2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

to that skank that scored it 117-111 , if u have any kids ....this song is for them

i had this fight 115-113 jermain winning ....but then again what do i know.

p.s jermain is EASILY stronger then pavlik at 166. had jermain been more active he woulda stole way more rounds (keep in mind he threw like what, half as manypunches as pavlik)

I had the fight real close, and had Pavlik winning. I would of had no problem if the fight would of been declared a draw.

I didn't keep score per round...I was too into the fight to do that but I felt Pavlik pulled it out in a close fight, 115-113 sounds about right. Eventhough some might call this fight boring, I enjoyed it a lot...it kept me on toes knowing that it could end at any second by KO from either side.

Jermaine "no Intentions " Taylor
laugh.gif

What happened to the Kelly Pavlik that aint give a %$+% about caution vs big punching Edson Miranda?
as impressed as I was by Pavlik's first win vs JT is how unimpressed I was by his performance last night.

That fight wasnt no 117-111 neither
smh.gif

Kelly wasn't AS impressive but that due more to the fact Jermaine was better tonight than he was in September

I think Jermaine just fought a smarter fight this time. He kept the fight in the middle of the ring which benefited him more

Jermaine showed me more in this fight than he has in his last 4 fights

I thought it was a pretty good fight. Kelly tried to take total control and be all out aggresive at times but, Taylor boxed pretty skillfully and made him staycautious. Jermain's problem is that he is scared to get hit and come forward. I have never seen a fighter with so much physical talent be as hesitant asthis dude. He just doesn't have the mindset to be a great fighter, no matter who is training him. In the middle rounds Pavlik was tired and getting rockedby some good combinations...but then Taylor would just sit back and wait for Kelly to attack and win the round on sheer agressiveness.

I had the fight 115-113 Pavilk. I think they could fight 30 times and the result would be the same each time.

That judge that scored it 117-111 needs to be disbarred.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

who''s next for Pavlik? Winky? Hopkins? Calzaghe? Kessler?

None of them. He's gonna go back down to 160 and defend that belt and make $$$.
I don't see him beating any of those guys, maybe Kessler.

I think Winky's defense and jab comes away with a decision against Pavlik.

Jermaine really disappointed me when went away from using his jab.

smh.gif

I don't really think it matters. He's the champ. Has a so - so star quality to him. His hype is pretty high right now.

He'll be making the lion's share of the purse money against guys like you said Sturm, Duddy, Abraham, Tito

I doubt he stay at 160 too long (something I kept asking Rafael on those ESPN Chats) because all the names are at 168

Arum seems set on having Pavlik's next fight at the Garden as a middleweight title defense. Therefore his likely opponents would probably be either Duddyor Trinidad since they would draw an Irish or PR fan base from NYC. Though according to here Trinidad Sr. doesn't want the fight at 160. If he faces Duddy it would basically be somethingto add to his highlight reel to leverage him as a mainstream attraction AND maybe be a descent pay day since it would likely put !!$%$ in seats. A Trinidadfight may play out about the same except this could possibly be a PPV.

I don't know if you guys watch WWE but Floyd Mayweather was at tonights PPV and he landed some punches on Big Show. Look what Floyd did to the Big Show
15y88ow.jpg

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

It was said that Floyd was to be part of a WWE skit, but i believe Floyd wasn't supposed to hit the Big Show and he did and Big Show got mad at actually being hit.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

It was said that Floyd was to be part of a WWE skit, but i believe Floyd wasn't supposed to hit the Big Show and he did and Big Show got mad at actually being hit.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seems strange that Mayweather would bare knuckle punch someone with his brittle hands and possibly put his career at risk. So I'm not sure I believe this.

Back
Top Bottom