2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

I read up to page 4, good responses by all, it really sucks that it had to come to this.....

Quote:
1st off Gentry is desperate. He can see the end of the Signature Air Jordan Line ahead of him and it makes him nervous. Where do they go from here ?

He should be, his job is on the line. He along with everyone else working for JB handled this "retro craze" the wrong way. They could have made the brand viable for years. Instead they flooded the market and pissed off a very loyal fan base. His soulutions to the problem will only make things worse for Gentry and the JB team.

2-3 releases a month, JB went bonkers 3years ago. I used to think 1 release a month was insane, but now they are really overdoing it. JB and Air Jordans lost all sense of exclusivity among the community and in sneaker circles.

They had to resort to manufactured exclusivity/scarcity in order to appease the hype. Frankly, it turned off many loyal Jordan heads who recalled the days of being able to buy any model weeks after RD. Jordans were rare since everybody wore them until they gave out. Finding a mint pair was difficult, not because it was 1 0f 5000, but because everybody wore them to play ball.

I have given JB the benefit of the doubt on many occasions, but they have gone to far. Ignoring quality issues, and insisting on butchering many classics.

Though they did take our suggestion on bringing back the plastic/rubber "wings" they have ignored many suggestions that IMO would have made the brand a little more succesfull. Why insist on ramming the Jumpman down consumer throats when they insist on "Nike Air".

They would have made a lot of its fanbase happy if they would have listened to one of the smartest suggestions I have heard.......

Keep OG colorways the same, and place the Jumpman on the Retro +.

I honestly feel that the excuse of "changing" classics to keep OG collectors happy, is a load of crap.
Los Angeles Dodgers​
6 World Series Championships​
Campanella - Drysdale - Koufax - Lasorda - Robinson - Valenzuela - Hershiser - Gagne​

Quote:
Why insist on ramming the Jumpman down consumer throats when they insist on "Nike Air".

Because people are still buying in high numbers, and it needs to stop.

I know it's a long shot, but if we stop buying J's, it would wake them up. What ever happened to the Customer is always right? :b
tongue.gif

Quote:
I hope ur right J, the sneaker game is much like EPMD's view on rap. Outta Control

The Big Payback

Londajays wins the award for the best quote I've read to date on NT... LOL :rofl:
roll.gif
:rofl:
roll.gif

You say I'm not The "E"??? You wanna make a bet???

Quote:
Thank you JB, and Gentry for not returning the "Nike Air". Let me enjoy the hunt for some that I do not have. Hell, call me crazy but I like paying $450 for black V's and $380 for some SpaceJam's. If it is truly a shoe you love, there is no price range.

idiot.

and i am definitely calling you crazy.

i quit worrying about what other people were wearing when i was a teenager.

why on earth would anyone rather pay close to 500 dollars on a shoe that will fall apart alot sooner??

www.feelmode.com

Quote:
Thank you JB, and Gentry for not returning the "Nike Air". Let me enjoy the hunt for some that I do not have. Hell, call me crazy but I like paying $450 for black V's and $380 for some SpaceJam's. If it is truly a shoe you love, there is no price range.

I don't think a sane person enjoys paying $400 for a pair of jordans.

i suppose so, with you its a little tough because everytime i come on here it appears u live and brethe this forum and seem very into it.

i would hope that pelican bay comment was a joke because u came off like a nerdy movie watchin 14 year old.
www.feelmode.com

Quote:
What a joke. Jordan is nothing without the retros. There's no way in hell they're gonna slow down the retro line. Nobody gives a damn about any team shoe or Carmelo's line. Those aren't real Jordan's

Sorry to say but WRONG. No one ON NT gives a damn about the team line. however, the general public loves these shoes. How many people do you see rocking team J's? I see mothers, dads, children, babysitters, everyone rocking team J's. They're afordable and these people get to be wearing "jordans". There have been plenty of times while I'm out people will say "hey you rock J's too!!!" and they'll be wearing a team J. The public does not make the distiction of the team line vs. the flagship models. Hell they don't even make the distiction of retros vs new J's. We here at NT might not buy the Dubs, teams, or 8x colors of the IV but the mass market does. When consumers who are looking to go buy shoes go to footlocker, footaction, finishline, or whatever they see team J's and see a jumpman on them they think to themselves "oh these are Jordans, YEAH! Oh snap only 79 bucks!" and they buy them. They don't care if its the XXII, XIV's, teams, trunners or whatever as long as they have a jumpan on them. The bottom line is that JB makes money off these consumers. We represent a very small profit to JB and although our passion is much deeper for the flagship and OG's JB turns their back to us to follow the $$. Does it suck? Hell yes, but as a business sense this is what JB has chosen to follow. What we can do is not buy anymore of their crap and have another $150 in your pocket. The only way to make them understand is to hurt them and the only way to hurt them is to NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.
Selling DS Jordan XIII lows UNC blue Mens 8.0 Retail or under!

Selling DS AF1 Royale Lebron James Size 8.0 for RETAIL

Quote:
Sorry to say but WRONG. No one ON NT gives a damn about the team line. however, the general public loves these shoes. How many people do you see rocking team J's? I see mothers, dads, children, babysitters, everyone rocking team J's. They're afordable and these people get to be wearing "jordans". There have been plenty of times while I'm out people will say "hey you rock J's too!!!" and they'll be wearing a team J. The public does not make the distiction of the team line vs. the flagship models. Hell they don't even make the distiction of retros vs new J's. We here at NT might not buy the Dubs, teams, or 8x colors of the IV but the mass market does. When consumers who are looking to go buy shoes go to footlocker, footaction, finishline, or whatever they see team J's and see a jumpman on them they think to themselves "oh these are Jordans, YEAH! Oh snap only 79 bucks!" and they buy them. They don't care if its the XXII, XIV's, teams, trunners or whatever as long as they have a jumpan on them.

The man has a point...
You need ALL WHITE Air Force 1 lows? I got 'em..sz.7.5-15...only $88 shipped! E-mail me at: [email protected]<br><br><br>

Quote:
i would hope that pelican bay comment was a joke because u came off like a nerdy movie watchin 14 year old.

yeah that's what the laughing emoticons are for. it's usually it indicitive of a joke. i want him fired not dead.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
Member since August 2004​

Oh well, at least I gotta bunch of shoes to hoop in. I'm sure I won't buy any after the XXIII anyway. I'll pick up a retro here and there but..... :\
ohwell.gif

C O O K # 4 5

R.I.P., i guess i'll have to hit up flight club every now and then just to find the older retros, OG's that i didnt have the chance to get.

The "jumpman" bastardizing is only going to get worse >:
mad.gif
:smh:
nono.gif

Never Forget #33......

NBA REFS= ANTI-NEW YORK KNICKS

- well, where do i start?
Quote:
[Mase] wow [/Mase]

- im mean im almost speechless.
- one thing is for sure :smh:
nono.gif
@ JB.

- now i know after this thread people will want Gentry's head on a platter, and have been wanting that for sometime, but..... you know what? Gentry has a boss just like everyonelse in the world. would it be too outfield to think that maybe Gentry wants to do what he was thinking about before, but when he informed his "higher ups" of the direction he wanted to go he was reminded of their goal? and told to "either get back on track with their intended direction or pack his bags?"
- even though this may not be the case, i mean it is a possibility right? some of us have had the unfortunate opportunity to experience situations like this on the job first hand. when your supervisor wants to do something right but someone above him knocks his idea down.

- the reason i started thinking this way was because why would he make empty claims only to do damn near a 180 overnight? it must be some other factor that we dont know about.
- other than that all i have is a :rolleyes
eyes.gif
"oh well", i wish it could last in a meaningful way, but if these plans are indeed true, id rather see the end than continue to see it go downhill...... :frown:
frown.gif

- im sad, my sig is gone.
- anyone willing to buy me ezsupporter, i will gladly send you a pair of used retro low jordan taxi's
- and no, they arent beat, i just dont care for lows, and these have been sitting around the house lately collecting dust.

Quote:
Sorry to say but WRONG. No one ON NT gives a damn about the team line. however, the general public loves these shoes. How many people do you see rocking team J's? I see mothers, dads, children, babysitters, everyone rocking team J's. They're afordable and these people get to be wearing "jordans". There have been plenty of times while I'm out people will say "hey you rock J's too!!!" and they'll be wearing a team J. The public does not make the distiction of the team line vs. the flagship models. Hell they don't even make the distiction of retros vs new J's. We here at NT might not buy the Dubs, teams, or 8x colors of the IV but the mass market does. When consumers who are looking to go buy shoes go to footlocker, footaction, finishline, or whatever they see team J's and see a jumpman on them they think to themselves "oh these are Jordans, YEAH! Oh snap only 79 bucks!" and they buy them. They don't care if its the XXII, XIV's, teams, trunners or whatever as long as they have a jumpan on them. The bottom line is that JB makes money off these consumers. We represent a very small profit to JB and although our passion is much deeper for the flagship and OG's JB turns their back to us to follow the $$. Does it suck? Hell yes, but as a business sense this is what JB has chosen to follow. What we can do is not buy anymore of their crap and have another $150 in your pocket. The only way to make them understand is to hurt them and the only way to hurt them is to NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY.

I agree to some extent. I still see more retros and flagship shoes than team shoes. Team shoes sell to the general public because they are cheaper, yet they are still Jordans. But do team shoes ever sell out? No. Retros sell out almost always, and some flagship shoes sell out also.

That doesn't mean what JB is thinking about doing is acceptable. They are screwing over their biggest customers, US!!!!!!!!! People buying team shoes aren't spending the biggest money on Js. We are. They should give the consumer what they want.

I haven't bought a J on RD since Laser IVs. The last shoe before that was Olympic VIIs. At one point I was buying a pair every month. Now look. I haven't given a @#%$ about anything that has released since the Laser IVs.

It had to end one day. I used to get that "these are Jordans" feeling when I bought the retros back in 99-01. Not anymore. They are just like any other shoe, sometimes worse. What makes "Jordans" special?

I still don't understand why "Nike Air" can't be on a retro Jordan. JB says it wants to be it's own idenity. JB is not Nike anymore. That is so much crap. "Nike Air" on a retro Jordan is like paying homage to the past. NIke created Air Jordan. Air Jordan would be nothing without Nike. This is starting to come true.
JB knows the retro quality sucks and choose not to do anything about it. Why should they. JB will still make money come release day. The fact that they know about it and don't care isn't what JB should be about. No company should act like this.
Nowadays fakes are a better quality, and look better then what JB gives us. That should be a red flag for any Jordan fan. Put yourself out of the box and see what's really going on. Don't let JB pimp you for your money. When some people see a new Jordan they say it's "crack". I guess for some of you it really is crack. Actin' like fiends buying low quality @#%$.

Now JB plans to release the "Spizike", WTH is that??? Charging 175 and people are actually loving it.

RIP JB

I swear to God. Jordan XI are my @#%$ Unicorn. I don't think I will ever see a pair in my possesion. Thank you Jordan Brand. Thank you for allowing me to see the end. I never thought I would stop buying Jordans, but it looks like that could become a reality soon.
Latest Pickup: Air Jordan VII Retro (Black/Citrus-Varsity Red)

Some people wouldn't stop buying Jordans unless something like this would happen. JB really has mind control on some people. Don't let JB tell you when to buy shoes.

I am glad the XI is not coming out. I have a feeling they would do the XI like the IV or XIV. Can you imagine misty blue XI's, tour yellow and black XI's, laser XI's, nubuck XI's?

This is crazy... It will be a sad day when Brand Jordan calls it quits...

And I am by NO MEANS calling ducktales on BabyJ, but what if this is all part of Gentry's plan?

We were all pissed when we saw sample pics of the Military IV's. All of a sudden there are plastic (TPU) wings on the production models and (surprise, surprise) Gentry is a HERO.

We then got confirmation of XI's upcoming in the near future, along with Nike Air appearances.

Fast forward to the SC Vegas Event... (Which i have most of on tape btw.) Gentry tells us that NO XI's in the near future, NO VI's planned, and NO Nike Air, EVER... But on the table next to him was an Infrared VI, with a black Jumpman on the back. (So, an upcoming VI retro????)

So, if he brings back XI, VI, and Nike Air, after believing that these gems are gone for at least a very long while.... In our eyes, once again Gentry will look like the hero for bringing back what we wished for....

Also, remember at the Love Truck a while back, he said EVERY original color will make an appearance at least once... But then again, he said that the II would not be made again because of the many differences in the '94 model... Even though the II is one of the FEW models that kept NIKE on the shoe.

JB probably taking the Retro thing at ease, which I am glad for. Originally they only made maybe 2 series per year or less.
they shoulda kept it that way.

I really doubt that JB will call the retro line off not even 5 years from now.

its just that now everyone on the block has some kinda #'d Retro AJ
honestly makes me not want to wear them at all sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom