2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

I've been waiting for this fight for a minute. I was gonna go but I didn't feel like digging through craigslist for seats. Hopefully its a good fightat least, I'll be surprised if Klitschko loses.

I'm watching it right now, very cool special.

Very interesting to here Bill Cosby's commentary

EDIT -

eek.gif

I can't believe no one put me on blast for using "here" instead of "hear".

Any other thread, it would've been 3 pages of
indifferent.gif
; you'reall my boys

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Damn this was so sad how they treated Joe Louis he did so much for the United States and they turned their back on Joe. People used to listen to boxing matcheson radio and tuned in by thousands Yankee Stadium filled up to 95,000 people.
eek.gif
Nowadays that many fans will never attend in those numbers. Joe Louis deserved better.

The funny part was when the guy who bought a 75.00 ticket to watch the fight and he didn't even get to his seat before the bell rang and Joe Louis hadalready won he was mad that he should've listened to the fight on the radio.
laugh.gif

Mohammed Ali looked like an arrogant prick compared to the great Joe Louis.

Joe Louis
pimp.gif

Edit* I got Wladimir Klitschko winning by 6 round KO. I have never followed up on heavyweight boxing besides W. Klitschko so I know nothing about Sultan I.

Did the spirit of John Ruiz take over both men's bodies? ZZzzzZzzzzZZZZZZ....

EDIT: Wow...John Duddy is gonna get murdered in June.

laugh.gif
Duddy
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I knew this fight was goin the wrong way when Vlad was knocking the jab down harder than he is actually punching
smh.gif

the worst Title Fight Ive ever seen in My Life

indifferent.gif

and why da %@@+ is Sergei's corner man NOT SAYING A ++#%@% WORD!

*@%% was terrible. From the get go when I saw Vlad just knock down Sultans jabs I knew we were in for a bad one. Sultan reached his face all of 10 times.

I kinda wish someone would come and break Vlads face but if he loses it will set back the heavyweight divsion another 5 years at least.

Klitschkos style is similar to Lennox, but he aint not lennox lewis.

That fight was mad wack Klitschko could've won by KO but he was being to cautious even Emmanuel Stewart said this fight should've not even went thedistance.

I have never gotten hyped up over a heavyweight match. Both guys are so slow it made me think of John Ruiz fights.
sick.gif

usually i found some of the comments about fights in here to be overly harsh, but not this time. That #%@# sucked. At leas there wasn't a ton of holding,but still, that was fairly boring. Damn Wlad being so damn huge, almost makes me with there was another weight class at about 215-220 pounds, so guys likeibragimov, Alexander Povetkin, Chris Byrd, Ruslan Chagaev, Eddie Chambers, Calvin Brock, and guys of that ilk could fight dudes their own size. Let the hugeguys like Shannon Briggs, Wlad, Valuev, and all the other giants fight guys their own size. These giant heavyweights outweighing their opponents by a minimumof 20 pounds every fight and most of the time around 30 or 40 is getting rediculuous.

PS, and Yuriorkis Gamboa is still a monster.

Looks the Pavlik-Duddy fight might not happen. Part of me wants to see it because it would probably entertaining while it last. On the other hand I'd liketo see a legitimate challenger face Pavlik.
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Kelly Pavlik vs. John Duddy is in Jeopardy [table][tr][td] Recommend this page[/td] [td][img]http://www.boxingscene.com/onfire/iconMiniPrint.gif[/img] Printable version[/td] [td]
iconMiniShare.gif
Search BoxingScene Database[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
By Mark Vester

According to promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank, a potential battle between WBC/WBO middleweight champion Kelly Pavlik (33-0, 29KOs) and "Irish" John Duddy (24-0, 17KOs) is possibly on the verge of being scrapped.

On the undercard to Wladimir Klitschko-Sultan Ibragimov at New York's Madison Square Garden, Duddy struggled to win a ten-round majority decision over unheralded opponent Walid Smichet (17-4-3, 13KOs). The scores were 95-95, 98-92 and 98-92.

Duddy took a lot of damage in the fight, including a very serious cut above his left eye, which may take a while to fully heal. Duddy was the frontrunner to fight Pavlik on June 7, also scheduled at New York's Madison Square Garden.

Arum, who flew down to New York to view Duddy's fight and was scheduled to officially announce Pavlik-Duddy at the Klitschko-Ibragimov post-fight press conference, feels the cuts sustained by Duddy may cancel the fight out until a later date. If Duddy is officially ruled out, the hunt will begin for a new opponent.

"It's silly to force the fight," Arum told the AP. "You don't know if (Duddy) is going to fight or not fight. … But Kelly's going to fight three times this year so we'll do it down the road."
[/td] [/tr][/table]
[table][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table]

Kelly is definitely going to fight at the garden ? I might have to go see that defending who he fights.

Duddy isn't good IMO. I would rather Pavlik fight Winky Wright. Winky deserves the big money fights but there are none so a Winky/Pavlik fight would bewhat i'd like to see, but the fans don't want Winky they think he is boring i think he has great defense that could beat Pavlik by jabbing all night.

Back
Top Bottom