2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Originally Posted by MayweatherMiami

zab has 100,000 to blow lol

I thought child support was bust'in his @%! , whit all them extra kids he has . He might wanna kep quiet or he will be hemmed up in court again
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by rock4light

Stringerbell32:

If Oscar loses against Forbes cus of your sig
mad.gif
mad.gif
I'm going to murk you homie
grin.gif
nerd.gif

Um, Stringer is talking about Jorge Linares, the dude in his avatar, not that bum @+@ De La Pollo. Now if Linares pulls a Katsidis and gets chin-checkedin his next fight, IM going to murk Stringer.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TheProfessorOfPugilism

Originally Posted by rock4light

Stringerbell32:

If Oscar loses against Forbes cus of your sig
mad.gif
mad.gif
I'm going to murk you homie
grin.gif
nerd.gif

Um, Stringer is talking about Jorge Linares, the dude in his avatar, not that bum @+@ De La Pollo. Now if Linares pulls a Katsidis and gets chin-checked in his next fight, IM going to murk Stringer.
laugh.gif

What in the hell....?

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

There is no Stringer Signature curse alright

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Keep laughing String, just know its your @$% if Linares goes down.
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
I'm sorry this is a tad too rediculous even for me to keep up.

If he does lose, I'm deading the avy and sig

embarassed.gif

I think Linares will be Ok. Dib is VERY protected and hasn't had a KO in a minute. It would be a MASSIVE upset if Linares lost. I hope if Linares wins thatwe get a unification match with any combination of him, Luevano, or Guerrero. Any fight with those 3 would be a fun one to watch.

There is no Stringer Signature curse alright
laugh.gif

[h1][/h1]
[h1]n the aftermath of Pacquiao-Marquez II[/h1]

By Thomas Hauser
Special to ESPN.com
(Archive)

Updated: March 28, 2008

box_a_marquez_pacquiao_580.jpg

AP Photo/Eric Jamison

What was going on when referee Kenny Bayless' back was turned?
The rematch between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez was a great fight, but several questions linger in its aftermath. Marquez suffered two cuts during the fight. The first, a small cut beside his right eyebrow, was insignificant. The second, a horrible gaping wound on his right eyelid, was sustained in Round 9 and was so deep that it filleted open. Thereafter, Marquez's trainer, Nacho Beristain, could be seen on television packing what appeared to be a long yellow string soaked in an undetermined liquid solution into the wound, covering the cut with Vaseline, and sending Marquez out for the next round with the string still inside the wound. This appeared to happen after both Rounds 9 and 11. The HBO telecast was inconclusive regarding what happened after Round 10. In Nevada, it's illegal to apply any medication -- except coagulants Avetine, thrombin and epinephrine -- to a cut during a fight. It's also illegal to place a foreign object inside a cut and leave it there during a round. But the ring physician assigned to Marquez's corner appeared not to notice -- or maybe he noticed and just didn't care. Nevada is skating on thin ice when it comes to fighter safety. Last year, a fighter (who prefers not to be publicly named) was licensed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission despite the fact that an ophthalmologic examination report submitted to the commission showed a vision-impairing cataract in one eye. The same report was submitted to the California State Athletic Commission, which refused to license the fighter. The NSAC has to be more vigilant with regard to fighter safety than it is now. The second question surrounding Pacquiao-Marquez II concerns the issue of how carefully Marquez's promoter, Golden Boy, vetted Tom Miller (the Ohio judge whose 114-113 scorecard gave Pacquiao a split decision victory). Miller was a last-minute replacement for %%%% Flaherty, who was removed prior to the fight because of a conflict of interest. Miller is a competent judge, and his scoring was well within the realm of reason. But there's an interesting entry on his résumé. Pacquiao is one of three elite fighters whom Top Rank has under contract. Kelly Pavlik is also on that short list. Pavlik has fought four fights in his home state of Ohio. Miller was a judge in three of them. Pavlik might fight in Ohio again later this year. One assumes that Miller would like to be one of judges assigned to that bout. Pacquiao-Marquez could have gone either way. Maybe there's a connection between the dots; maybe not. [h2]And while on the subject of Pacquiao-Marquez …[/h2]WBC president Jose Sulaiman reportedly was very upset by the fact that the Nevada State Athletic Commission replaced Flaherty, a WBC judge, with Miller, a WBO judge, in what was a WBC title fight. Whether or not that was the reason, neither Sulaiman nor his son, WBC executive secretary Mauricio Sulaiman, attended the fight. And there's a school of thought that it was suggested to other WBC officials that they also not attend. WBA supervisor Juan Sanchez was the only WBC official to work the main event with Sulaiman's blessing. But keep in mind that a lot of people wanted to see Pacquiao-Marquez. Could this have been the first time ever that WBC personnel requested seats off-camera for a major fight? Thomas Hauser is the lead writer for Secondsout.com. His most recent collection of boxing columns -- "The Greatest Sport of All" -- has been published by the University of Arkansas Press. He can be reached by e-mail at [email protected].

Anyone watchin FNF??

Floyd is gonna be interviewed in studio.

Looks like another young up and coming fighter is having trouble on FNF.

He was on Jim Rome's show talking crazy about Cotto. Saying Hatton had a whole country behind him and actually had a following so he took thefight so he can put up numbers. Said Cotto does not have any kind of fan following....

NEW YORK -- After his second straight win over Jermain Taylor, Kelly Pavlik promises he will be keeping his middleweight title by beating top contenders.

"My world title reign is going to be no different than my world title climb. I'm going to keep fighting the best men out there," Pavlik said Thursday of his June 7 defense of his WBC and WBO crowns against Gary Lockett of Wales. The unbeaten Pavlik will meet Lockett at Atlantic City's Boardwalk Hall.

"My last two victories over Jermain Taylor proved that I wasn't just the world middleweight champion but the best man in the game, pound for pound. I promised the fans I would be an active champion and that I wouldn't duck anyone, and I intend to live up to that pledge," he said. "It wasn't that long ago that I was the No. 1 contender. I know the hunger Lockett has for my title. It's back to the 'factory' for me for heavy training. I will be 150 percent for this fight."

Pavlik knocked out Taylor to win the championship belts and then outpointed him in their non-title rematch last month.

Pavlik, of Youngstown, Ohio, is 33-0 with 29 knockouts.

Lockett is 30-1 with 21 KOs. He's riding a six-year, 14-bout unbeaten streak.

"This fight has got all the ingredients for a good old-fashioned punch-up," Lockett said. "I know I'm going to be a massive underdog because, worldwide, I'm very, very unknown. But I'm a lot tougher than people think. I've got a good chin and I can pack a wallop myself."

The undercard will feature WBO junior featherweight champion Daniel Ponce De Leon defending his title against undefeated No. 1 contender and mandatory challenger Juan Manuel Lopez.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

Originally Posted by Proshares

He was on Jim Rome's show talking crazy about Cotto. Saying Hatton had a whole country behind him and actually had a following so he took the fight so he can put up numbers. Said Cotto does not have any kind of fan following....

I wouldn't want to fight Cotto either.
pimp.gif

After his second straight win over Jermain Taylor, Kelly Pavlik promises he will be keeping his middleweight title by beating top contenders.
Problem is...there's nobody at Middleweight. The so called "future" got beat by a Contender last week.

I say Kelly moves up in weight by early-mid 08...

For real, other than Arthur Abraham there is nothing at Middleweight, and nothing on the horizon really either as far as prospects go. Pavlik will definitelygo up to 168 soon, which will be great since that division is loaded with potentially great fights.

[table][tr][th=""]
Sunday at Orlando, Fla.​
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]

Floyd "Money" Mayweather KO The Big Show
WrestleMania XXIV exhibition​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Rafael's remark: For those who were worried that Mayweather was jeopardizing his boxing career by tangling with such a huge opponent, fear not. He took out Big Show in grand pro wrestling style, making quality use of a foreign object. In this case, Mayweather laid Show out by using brass knuckles and clocking him with a right hand to the jaw nearly 12 minutes into their World Wrestling Entertainment "no holds barred" match. It was the culmination of a six-week-long feud and copious amounts of hype in the buildup to a WrestleMania XXIV match advertised as the best fighter in the world (the 5-foot-8, 159-pound Mayweather) against the biggest (the 7-foot, 441-pound Big Show). And you know what? It lived up to its billing. It was a thoroughly entertaining bout on a card that drew a Citrus Bowl-record crowd of 74,635, generated a WWE live gate record of $5.85 million and figures to break the wrestling PPV record set by last year's WrestleMania event with more than 1.2 million buys. Mayweather, who wore mixed martial arts gloves, entered the ring backed by adviser Leonard Ellerbe (looking awfully sharp in his white suit) and a five-man security detail. When the match started, Mayweather employed his speed by avoiding Show before unloading an ineffective volley of body blows and a right to the jaw. He also comically hung from Show's back while trying to put him in a sleeper hold, but it didn't work very well. That's when Show took over. Although Mayweather got in a few shots, including a couple of kicks to the chest, Big Show manhandled him for most of the match, picking him up by the neck, throwing him down, stomping on his left hand, smacking him in the chest to send him to the canvas again, standing on his back, standing on his front, delivering a pulverizing side slam, a head butt and the dreaded elbow drop. How did Mayweather possibly survive this onslaught without being killed? Amazingly, he did. Fortunately, Mayweather's posse dragged him out of the ring to safety and began marching him backstage. But Big Show charged after them, smashed the entire security detail and literally dragged Mayweather back into the ring. Just when Show was about to lay one of his trademark chokeslams on Mayweather, one of his handlers interrupted the match and paid for it by getting knocked out by Show. But the interruption gave Mayweather just enough time to grab a metal folding chair, which just happened to find its way into the ring. He attacked Show, hitting him five times with the chair in the back and head. Shockingly, there was no blood. Mayweather then ran over to his downed security guard, pulled off the MMA glove, ripped a necklace that had a pair of brass knuckles dangling from it off his guard's neck, placed them on his right hand and brutally unleashed a shot on Big Show, who never saw it coming. He couldn't beat the count and Mayweather exited the ring with the upset of upsets. Remember -- the brass knuckles were legal because this was no holds barred, baby! Oscar De La Hoya awaits Mayweather for a September rematch. That one won't be scripted (we hope) but if it's as entertaining as WrestleMania, we're all in for a treat.[/td] [/tr][/table]
laugh.gif

^^^^For real, a GREAT start to 08 for boxing.

As for placing bets on this fight, i haven't yet. Neither guy is getting good enough odds for me to feel confident one way or the other. As i said earlier, though, depending on the odds for "Marquez by KO", i might drop a couple bucks on that. I have a feeling that whatever vegas sets the odds at will make it at least a good value bet.

Some wagers that i'm looking at for the next couple weeks are:
Katsidis -210 Cassamayor
Cotto-Gomez OVER 9.5 rounds +130
Cintron +250 Margarito
Woods +115 Tarver

Well that first wager didn't turn out too well.
laugh.gif

I need to hit 2 out of the next 3 to come out slightly ahead, just the Cintron bet to break even, or all 3 to double up. I guess we'll see in a weekand a half.

Back
Top Bottom