'12 Bulls

You really believe that ?

you don't agree? hes joining a team with a player who already has an MVP.....if howard goes to the bulls i don't think he wins mvp and i dont think rose would win another mvp unless they are far and away the best team during the reg season...its going to be hard for lebron to win mvps with his teammates.

finals mvps could go either way

maybe you meant i don't really believe the reason he wouldnt join a team was because he wouldnt win mvps, yup thats what i mean(along with that he won't be the best player on the team)....dude doesnt want to be just a great big man he wants a shaq/td type career those dudes were all time greats....with mvps, finals mvps, championships with them being the best player on the team.  

why else wouldnt he want to play in chi? big city and with rose, it makes sense to go but whats stopping him.....if GMs could make a list of the 5 players they would most want on their team rose and howard are on most if not all of those lists. 

I like the singing of RIP. He creates a lot of motion in the offense. He can get his own shot. He is also does a great job of getting assists and creating assists. Hoping he still has some range left.

ESPNChiBulls Nick Friedell
Rose: "if it was up to me I know I would sign quick"
43 minutes ago

Rose on possible slights by national media. "We hear everything". Says it will motivate Bulls
45 minutes ago

Rose: "I really worked my tail off this summer"
48 minutes ago

Rose on Rip: "Did we get him yet?" "I know he'll help us if we get him"
50 minutes ago

Rose: "we have a goal ... And that's to win a championship"
51 minutes ago

DRose on recruiting: "Chicago speaks for itself"
53 minutes ago

RicBucher Ric Bucher
With all the insanity surrounding the NBA, I offer a diversionary oasis, where advertising becomes art: http://t.co/i62MNLRk
about an hour ago

Deng: "one thing I can say about Rip, all his teammates like him ... He would make us better"
about an hour ago

Thibs on Miami: "each possesion is a war"
about an hour ago

Gar on Dwight: "we are having conversations throughout the league"
about 2 hours ago

Gar: "Obviously we wanted Kurt back" Bulls made an offer. Portland made a better one.
about 2 hours ago

Gar: "it's going to be a very difficult schedule phyically for these guys"
about 2 hours ago

Gar: "We want Derrick to be a Chicago Bull for a long, long time" expects deal to be done in a short time.
about 2 hours ago

Gar: "I would expect Carlos to have a really good year."

laugh.gif
That title

what about redd instead of rip? cheaper we can get him for a mil or 2 and he has a better 3 pt shot.....lets get redd and murphy 2 for the price of one

Free agency: Sleeper signings
By Ryan Corazza
ESPN Insider

Despite the balky knee, Michael Redd could give a team quality minutes off the bench.
2011 NBA FREE AGENCY BUYER'S GUIDE:

TOP 20 FREE AGENTS | BEST FITS | WORST FITS | TAKE A FLYER

On the heels of 2010's free-agency spectacle, 2011's is lacking pop.

It possesses no superstars. Its top player (arguably Tyson Chandler) is known for his defense. But December's short signing period promises to be frantic and fun -- with the potential for a few surprises lying under the surface.

Here's a short list of role players who could come in handy at a cut-rate price.

Michael Redd, SG

Yes, yes, the former All-Star is 32 and coming off three seasons in which he's appeared in a total of 61 games due to ACL and MCL tears in his left knee. But this is precisely why a team should take a flyer on him: No one's expecting much.

Redd
Consider this: He's not likely to regain his status as a 20-plus-points-per-game scorer, but if Redd is able to stay healthy -- and that presents itself as a big if based on his near past -- he could be a serviceable backup and maybe even start, depending on the situation and depth chart of his next team.

The Bulls could potentially give him a sniff to fill the 2-guard spot, but most recent reports have them looking to the amnesty pool -- which could include Vince Carter or Richard Hamilton -- to find an upgrade next to Derrick Rose in the backcourt.

Finishing financial touch: If they don't take a team's midlevel exception and instead opt to sign with a more cap-friendly squad, top free-agent shooting guards Jamal Crawford and Jason Richardson each might be in line for $10 million-plus a season. Due to Redd's recent injury history, the veteran's minimum could surface as his best offer.

Scout's take: "Redd's knee injuries should not be problematic for him going forward as a shooter. His release is mostly arms anyway, and once he learns to play without fear of another injury (something every player has to overcome after surgery), only his slashing ability should be severely diminished. Redd still knows how to find open looks deep, and his repaired knees should have no problem taking him to those spots, especially if he is playing off a dynamic wing or point guard." -- David Thorpe

Kyrylo Fesenko, C

The Russian center probably is never going to be an offensive threat. He's not a good free throw shooter (career mark of 39.8 percent) and during his tenure with the Utah Jazz he was criticized for a perceived lack of focus. But it's his defense that teams will find attractive. At 7-foot-1, he's big, active and moves well for his size.

Fesenko
Consider this: According to Synergy Sports, Fesenko ranked as the second-best defender in the league among NBA players who faced 150 opponent plays or more in 2010-11. In 2009-10, he ranked first in that category. Further, according to 82games.com, the Jazz's defense was 10 points better per 100 possessions with him on the floor (102.5) than when he was off it (112.5) last season.

The downside is he is foul prone, with a career mark of one foul per every 4.94 minutes on the floor, which limits his playing time. But if a team is looking for solid defense from a backup center, Fesenko certainly provides it. And he'll turn 25 just before the start of the season, which should mean he's got plenty of NBA mileage left.

Finishing financial touch: With a host of teams after him in a shallow free-agent pool, and his stock sky high after a title run with the Dallas Mavericks, Chandler's market value should be significantly more than the $12.6 million he made last season. Fesenko has the ability to bring similar strong defense for much less, as he likely won't cost more than a few million per year at most if he receives a multiyear offer. (He played for the Jazz's qualifying offer of just $1,087,500 last season.)

Scout's take: "In this case, stats don't lie. Fesenko's huge presence and long right arm (which he holds upright constantly when playing defense) impact the entire offensive flow of the opponent. He's never come close to reaching his overall potential, but if given consistent minutes each game I could see him learning how to play without fouling and becoming known as one of the top low-post defenders in the NBA." -- Thorpe

Kurt Thomas, C/F

Not a lot was expected out of Thomas in Chicago to start the 2010-11 campaign. But he was thrust into a prominent role when Joakim Noah suffered a thumb injury. Thomas started 29 straight games in December, January and February for the Chicago Bulls -- performing admirably in that time.

Thomas
Consider this: Thomas can still hit the long 2 -- he connected on 47 percent of shots from 16 to 23 feet last season, according to Hoopdata.com -- and uses his veteran savvy on the defensive end. Of course at 39, Thomas isn't long for the league. Still, he's not a bad pickup on a one-year, veteran's minimum deal.

Finishing financial touch: Thomas can be had for the veteran's minimum and might be a valuable backup and veteran presence for a team such as the center-starved New York Knicks next season.

Scout's take: "Absent an incredible array of talent around him, it's hard to envision Thomas serving as a part-time starter or even as a regular rotation bench guy. But there are numerous situations where he can help a team. Any opponent that has a slower center on the floor is a team against which Thomas can be penciled into the rotation. Come playoff time, where every minute is a chess move, having Thomas to fill some space on defense is a plus." -- Thorpe

Troy Murphy, F

Murphy's 2010-11 season was basically a wash. After the New Jersey Nets dealt for him in the offseason, he found himself in Avery Johnson's doghouse and rarely saw the court. New Jersey eventually traded him to the Golden State Warriors at the deadline in February -- where he agreed to a buyout and eventually signed with the Boston Celtics.

Troy Murphy's 3-point touch might entice some teams to take a flyer on him.
Consider this: When Murphy did get minutes last season, his shooting numbers dipped. Murphy is usually a strong shooter (he posted an effective field goal percentage of 55.1 during the last three seasons of his Indiana tenure), but in 466 minutes of action last season, his percentages from both inside (36.8 percent) and outside the arc (just 15.2 percent) were career lows. Given a fresh start somewhere in 2011-12, Murphy could re-emerge as an effective rotation player.

Finishing financial touch: After a down 2010-11, Murphy is in for a pay cut after being on the books for $9.2 million, $11 million and $11.2 million (before his buyout) over the past three seasons. But if he returns to form, he could surface as a nice bargain for a team that takes a cheaper flyer on him.

Scout's take:"When I watch a playoff game in the fourth quarter, I always think of how effective stretch 4s can be. Because there are so few of them around the league launching a lot of 3s (only one big finished in the top 20 in 3s attempted last season), their defenders frequently lose track of them as they hunt the ball as helpers or rebounders. This gives shooters like Murphy a huge opportunity to make big shots. Forget about last year's shooting problems -- at least 75 percent of it was attributable to confidence at this level, and Murphy had none last year for various reasons. A fresh environment and a great plan should help him find his stroke." -- Thorpe

Earl Clark

Clark's story is similar to Fesenko's. His offensive game leaves much to be desired, but he showed promise on the defensive end with the Orlando Magic last season.

Clark
Consider this: After drafting him in the lottery (No. 14 overall) in 2009, Phoenix sent him to the D-League during his rookie campaign and failed to pick up his team option for 2011-12. In December of the next season (2010-11), the Suns traded him to Orlando along with Hedo Turkoglu and Jason Richardson.

But entering his third NBA season and turning just 24 in January, Clark is a talented player possessing unfulfilled potential, and it just may pay off for a new team to take a chance on him if he doesn't return to Orlando. A school of thought says the Suns might have given up on Clark too quickly.

Finishing financial touch: Now off his rookie contract, Clark might only be in line for a smaller, short-team deal as he continues to define his role in the league.

Scout's take: "I'll start with this -- had Earl Clark been drafted by Orlando and coached by Stan Van Gundy from the beginning, he'd still be under his rookie contract. Clark is the classic guy who's too talented for his own good, so he can be lazy and unfocused. SVG is the perfect antidote for players like Clark. If he gets coached hard and is constantly being told exactly what's needed of him, he'll be a terrific defender and rebounder and a better than expected facilitator on offense. Think Lamar Odom, light. However, If the wrong team pays him, one with a passive coach who does not teach, he's dead on arrival." -- Thorpe

Originally Posted by CAto312

I do not understand...is my sarcasm meter off?

http://twitter.com/#!/KCJHoop
KCJHoop K.C Johnson

With DHoward's camp making clear his preferred destinations don't include #Bulls, don't be surprised to see them reach out to Joel Pryzbilla

He'd be an insurance policy basically. Just a replacement for Kurt Thomas since he's gone to the Blazers.
I wish we'd sign Reggie Williams and ship Korver out for somebody useful.

Denver signs them and trades them to us.
Cake is right we need the core to be around the same age.
Smith is a UFA, and Chandler is a RFA. Smith at 4 years and 30 million, Chandler at 4 years 32-34 million.
Then trade for them using Deng's contract and Ronnie Brewer. 
Their age is close to the same, but the style of play is different, and those contracts would in theory be easier to trade.
Its the upgrade at SG, a slight down grade at the 3 right now but he has more talent.
Kevin Love is going to want to play out next season. If you strike with Nikola Mirotić who would be 23, that Charlotte protected first rounder til 2015 and Boozer they might consider it. Other wise? You amnesty Boozer in 2013. 
Either way.. Chicago either opens the window after a title with letting Boozer go, or adds a better player.

worst ideas ever.

Originally Posted by Pusha Tim

we need jr swish or m8
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. Hope JR finds his way to the NBA this season. I love that dude 
laugh.gif
, one of my favorite players. Seeing him the Bulls would be 
pimp.gif
 if he could accept his role.

13 more days.

I would love for the Bullies to make a statement and gift wrap a can of ***-whooping for the Lakers. The Bullies should rule the boards and paint.

Back
Top Bottom