavericks, allowing the Lakers to engage in talks with Orlando for Howard and absorb a bad contract into their newly-created trade exception.

As for Hamilton, his buyout thus far is only a verbal agreement and has yet to be signed, according to two sources familiar with the situation. Once the buyout becomes official, Hamilton will have to clear waivers, which is considered a virtual certainty. He then would have to pass a physical, also considered a formality.

The Bulls have had advanced conversations about signing the three-time All-Star and, according to SI.com, one team executive who inquired about Hamilton was told "it's a lock" he's landing in Chicago. The Tribune reported in its Saturday editions that the Bulls were the leaders to acquire Hamilton, whom they had interest in last season as well.

The Detroit News reported Saturday afternoon that Hamilton's buyout is for roughly $8 million of the $19 million he is owed. The Tribune reported in Saturday editions the Bulls have talked about at least a two-year deal worth $5 million annually. That represents the mid-level exception and, at $10 million over two years, recoups Hamilton's giveback in the buyout.

Hamilton, who will turn 34 in February, has played 843 regular-season games and 120 playoff games over 12 seasons. But one source close to Hamilton said he's a fitness fanatic who takes good care of his body. He also has played in just 101 games over the last two seasons.

"Rip's a helluva player," said Joakim Noah, who added he had no knowledge of front-office intentions.

Coach Tom Thibodeau declined comment on Hamilton, a career 45 percent shooter, for the second straight day.

"I'm not worried about the guys who aren't here," Thibodeau said. "I'm just worried about our guys. I'm more than happy with the group we have here."

For the second straight day, that group featured just 11 players at practice.

"In some ways, it's good," Thibodeau said. "You're not getting as much rest but there's an advantage to that. There are groups on the floor at all times. Normally, you'd have 17 guys and there's standing around."

Thibodeau isn't worried about assimilating additions when they happen, saying "you can get them up to speed pretty quickly" with film study.

Besides Hamilton, the Bulls remain in the mix for veteran big man Kurt Thomas, who is drawing interest from the Trail Blazers and Mavericks as well.

Also, the Knicks waived veteran guard Chauncey Billups as an amnesty player, meaning he would have to not be bid on by a team under the salary cap to become a free agent. In an interview with Yahoo! Sports, Billups warned teams from doing so, saying he wanted freedom to choose his team.

Derrick Rose grew close to Billups during their shared stint on the U.S. national team. The Bulls would fit Billups' desire to land with a title contender, though he also has been linked to the Heat.

The Bulls practiced once for 21/2 hours Saturday and Thibodeau, while admitting there's a long way to go, offered praise.

"All our players made good use of their (offseason) time," he said. "I can tell our guys made a commitment to conditioning. Nobody is heavy. We still have to get into NBA shape. But they did what they could to be ready for this point."

indifferent.gif
grin.gif
tired.gif
eyes.gif

The reality is, this team needs to make a move. The talent around Rose right now isn't going to win it all. Building through FA is going to be tough, we have a few large contracts that prevent us from a HUGE signing, if there is one.

Miami got better with Battier, that perimeter defense is going to be nasty. The Knicks starting Five is solid (Their bench will prevent them from being a top team)..But the Bulls have to do something. And IMO if they land Howard somehow, that's perfect.

^nice vid...but I think the date posted at the end is wrong.I have doubts about getting Dwight, but we'll see.

Originally Posted by CAto312

^nice vid...but I think the date posted at the end is wrong.I have doubts about getting Dwight, but we'll see.

Yeah i dont see us getting him at all. If im not mistaken it's already stated that he doesnt want to come here. If true, i wonder why? I respect the hell out of Derrick not calling and kissing these other guys %%* though. You can tell he likes and respects his teammates. I wanna bring Kurt back if we can, great locker room guy, reliable, and old school enforcer

I think the reason why howard doesnt want to go the bulls is that he would never be the man here, he would never win an mvp it won't ever be his team

Back
Top Bottom