2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

that fight was Garbage. I m sorry.
Two scared Fighters.
both scared to let they hands go like the first time around.

Pavlik wins.

He was just more active all fight. Taylor didnt throw anything behind that jab all night. he was just waiting to counter and that ended costing him. he didntattack the body enough and i dont think taylor ever attacks the body much though. He had a good game plan but taylor wasnt throwing any big punches. He wastired for the 12th and couldnt get off either so that didnt help.

Gunna how was pavlik scared ? he had taylor backing up most of the fight.

damn, no KOs i see.

thanks for the play-by-play everyone.

fight sounds like a dud. i'll still tune in next saturday so i can give my analysis.

smh.gif
Damn another L for JT........
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Yeah Jermain needs to improve his stamina and his activity. He seemed to be more passive the last few rounds.

I see Winky beatin him too. I'd rather see Pavlik vs kessler or winner calzaghe/Hopkins

That a fight w/ Winky would be UGLY...

Nah, Kelly wouldnt respect Winky's power and will be willing to let his hands go.
He fought a scared but smart fight tonite. but Ive never seen him fight this cautiously before . U could see he was not gonna allow JT to knock him out

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I see Winky beatin him too. I'd rather see Pavlik vs kessler or winner calzaghe/Hopkins

That a fight w/ Winky would be UGLY...
Nah, Kelly wouldnt respect Winky's power and will be willing to let his hands go.
He fought a scared but smart fight tonite. but Ive never seen him fight this cautiously before . U could see he was not gonna allow JT to knock him out

Yeah....But.....Will it bother Winky and his defense????

I think Pavlik would handle winky easy.

Pavlik got a good jab and throws alot of punches with power so i think he could get around winky's defense.

I think Winky would win because he has better defense and his jab is the key to him winning. I know Winky isn't a power puncher nor a brawler and peopledon't want to see him fight Pavlik, but i think Winky would win.

Pavlik should NOT fight Tito because Tito will get killed in the ring.

Dan Rafael scord the bout 114-114.
Kieran Mulvaney scored the bout 116-112 for Taylor.
Darius Ortiz scored the bout 115-113 for Pavlik.
There was a lot of confusion in the scoring of this fight.

Well Jermaine "no Intentions " Taylor gets beat again . the story of the fight was this Pavlik goes forward Jermaine backs up all night . it tookthem a while to let their hands go and when they did it wasn't much. Kelly won by coming forward and using his Jab . Jermaine had no strategy and seemed tobe trying to go 12 rds . The under card fights where good though , good technical action from Mijares- Navarro even though the scoring was a little wacky . Anda pumped up Montiel ran over a talented Castillo in surprising fashion

they showin each other too much respect. they both actin like they scared to be the one ko'd
that's the truth. jermaine should have fought a fight in between this with some tomato can to get his confidence back. his jab looked greatfor most of the fight but didn't come up with anything to show for it. kelly was really just trying to get out of this. i thought it was a draw, whoeverhad it 117=111 was indeed trippin. . i was hoping jermaine would win so there would be another fight between these two. oh well.

I honestly thought that was a good fight. Nothing crazy good, definitely not as good as the first one, but standing on its own it was pretty good. I had Pavlikwinning 115-113. Jermain just couldn't let his hands go late and Kelly kept on throwing.

As far as a Winky-Pavlik fight, i think Pavlik takes it. The reason Jermain got the draw with Winky was because he was strong enough to just bust throughWinky's guard, and Pavlik is stronger and more active, so i think Pavlik wins a close but clear decision, something like a clear 115-113, maybe 116-112.

Also, while he fought a bum, Hearns didn't look too bad. He has a lot of natural athleticism, good handspeed, and does a nice job of doubling and triplinghis jab. He won't have a very long prime, but i think he could be a top 10 fighter and maybe a paper champion at 154 or 160 once Pavlik moves up.

Next week its Wladamir Klitschko vs. Sultan Ibragimov for the first Heavyweight unification since Lewis-Holyfield. I have Klitschko by KO in 7. RayAustin's height and length gave Ibragimov some problems, so i think Ibragimov is screwed against Klitschko. He may have his moments, but i think Wlad winsan easy one.

Winky's old and goes on late night krispy kreme runs (after his workouts
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
)

I don't see him beating Pavlik but Winky's a smart fighter so he can make it interesting.

Back
Top Bottom