'12 Bulls

Boozer
indifferent.gif

We seriously need another consistent scorer. We have a solid bench, though not deep, solid. Deng has been great at the wing as he should be. Boozer is meh, Jokim is a scrapper and doin his thing. This dude Rip just need to change his name to Elijah Price tho
30t6p3b.gif

Great win tonight. Wasn't too sure how we'd play after that hard fought game in Philly last night

It seems we are hitting our stride...I just hope we can stay healthy the rest of the year. RIP is a wash it seems, we are fortunate that Brewer is ready

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Originally Posted by arstyle27

I think Rip is gonna be out for awhile....im guessing 2-3 weeks.

I
laugh.gif
when people actually expect him to play
Bulls have to be experiencing the worse buyers remorse at this point.  Now I'm wondering if the Bulls make a move by the deadline.

Who do we trade for? and who do we give up? Jamal Crawford, Stephen Jackson, OJ Mayo, Ray Allen????? Those are the names that I've heard might be available. Would you guys give up Taj or Omer and the Bobcats pick for three months of Jamal Crawford? I sure as hell wouldn't. Ray Allen would fit, but his salary would demand a lot in return from the Bulls.

We're in bit of a pickle here. Let's wait to see what the actual diagnosis is on Rip, then we can go from there. But like Cake says, at this point, expecting him to contribute anything is a forgone conclusion. Although, i dont think the injury is season ending......

Of course, the big problem with that is the team is 32-8 after Monday’s win, the best record in the NBA, with excellent chemistry and relentless resilience. Any sort of significant trade to add someone of the caliber of Hamilton would probably require trading at least two players and a draft pick. And with C.J. Watson out again, this time with a sprained ankle and not expected to play at least for a few games, it hardly seems like the Bulls can afford a significant further disruption in their roster.

Perhaps they recall Mike James. Maybe Thibodeau goes with more playing time for rookie Jimmy Butler, who has performed well in flashes. It’s not likely you can pry away a fairly high level player like O.J. Mayo or Ray Allen, who both likely would be rentals given expiring deals. Maybe make a move for someone like Nets’ shooter Anthony Morrow as the Nets might want to save some money and acquire a draft pick for a Dwight Howard package. Maybe the Suns take a player and a pick for Shannon Brown, who hasn’t fit in well. I figure the Wizards would dump Nick Young, though nobody else then would get to shoot. After the Bulls beat the Cavs last week, you hope it’s not Anthony Parker. Wayne Ellington, anyone? Yup, I’m going to be sorting through wacky trade proposals for the next week if Hamilton isn’t OK.

-Sam Smith

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Of course, the big problem with that is the team is 32-8 after Monday’s win, the best record in the NBA, with excellent chemistry and relentless resilience. Any sort of significant trade to add someone of the caliber of Hamilton would probably require trading at least two players and a draft pick. And with C.J. Watson out again, this time with a sprained ankle and not expected to play at least for a few games, it hardly seems like the Bulls can afford a significant further disruption in their roster.

Perhaps they recall Mike James. Maybe Thibodeau goes with more playing time for rookie Jimmy Butler, who has performed well in flashes. It’s not likely you can pry away a fairly high level player like O.J. Mayo or Ray Allen, who both likely would be rentals given expiring deals. Maybe make a move for someone like Nets’ shooter Anthony Morrow as the Nets might want to save some money and acquire a draft pick for a Dwight Howard package. Maybe the Suns take a player and a pick for Shannon Brown, who hasn’t fit in well. I figure the Wizards would dump Nick Young, though nobody else then would get to shoot. After the Bulls beat the Cavs last week, you hope it’s not Anthony Parker. Wayne Ellington, anyone? Yup, I’m going to be sorting through wacky trade proposals for the next week if Hamilton isn’t OK.
-Sam Smith

Good read

At this point in the season you just gotta ride it out.
You cant trade valuable pieces for a rental, especially not with whats available out there now.
Makes you really wish that we would have gone after JR.

I just hope Rip is back by April and relatively healthy going into the playoffs.

Originally Posted by SLP Product

At this point in the season you just gotta ride it out.
You cant trade valuable pieces for a rental, especially not with whats available out there now.
Makes you really wish that we would have gone after JR.

I just hope Rip is back by April and relatively healthy going into the playoffs.
"Slight" Character Issues >>> Health Issues

Oh well, hindight is always 20/20.  We'll just have to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom