'12 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFF-SEASON (NSD, spring practice, summer sessions)

This Monty Madaris cat is really struggling with sending that LOI to Michigan St.... His coaching is blasting him and saying he is done with him... Would love to hear what he is thinking but he isn't talking to anyone.

he basically said that he's done with monty. he doesnt want anything to do with him. he doesnt know where he's at or what he's doing. he hasnt talk to him, and doesnt plan on talking to him.

30t6p3b.gif
..Kid is actually torn making the biggest decision of his life and that's how the coach responds. Classy. Not surprising coming from Moeller though honestly.

EAST LANSING - Monty Madaris, a coveted wide receiver prospect who gave a verbal commitment to Michigan State on Sunday night, surprised Spartan football coaches when he did not send his signed letter of intent to the MSU football office on Wednesday, national letter of intent signing day. 

Michigan State coaches are not allowed to comment on a prospect who has not signed a letter of intent. MSU's Signing Day press conference was delayed more than 50 minutes while coaches waited for Madaris' letter of intent, but it never came. Eventually, MSU head coach Mark Dantonio introduced a 2012 recruiting class of 17, rather than the expected 18. 

[table][tr][td]
MONTYMADARIS_405_5_22.JPG
[/td][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]
spacer1.gif
[/td][/tr][tr][td]Madaris had 56 catches for 1,137 yards for Moeller as a senior.[/td][/tr][/table]"We went out and recruited four outstanding wide receivers," Dantonio said. "Hopefully we will add a fifth. So we will wait and see on that and let you guys know when that happens."

Until Madaris signs, "I'm not able to talk about those things," Dantonio said.

Madaris did not attend school on Wednesday, taking a sick day. 

Madaris has apparently signed the letter of intent, according to sources, but has not faxed it to East Lansing.

"I don't know what he's doing," said Cincinnati Moeller high school coach John Rodenberg, when reached at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday evening. "He gets to the fax machine and he closes it off; he hits it, he closes it off.

"I don't know what his problem is. He is making more of it than it really is. It (Michigan State) is a great school. He wants to go there. I just really don't know."

There are no indications that other schools have influenced Madaris to reconsider. He selected MSU over Cincinnati on Sunday. Earlier in the recruiting process he had firm scholarship offers from Florida State, Michigan and others but those schools filled up their scholarship slots at wide receiver while he was contemplating a visit. 

MSU nearly filled up without Madaris as well, but apparently still had a slot waiting for him during the last weekend prior to Signing Day. 

Madaris announced his commitment to MSU after 11 p.m. on Sunday night via social media, but has rarely been available for interviews.

Rodenberg said he had been in contact with MSU defensive backs coach Harlon Barnett on Wednesday. Barnett is MSU's primary recruiter in Cincinnati. 

"I have talked to him (Barnett) a little bit," Rodenberg said. "I told him I didn't know anything. He (Barnett) is going through his (Monty's) guardian and his uncle. He (Monty) is at one of those two places."

Rodenberg indicated that problems with cold feet, stage fright or general accountability issues have not been a problem with Madaris during his standout career at Moeller.

"I think it's an isolated incident, but if he doesn't watch it I would imagine they would pull the scholarship," Rodenberg said. "But he (Monty) doesn't answer my texts. I don't text him anymore. I haven't talked to him since 3 o'clock today and don't intend to.

"To be dead honest, I've washed my hands of it. I want nothing to do with him. I don't know whether he has signed it or not; I could care less. It's his fault. 

"I haven't talked to him, don't intend to talk to him. To be honest, I could care less what he does now. I'm sorry. I hate to be that way, but it's his problem now. I honestly do not know. I don't even know where he is at. I don't know if he is at his house or at his uncle's house or where he is at.

"They (the MSU coaches) know that I've washed my hands of it. I have a good relationship with those guys. Everything is good there. 

"I mean he is just making more of it than it is. I don't know what his problem is; I really don't."

Madaris, a gifted, physical, game-breaking 6-foot-2, 190-pound receiver, is ranked the No. 21 player in Ohio by Rivals.com. 

Sources indicate that Madaris is hesitant about going away from home for college. Being hesitant about leaving home is the main reason that the University of Cincinnati remained in his top two throughout the process. 
I have heard from a couple of people that Moellers coach is a douche

Coach Bret Bielema said he hopes Big Ten recruiting doesn’t change with the addition of Ohio State coach Urban Meyer. “I think the potential for change is there,

A Cal source of mine told me today that on Tosh Lupoi's in home visit with Shaq Thompson he brought transcripts of current Cal football players

that were struggling to show Shaq that he would struggle academically at Cal.....and proceeded to sell him on the graduation rates at UW.

Def 2009 was the last time my Mexican friend...and you can't be mad at shaq if that was the reason

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

A Cal source of mine told me today that on Tosh Lupoi's in home visit with Shaq Thompson he brought transcripts of current Cal football players

that were struggling to show Shaq that he would struggle academically at Cal.....and proceeded to sell him on the graduation rates at UW.
If that's true it sounds like quite the violation of FERPA...

Anybody know why Wisconsin only signed 12 kids today?

wraith, i was told Corn Elder was a better baseball prospect than any other sports he plays.

and he's dope at football, so I dont know if football is just gong to be a fall back hobby type thing

laugh.gif
Eric Kinsey trollin' hard. He faxed his LOI to FAMU and showed up on their official release shocking everyone. Now he's saying he was out celebrating with his family and has no idea where the FAMU LOI came from and he's with WVU.

Originally Posted by tmay407

Originally Posted by WhUtIzIt

Anybody know why Wisconsin only signed 12 kids today?
Don't follow Wisconsin recruiting at all, but I know they've lost quite a few coaches this off-season.  Probably had some kids head elsewhere due to that.

Originally Posted by FeelMode

Originally Posted by 10508 Cardo Jr Ln

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Jenn Brown was on UO's campus this morning. Took a pic of Chip's office. Place is swagged out 

123834_la.jpg

nerd.gif
 Those Oregon III's tho.. 

Nice catch.... And damn thats prolly quite an impressive office to a lot of these kids...almost not fair
laugh.gif

Dang, I don't think I've ever seen the white Oregon III's. I was looking for the black ones. His office looks like a store, prolly helps with recruiting
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

Jenn Brown was on UO's campus this morning. Took a pic of Chip's office. Place is swagged out 

123834_la.jpg
laugh.gif
All that "swag" couldn't even pull a top-15 recruiting class.

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Michigan got any counting back?

3 with Bolden Wilson and Ringer on campus already.... Can get to 28 and stay under the 85 number but will prob only get 1 more if that.....Bielema is so butt hurt over Dodson it is hilarious... Dude hung 82 on Indiana and wants everybody to play nice????? Get a clue red face.... Hope Urban hangs 50 on them.... Urban is a beast on the recruiting trail, other teams just have to be relentless as well... If this league wants to be considered elite they have to put in the work... Glad Urban is in the B1G, he is making people work and stay on their toes.... Should be wonderful to read the freakouts on a weekly basis regarding Dymonte Thomas since Browneye fans are saying he will be apart of their 2013 class.

Originally Posted by Weaponry Expert

FSU & UF with a total of 2 recruits out of Dade & Broward. Golden locked that down. State of Miami is back.
pimp.gif

The State of Miami goes all the way up to Palm Beach county, we'll get there, but we don't have it locked down just yet.

Read that A&M over this process had 19 decommits and their class still rounded out pretty well.

Pretty nice job by their staff.

Back
Top Bottom