2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Nooo.
roll.gif

Mayweather connected with three punches, leaving Show's nose and mouth a bloody mess, and on first inspection, a broken nose.

It was a perfectly executed "performance" from all involved, leaving the Las Vegas crowd unsure as to whether the whole thing had been planned or not.

But even though the plan may not have been to break Show's nose, Mayweather's appearance last night may well be enough to guarantee WWE's WrestleMania pay-per-view is a huge success.

Floyd is scheduled to be in some type of wrestling match at WrestleMania.

I guess that was Floyd's tune up fight.
laugh.gif

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Joe Calzaghe: "I'll Move Down For Kelly Pavlik" [table][tr][td] Recommend this page[/td] [td][img]http://www.boxingscene.com/onfire/iconMiniPrint.gif[/img] Printable version[/td] [td]
iconMiniShare.gif
Search BoxingScene Database[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
By Mark Vester

In a recent interview with Brian Doogan, WBC/WBO/WBA super middleweight champion Joe Calzaghe said that he's willing to move back down in weight for a fight with WBC/WBO middleweight champ Kelly Pavlik.

Calzaghe says that he's only taking the bout with Bernard Hopkins at the light heavyweight limit of 175-pounds because the Philadelphian fighter refused to move down to super middleweight. After Calzaghe's super-fight with Hopkins on April 19, he'd like to collide with Pavlik.

"I'm only stepping up to light heavyweight because Hopkins wouldn't come down to super middleweight and I've always wanted to be a champion at two weights," Calzaghe said. "Pavlik's a good champion and, yes, I'm impressed by him. He comes to fight and I like his no-nonsense style."

How would Calzgahe match up? Well, he doesn't think Pavlik is strong enough at 168 to beat a fighter like Mikkel Kessler, who Calzaghe was able to best last November. The undisputed champ broke it down the strategy to Doogan.

"He's a bit crude, Pavlik, and doesn't do anything exceptional," Calzaghe said. "I'd stop him from jabbing with my movement and my workrate would wear him down late on. I don't see [Pavlik] beating Mikkel Kessler because he wouldn't have the punching power to hurt him but I think he could be effective at super middle. He showed that last night [by] boxing just a few pounds under the super middleweight limit."

Pavlik is looking to return on June 7 at New York Madison Square Garden. The two frontrunner opponents are Felix Trinidad and "Irish" John Duddy. Trinidad may become a problem to put together as trainer/manager Papa Trinidad will not advise his son, who last fought at 170, to move down to 160 for Pavlik.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Mayweather connected with three punches, leaving Show's nose and mouth a bloody mess, and on first inspection, a broken nose.

It was a perfectly executed "performance" from all involved, leaving the Las Vegas crowd unsure as to whether the whole thing had been planned or not.

But even though the plan may not have been to break Show's nose, Mayweather's appearance last night may well be enough to guarantee WWE's WrestleMania pay-per-view is a huge success.
Busy weekend with the celebrity game and all.

Late as usual but I think it was a very interesting fight. I had it Pavlik 115-113. Enjoyed the super bantamweights fight hopefully we'll get to see thedefensive Mijares against the puncher like Montiel. Hearns fight was pretty boring but if it's true that a Hearns/Ceasar Chavez Jr fight may be comingI'd want to see that just on the names. Rather see Pavlik fight Duddy than Tito just because of the crowd that would be at MSG for that fight. I thinkPavlik would win both fights. I read today his plans are to unify the division and with Arthur being a real paper champ and Sturm being just a horrid fighterI think he'd be able to accomplish it. I agree with Stringer that Pavlik wouldn't be able to step up and beat the names at that weight right now maybein the future. They were talking about Kessler wanting the loser of this fight I think he'd handle Taylor easily.

Calzaghe has been talking about leaving 168 for so long, i seriously doubt he comes back down after building himself into a 175 pound fighter. I just don'tsee it.

Contrary to recent reports, sources close to the situation have just confirmed that three-time world champion Sugar Shane Mosley will indeed be facing former unidsputed welterweight champion zab Judah on May 17th at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. The bout will take place on HBO pay-per-view.

Off the strength of Zab's last showing against Cotto....

I'll be tempted to order this joint....

Still wish it was on HBO though....

I wanna see a focused Zab....
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Should be fireworks in this fight...

I wonder why Quintana - Mosley fell through?

smh.gif

I would've preferred it.

For those who aren't aware, Bernard Hopkins was on ESPNEWS doing an interview.

You can check it out on ESPN.com's boxing section.

I heard on Univision (channel 41) that Tito Trinidad has officially retired again.

And I see Mosley winning vs Judah.

Photos From Today's Hopkins vs. Calzaghe Press Conference in NY!

PhilBoxing.com
Wed, 20 Feb 2008

hopkins-calzaghe.01.080219.300w.jpg

Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe meet face to face today, February 19, 2008 at the Planet Hollywood Restaurant in Times Square New York City. Hopkins andCalzaghe will meet in the Planet Hollywood Ring in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 19, 2008 for The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight World Championship in a bouttelevised live on HBO.

hopkins-calzaghe.02.080219.300w.jpg

Bernard Hopkins and Joe Calzaghe face the media today, February 19, 2008 at the Planet Hollywood Restaurant in Times Square New York City. Hopkins and Calzaghewill meet in the Planet Hollywood Ring in Las Vegas, Nevada on April 19, 2008 for The Ring Magazine Light Heavyweight World Championship in a bout televisedlive on HBO.

Photo Credit: Hogan Photos / Golden Boy.

who ever mosley was going to fight it was going to be PPV. HBO said it had no open TV spots for the dates they wanted the fight to be on.

Hopefully Zab can perform at the same level he did against Cotto. I've always been a fan of Super Judah, I just wonder sometimes what could've been...

This fight really should be on HBO but with Hopkins/Calzaghe & De La Hoya/Forbes, it really isn't in their budget. I'm still gonna orderregardless.

Man, I still haven't caught Taylor/Pavlik. I spent the weekend at my sister's in CT, and all the links I found online are DEADLY slow. Probably gottawait till this weekend. So...what are ya'll thoughts on the heavyweight unification? FINALLY!

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

jermain vs calzaghe at 168 anyone?
Calzaghe wins easily. Jermaine has a stamina problem and can't break the habit of keepin that left down although he did improve.

yea for someone who relies on decsions so much rounds 8-12 seem to show the most room for improvement.

ive come to a conclusion that the only way he beats that ohio hilbilly is blowing all his energy and dropping kelly in 5. ala 3rd round knockout in fight 1

its pretty much a prefect fight for him. He gets a big name and will make some $$$ for the fight and a easy win IMO. then go fight allen green because thatwould be a god damn war
eek.gif

Back
Top Bottom