*** 2008 NBA ALL STAR: FULL ROSTERS! (Update on Allen-Butler + RASHEED) ***

Originally Posted by WJuN15

hahaha this dude said outlaw makes all the game winners...you saw outlaw make 2 game winners on espn and then you say something like that...
laugh.gif

I just think Roy got in over Baron because the Blazers are a feel good story...it is what it is -/quote]

yup!...blazers are exceeding expectations far greater than what the warriors have achieved so far.

and that's two losses during the win streak that supposedly makes roy better than davis. and i guess his impact with his energy and coming off thebench and still getting 20+ during the stretch had nothing to do with them winning. ok.

Again-I have no beef with Roy in the all-star game, but what I have a problem with is the sheer ignorance of dudes who say Baron "doesn't playdefense" and doesn't have the intangibles (clutch, etc.) that Roy has.
[sacramento kings announcer]YOU DONT KNOW NBA BASKETBALL[/sacramento kings announcer[

Originally Posted by kobefan88

lol, there have been some horrible arguments in this thread, mainly by a certain Lakers fan, but this one has to take the cake:

So.... Baron Davis upsetting Dallas Mavs last year, not counted? SMH.......
roll.gif
Im sorry, but it doesnt even make sense

nah i think someone said roy was better than davis because the blazers could beat the warriors in a seven game series so he was saying that davis is betterthan anyone on the mavs because the warriors beat them. or if the pistons beat the celts in a seven game series then billups is better than kg orsomething.

and someone posted about gerald wallace, how could i forgot gerald. he definitely deserved to be there and i completely forgot about him. he deserved thatspot much more than jj. i had that same argument in some other thread how he barely made it last year but had a better season and this year he makes it with aworse season.

Whatever, A LOT of people here don't know crap about what they are talking about. Baron got snubbed, all well whatever can't do nothing about it. Hedeserved it
tired.gif
Hopefully this motivates him.

and that's two losses during the win streak that supposedly makes roy better than davis. and i guess his impact with his energy and coming off the bench and still getting 20+ during the stretch had nothing to do with them winning. ok.
doesnt make sense.

No player scores all the points in a basketball game. Last time I checked, Al Harrington, SJ, Monta and co. sometimes just maybe score 20 or morepoints in basketball games. You need supporting cast when you are the star of a team. Did I say Outlaw had nothing to do with blazers winning? lol...i postedin response to someone saying he hits all the clutch shots and not roy...

^ Dude, just stop arguing. You won't get through to 3/4's of the people on NT. Just sit back and relax, and enjoy the moment.

Dirk should not have made the West squad. I can see why Al Jefferson did not make it because in the past ASG worthy PFs don't usually make it if theirteam sucks and their conference has other good PFs. The only exception I can think of to this off the top of my head is Antonio McDyess, but I know some goodforwards have been snubbed in the past because their team sucks. Marcus Camby should be on the team over Dirk though, but Dirk is the star
eyes.gif

Even though I'm a huge Rockets fan, here's hoping McGrady is injured so the spot can go to Baron or Deron Williams.

Whatever, A LOT of people here don't know crap about what they are talking about. Baron got snubbed, all well whatever can't do nothing about it. He deserved it
tired.gif
and that's what sucks about the guard situation in the West. There are so many good guards, that one person was bound to get screwed over,but in this case I think the wrong person got screwed. Baron has been having a really good year, but honestly this is probably better for the Warriors in thelong run. Now you get a hungry, pissed of Baron with a chip on his shoulder. That>Baron making the all-star team.

and that's two losses during the win streak that supposedly makes roy better than davis. and i guess his impact with his energy and coming off the bench and still getting 20+ during the stretch had nothing to do with them winning. ok.
doesnt make sense.

No player scores all the points in a basketball game. Last time I checked, Al Harrington, SJ, Monta and co. sometimes just maybe score 20 or more points in basketball games. You need supporting cast when you are the star of a team. Did I say Outlaw had nothing to do with blazers winning? lol...i posted in response to someone saying he hits all the clutch shots and not roy...

!@! you're almost making my point. i never said you didn't need a supporting cast. i agreed with some dude that roy gets too much credit and theothers don't. that's why i'm saying roy isn't better than player x. and i don't make sense? !@! is sometimes just maybe. people said daviswasn't as good because of the win streak they had. and that's some stupid numbers game. and if they're looking at numbers, then why don'tbaron's numbers come into play if it's a roy vs davis argument. instead they choose some random win streak number as the basis of player a > playerb. i was never arguing that. i said they both deserved it and idiots keep comin in sayin that baron is worse because roy had that win streak or w/e.

Whatever, A LOT of people here don't know crap about what they are talking about. Baron got snubbed, all well whatever can't do nothing about it. He deserved it
tired.gif
and that's what sucks about the guard situation in the West. There are so many good guards, that one person was bound to get screwed over, but in this case I think the wrong person got screwed. Baron has been having a really good year, but honestly this is probably better for the Warriors in the long run. Now you get a hungry, pissed of Baron with a chip on his shoulder. That>Baron making the all-star team.

Thats exactly what i was thinking.

tired.gif
and that's what sucks about the guard situation in the West. There are so many good guards, that one person was bound to get screwed over, but in this case I think the wrong person got screwed. Baron has been having a really good year, but honestly this is probably better for the Warriors in the long run. Now you get a hungry, pissed of Baron with a chip on his shoulder. That>Baron making the all-star team.

yeah, like in the warriors thread, if this gets baron fired up then w/e, i'll take it. but the situation does suck because it would be wrong, well maybenot wrong, but weird to have 4 guards, 3 of them pg's, and then 3 total pf/c's in there.

Many people have forgotten the IN YOUR FACE dunk he threw on AK47... Not even a year ago
He's the main role in "WE BELIEVE" campaign last year.
He's the man who upset Dallas last year.. BS.

Do you realize that your arguement is based off last year. Last time I checked, 2007 is not 2008.

As well, I knew that Baron would get snubbed again this year. Its upsetting to see someone that has played so well not make the all star game. However, thereare only 12 guys on the team. And since there were only 4/5 guard spots, it made it that much harder for Baron to get in. Its really a matter of coachesopinions on this. Could it be that Roy got in because coaches didnt think he would be this good this quick? Roy deserves it, no question about it. Barondeserves it as well. I think its just come to the point where you have to call it what it is. Baron got snubbed, end of story. Instead, he gets a nice weekendoff, and gives him time to concentrate on another fun and enjoyable playoff run.

I wish Jose got in the game, but I knew that he wouldnt.

One question: Do any of you guys think that this all star game gives you the "up and coming" feel? Paul/Roy/West. Players that can get so muchbetter. Do you guys feel that this all star game is more targeted towards the [charles barkley] YOUNGNESS [/charles barkley]

Originally Posted by rocksfan25

Dirk should not have made the West squad. I can see why Al Jefferson did not make it because in the past ASG worthy PFs don't usually make it if their team sucks and their conference has other good PFs. The only exception I can think of to this off the top of my head is Antonio McDyess, but I know some good forwards have been snubbed in the past because their team sucks. Marcus Camby should be on the team over Dirk though, but Dirk is the star
eyes.gif

Even though I'm a huge Rockets fan, here's hoping McGrady is injured so the spot can go to Baron or Deron Williams.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

SMH at these blazer fans swearing Roy is an easy choice over Baron. I'm not going to cry that Baron should have made it but he should have.

He has played at a very high level this year has been durable by playing 40 min a game and has done it on both sides of the court. Baron IMO is very deserving,not saying Roy isn't but Baron has done more for his team by hitting big shots in close games. I've watched Portland a few times and numerous guys havestepped up in close games like Outlaw, Jack, Blake and Aldridge.

I hope Baron and the Dubs fill disrespected and play with a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the year. Better believe Baron is gonna take this personaland murk opposing guards to show he got robbed of his spot.

instead they choose some random win streak number as the basis of player a > player b. i was never arguing that. i said they both deserved it and idiots keep comin in sayin that baron is worse because roy had that win streak or w/e.
i dont know how you can say roy got it cuz of one winning streak...maybe coaches know more than us. i dont know.

This is pointless cuz theres too many dumb blazer/warriors fans in this thread. Using arguments made by other ppl against ur own arguments...

We can all agree Baron Davis and Brandon Roy are both pretty good basketball players.

One question: Do any of you guys think that this all star game gives you the "up and coming" feel? Paul/Roy/West. Players that can get so much better. Do you guys feel that this all star game is more targeted towards the [charles barkley] YOUNGNESS [/charles barkley]
yup, probably why camby didn't make it. i mean, he's one guy who can change a game with his defense alone. his offensive presencedoesn't even matter. not that he doesn't score, but he doesn't have to score for his team to win because of his impact on the other end. it'seither that or like i said before, the defense just doesn't translate to the fans as much as offense. so player a > player b because of numbers. defenseisn't just rebounding or blocks. camby can guard the bigs, change peoples shots with that reach and all, but you can't get numbers out of that. and hisrebounding and block numbers are best in the league anyway.

This is probably the least star studded All-Star roster ever. I'm happy for some of these guys who made it, but this looks to be one of the more boring asgever.

instead they choose some random win streak number as the basis of player a > player b. i was never arguing that. i said they both deserved it and idiots keep comin in sayin that baron is worse because roy had that win streak or w/e.
i dont know how you can say roy got it cuz of one winning streak...maybe coaches know more than us. i dont know.

This is pointless cuz theres too many dumb blazer/warriors fans in this thread. Using arguments made by other ppl against ur own arguments...

We can all agree Baron Davis and Brandon Roy are both pretty good basketball players.

no i didn't say roy got it because of that. others did and that's what i was arguing against. i think we got mixed up or something because itappears we were arguing for the same thing. when i was quoting there were like a million quotes and all and we probably got confused. i was arguing howthey're both unique in their own way to their team and both should have been chosen for the game. it wasn't a player a > player b because they bothshould have been in it and that's that.

I know what this thread is missing. Chester running around like a lame posting pictures of crying babies and tissue boxes. We definitely need a least 3 morepictures out of you.

Originally Posted by JONFARR

lol at most all of these BD fans. Go cry yourselves a river... Your Boy missed it, Portland's made it. Go pull all the numbers and whatever out of your butts that you want. Story is the NBA COACHES though there were other deserving players over BD, nuff said.

Like i said earlier, numbers don't tell the whole story. Do numbers show clutch shots, game winning moves, leadership, etc... And there is a very very good point being made about defense. nobody ever looks at defense, its all about the avg. points, assists, and rebounds... Thats only half the game fellas.

Naked truth... Roy = All-Star, Baron = A nice couple days off
pimp.gif

roll.gif
. u mean to tell me baron davis doesn't make clutch shots?doesn't show leadership? doesn't make game winning moves? and he doesn't play defense?

of course stats don't tell a whole story. but for a guard it does. u can argue it for a big man, but not necessarily for a guard. for a guy like brandonroy who handles the ball at a pretty high rate, his stats are pretty average. and please, it ain't like he's a world stopper on defense. nor has hetearing it up with clutch play.

Back
Top Bottom