2007 - Whole Lot Of @#%$ Has Changed.

Quote:
Air Jordans SHOULD have incredible sustainability beyond the career of Michael Jordan himself - and anyone who doesn't think so shouldn't be managing that brand.

realtalk. i couldnt have said it better myself

Quote:
GENTRY, YOU ARE A @#%$ MORON AND I HATE YOUR @#%$ @#%$ . GET THE @#%$ OUT OF JB AND GO @#%$ YOURSELF.

:rofl:
roll.gif
exactly how i feel

Quote:
the moral of the story? gentry is a @#%$ @#%$.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

NTers are getting harsh. For once, I'd like to see somebody from high up in JB come and address the forum. I don't want to hear what they think from other people. I want somebody to have the balls to come on here and talk to us. Just look at how mad people are. I've never seen people so mad on here.

I got into the shoe game back in 2002. So unfortunately I really only had 2-3 years of being part of a good JB. These last two years have been terrible. They've retroed what people wanted, but they don't do it right. But people buy them because they are desperate. They've abandoned the flagship model. I bought the XVIIIs when they first came out. I love them, but for $175 they were way too much. They need to return to the days when the flagship shoe was worth the price tag it had on it.

If JB stays true to their word, the Lebron line will take over just like I said a few months ago. The Lebron IV is an amazing shoe. I can't wait to cop.

DS collectors are rolling in their graves.

Now, I'm really about to buy multiples of the remaining good to decent releases. Then...the hunt for OGs and past retros begins.

TEAMlateNIGHT
[table][tr][td]>AIM[/td][/tr][/table]​
Indianapolis Colts & Indiana Pacers

Team Billy White Dirk.. I wasn't going to post for the same reasons your probably not...

But this was funny.....and ironic...

Quote:
wonder if Gentry and/or anybody from the JB team reads this and just laughs .... saying F us all

You'll never hear me say I told them so..... :\
ohwell.gif
Back to my RockDeep Cave....

THE SAGA CONTINUES.....
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++​
[/b]
You know what Rolls Down Hill Don't You?
Who Will You Call When "They" Make More than You?

How can some of you complain? I mean your upset about gentry not caring about quality, yet some went out and bought over five pairs of Mars. Why should they care about quality when people buy the shoes regardless?

As for the end of JB no one expected It to last as long as it did when it first came out. If the line ends just look back and enjoy it for what it was.
PO LATINO
LOGAN PRIDE CLASS OF '08​

I cant believe that there is anyone at Brand Jordan who can honestly say that anyone is going to get excited over a Team Jordan release.

I cant believe there is anyone who will continue to support the Jordan Brand without retroes which lets be honest have become the heart of the business recently or a viable signature shoe, which as someone else posted earlier is the reason that JB is allowed to get away with all the retroes and the team line in the first place-- the sig shoe gives the rest of the line the credibility it needs.

Running JB should be the easiest job in the world. Give the public what they want - a decent flagship shoe worn by decent players in the NBA no offense to but JBs team rota is weak at best. Put out some OG replicas in OG colours. Dont saturate your own market. Dont steal sales from yourself. Look after your valued customers - what other line of footwear / clothing can honestly claim to have 21 years worth of passionate, loyal customers who know so much about their brand????

Someone needs to get this sh** back on track and do it fast.

I want my IIIs, my XIs and 1 more classic shoe next year. If there is a decent Melo shoe, i might buy it too. I will definitely buy the XXII if its of the requisite quality of a shoe bearing the flagship Jordan label. I may even buy it in more than one colour if its good enough. Thats it though.

Now how difficult should that be????

Oh and i forgot to add

Cancel that f***ing Jordan Spizike piece of **** before the rest of the industry dies laughing at you. That **** is exactly the sort of release which is insulting to your loyal customers by destroying the image and memories of their favourite Jordans.

And charging them $175 for the privelidge.

How did this even get past the idea stage?

People will still buy the shoes, but full time resellers will have a heck of a time making great money like they used too.

I'm just glad I have a lot of older 99 retros.

As small a chance as it seems, IF one of us ever becomes an editor of the oxford dictionary, we should add his name into it.

Something like this:

GENTRY / gen-tree/

1. verb
To f something up, to tarnish things, to screw up things, to drag things into the mud:
example:
The lazy boy GENTRIED his final exam and is grounded for life.
The girl is GENTRIED after she found out she is tested positive for HIV.

2. noun
Loser. Someone you want to punch right into face. Someone you want to kick in the nuts. Someone you just hate.
example:
Hey you dumb GENTRY, kiss my butt.
You stupid GENTRY, that's my mom you are screwing at!!!

**WHATEVER***

Someone in another post pointed this out. When i said Gentry ran the comapny down the drain. I got a little excited haha. What I meant was that he ran the company's legacy down the drain.

"My bad. I meant the legacy of the company. Not the company. You're right. Gentry's a business/marketing genius. He has probably pushed out the most profit in JB history. But nevertheless, he whored out the Jordan Line/Legacy by doing so."

And yea, like many others have said, most JBs mass market cannot differentiate between retros, teams, trunners, or the newest flagship model.

Us NikeTalkers are being phased out by Gentry as they prepare themselves for the new breed of buyers, the regular people. Kind of like what Macintosh did with their iPod. They're looking for mass appeal. That means more wallets for them to reach into.

How can some of you complain? I mean your upset about gentry not caring about quality, yet some went out and bought over five pairs of Mars. Why should they care about quality when people buy the shoes regardless?[/quote]

Well, it's kinda like if Pops comes home when you're a kid & beats your @#%$ like 2-3 times in a drunken craze, but buys you a Xbox 360 the next day & tells you he loves you. Sure, you don't wanna get the hell beat out of you, but you want the Xbox at the same time...

Anyways, JB started nailing their own coffin a long time ago. Oversaturation will always get you in the end. Why do you think they only make 2,000 Lambos a year? The demand is definetly there for at least 10x that #, but they know that you can't oversaturate the market if you want your demand up there. Rather, you keep the #'s low and focus instead on putting out a world-class, industry leading, top-quality product (hint, hint).

Back in the day, it was much more regulated, even as recently as maybe '03. Nowadays, you got a new release every 2 weeks. They deserve their demise.

They don't about about RBJ's
They don't know about Gulfway Drive
They don't know about Louis Manor
or Carver Terrace, them boys gon' lie -
Bun B., describing the Land of The Trill, P.A.T., real live though...

Quote:
How many people can remember over the course of 10 years Disney went from movies like Beauty and the Beast and Lion King, to giving us garabge like Treasure Planet and Atlantis. Sometimes, people get in a comfort zone, and get used to what did work, and fail to pay attention to whats going on around them, and what's changed... Most people over the age of 25 on here probably remember wanting to go to Disney World or Disneyland as being like THE trip of a lifetime. Now, it's nothing but a hassle with lines, jacked up prices, and rides that don't have any inspiration on them... what did we get? A copy of fricking Dumbo, a Carpet on a rod that goes up and down.

Jordan Brand has actually become its own worst enemy. Everything it does now is counter to its own ethics and legacy. It is no longer inspired, its copied from something else. It's no longer original, its a re-release of an older shoe. It's no longer quality, it's crap in bulk with a $10 mark up on it.

INstead of becoming a Nike Junior, and making every shoe on earth available, concentrate on keeping the spirit of the Greatest of All Time in each shoe it makes, be it retro, team, or signature, and knock off trying to be second best in your own house.

As far as releasing retros, we're up to 21 years of Jordans. I would assume someone in that division can divide simple math. 21 divided by 10 years is roughly 2. So why not make an effort in the spring to retro at most FIVE shoes from 1 through 10, and then in the fall, retro FIVE colors of 11 through 20? That clears them for the next 10 years, 21, through 30, to not have to retro. And it gives us some actual breathing room on what's coming out. Yeah, boo hoo, youre screwed if your grail is a IX or XIX, and you have to wait until 2015 to get it, but its the only way to slow this mess down and get some order back into it.

I noticed Disney falling off too. But I never made the comparison with JB. Genius man. Anyway, yea, company higher-ups become too comfortable and they start riding their past legacy. They sell themselves out and ***** out their own products. Sadly for us, we've been seeing this happen first hand with JB for the past couple of years. We are going to see a new era of JB. A company that could give a rat's @#%$ about it's loyal customers when they could make so much more money from their new growing sector of buyers. Everybody. Which includes a bunch of impressionable young kids who will buy anything with a Jumpman, moms, dads, grandmas, etc. The uneducated public. The luster of the Jordan legacy has been dulled by greed. But yea. JB is just a company right? And a company's first priority is to make money.

Then why am I so heated? Idk.

BTW, I didn't buy the Mars or any other 06 release except the DMP. So don't knock on me for complaining.

Just my 2 cents.
Gentry knows that as we get further away from the time His Airness was in the spotlight and ruled the sporting world, the brand will eventually run it's course. So, being the businessman that he is, is only doing what anyone worth their spit in business would do with a slowly sinking ship...MILK IT FOR ALL IT'S WORTH!!!
He's maximized his profits by switching factories from Taiwan to China wherein it's structured within the contracts that these factories are bound to reduce overall production cost each fiscal year. That means cutting corners, using lesser and lesser quality grade materials, and squeezing whatever droplets of integrity is left in the final product. So, what we wind up with is something that 'looks' like something we all hold near and dear but is not nearly to the level of quality as the original.
Gentry knows that he's tapped into this retro phenomena and has used the shoe game to his every advantage. Putting out stuff that should have never been let out of the design studio, ie; .5's and dub zero's. Still, the hype and craze has fueled the market and his boldness in putting out stuff lesser companies would simply laugh at because he's proven it sells IRREGARDLESS.
Nevertheless, we'll still fall into the same traps and spend our money because we're all holding onto the same fleeting dream of an era gone by. That's human nature.
peace

So why not make an effort in the spring to retro at most FIVE shoes from 1 through 10, and then in the fall, retro FIVE colors of 11 through 20? That clears them for the next 10 years, 21, through 30, to not have to retro. And it gives us some actual breathing room on what's coming out

I really liked what you said, I think it was great. But I think JB sees all the money going to fakes and going on ebay and figures they have to put a shoe every paycheck cycle in order to cash on the money being spent on their product but not ending up in their pocket. It is quiet obvious to me that JB does not want to give people any time to save money that could be spent elsewhere.
I'm the first black man with mafia ties

hopefully the company will recover
Team Weezy F.
"I been ready since 81 and I was born in 82"

Buy My JL AMP

Honestly, I would love to see a tiering system installed.

This may sound a little crazy, but I think it is a way that JB can still ***** out the brand to the masses and keep all of us happy.

With the Retros (not retro +) why not mass produce with whatever crap materials they want with whatever whack new twists they want for the footlockers and the Modells....

...but while they are doing that, they can have a "G.O.A.T." edition released one month after the GR with OG quality and exact OG replication... at a higher price of course.

Here is the kicker, instead of releasing to a limited group of stores where most people either camp or have to cop on EBAY... the GOAT versions are available only to members of a renewed MJ Flight Club. Each member is guaranteed 2 pair of each release.

TO keep the price from getting crazy they do the following:

1 - sell only direct to members via internet and phone - this cuts out the retailers and raises their take from wholesale to retail.
2 - we have to reserve our pairs and pay (5 months or however long production takes) in advance so that they know how many they need to produce within a tight frame - no discount bin for these shoes.

So, for example...
the 23 V's release to the gen pop 12/20/06

Flight Club members would have had to reserve their 2 pair of GOAT versions during a 2 week window in mid July '06 (2 weeks=no overloaded servers).

GOAT versions ship direct for delivery 1/20/07

Works for us because we get exactly what we want, for what... maybe 175-200 a pair? JB also gets a one month window during which GOATs arent flooding the market and most people buy a pair of the GR anyway because they either dont know about GOAT or they cant wait for their GOAT and rock the GR's in the meantime...

Hell, charge us $50 a year membership.

Just an idea... but I would sign up.

This is my third post on this, and I've been thinking about this a LOT since I woke up this morning and read this, and nearly wanted to puke. It's hard to believe one giant flaming jackass can be responsible for basically the downfall of an entire legacy. Someone made the comparison to Julius Ceasar and Rome earlier, and if you think about it, it is completely true. Even with Jordan's faults, the gambling, the retirements, the crummy general manager he was, the cheating, the public ALWAYS forgave him. But here is someone who's been on Jordan's coat tails for 17 years, who will ultimately do the man in. we all know Jordan has money to burn, use as toilet paper, and still buy a third world country. He's on the board of Quaker Oats- Gatorade, Oakley, Hanes, and Upper Deck. Money isn't his issue.

What really has began to piss me off about the whole thing is so far out of 11 pages of posts, no one's actually gone into full postal mode of boycotting Jordan. Looking at the calendar, there is NOTHING coming out in August that is an OG or a new shoe. And I know a bunch of you little weasels out there are just going to DIE for the hype on the Carolina V and the Royal V, but why? Neither are exactly appealing, the Carolina is the EXACT SAME COLORWAY as the XIV that looked like junk. For once, can we PLEASE come together and unanimously vote to boycott the month of August? It's back to school time, buy pencils, notebooks, hookers, sex change operations, donkey shows, whatever else but ANYTHING NOT JORDAN for this month? It's a slow month, and Jordan seems to have this image of us being sheep, just lead them to slaughter, and fleece their wallets along the way.

I would venture a guess that about 80% of the people on here don't care half as much about the new colors as they do about OGs, and ain't none of the V's, IV's or anything else coming out in August are OGs. Instead of crying in our milk, vodka, Mickey's, or whatever else, can we actually pull our head's out of our asses and do something for a change? I said it before, the internet is a wonderful tool for people from around the world to have one voice. We did wonders getting the plastic changed on the IV's already. If we stand up, and save ourselves $300 or more in August not buying junk shoes, I think we have a far greater chance of getting a change in the way business is done, rather than sitting here booing and demanding someone be fired.

I want the man responsible for this, Gentry Humphries, brought out of his nice little office in Beaverton, Oregon, and I want to look him straight in the eye, and tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor flushing, low life, snake licking, dirt eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, bloodsucking, dog kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fatassed, bug eyed, stiff legged, scronny lipped, worm headed sack of monkey @#%$ he is. Hallelujah, holy @#%$. Where's the Tylenol?

Making the team line the flagship is like Ford Retiring the Mustang, and pushing the Focus.

You passed doing what you loved the most
R.I.P. John LaBarbera
1989 - 10/17/2005
Even though you're gone, we're still a team

the retro is what people look forward to. and remeniscing about. and sharing memories with friends and family and their children. taking that away will kill the brand. well hopefully that will happen and nike will take over again. and $%!t right.
this week he's moppin' floors next week its the fries

Back
Top Bottom