2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Producto, I'm glad someone else is noticing this "selling" of de la hoya

He aint landing nothing effective.

laugh.gif
calling this a damn near shut out ... Psssht %@!* outta here

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I guess the ref is the one puttin then lumps n welps on de la hoya, since hbo aint even acknowledging anything positive stevie is doing

Yall N's are once again tripping. Oscar performed like a 6-time champion that he is. Now that he's back with Floyd Sr. it's game over with Jr.

The announcers keep saying how this fight generated more interest for his fight with PBF. I would say it generated LESS interest. After watching him againstForbes, I don't believe that DLH has ANY chance against PBF. PBF will dominate him, and I think will knock him out.

Originally Posted by rock4light

Yall N's are once again tripping. Oscar performed like a 6-time champion that he is. Now that he's back with Floyd Sr. it's game over with Jr.

indifferent.gif

From the way the commentators were talkin it seemed like oscar didnt even get hit once lol. If stevie touched him up this much imagine how much moneymayweather will.

Even worse, De La Hoya was open for straight rights (mayweather's best punch) and counter punches many times during the fight...mayweather is gonna win 12rds...

just like in the first fight, only hope/thing de la hoya has going for him is that the fight is at 154 (and he always has the judges in his pocket)...if iremember correctly, didn't mayweather weigh in at 147 during the first fight?

laugh.gif
I hope that was sarcasm.

Oscar will get outpointed again against Money. this time it will even be easier for Money.

YO.. believe it or not, I think DLH got what he wanted out this fight. A glorified sparring match... if he wanted an easy knock out, he coulda fought a tomatocan who has a glass jaw... instead he picked an opponent who has never been knocked out.. so it is what it is.. it was a boring fight.. the next fight againstFloyd will be just as boring as the first. with the same result.... but im gonna watch it anyway

I didn't think PBF was concerned with KO's, but after knocking out Hatton, I think he really may be gunning for a KO against DLH. And unless DLH goesto a Winky Wright or Bernard Hopkins defensive style, I don't see why PBF can't knock him out.

It was exactly what I expected.

It was, what it was

Oscar is 35 and has one maybe two fights left in him

thats the truth, and you all need the truth

You guys are talking about HBO favoritism?!?!???

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

You seen them banners above the ring??

You see the name of the promotion company???

I wonder why they're talking up Oscar

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm actually kinda glad my DVR went psycho and didn't record this fight. I have a feeling i woulda been mad i wasted my time.

And Amishpimp, from what they are saying, the rematch will either be at 147 or 150, so Oscar may not even have that advantage next time.

String, I hear you but that was just a horrible job done by the HBO commentators.

I thought the job they did in the Hatton/Collazo fight was bad but this was worse.

I honestly think Oscar should hang em up right now.
He took too many hard shots from someone who aint even in his class.
I dont even wanna see him fight Floyd or Cotto.
tired.gif

So....I was out partying last night...

Did I miss anything??? Seems like from the reply's I didn't miss much
smh.gif
smh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

OOoo that was the chick from pussycat dolls
pimp.gif

Bigmike prolly in the front row wrapped in a mexican flag
smh.gif
She was hot FIRE
eek.gif
pimp.gif

stop hating boy
laugh.gif

DLH LOOKED good last night if that was Floyd or Cotto DLH would have KO them he was holding his power back. DLH IS BACK
pimp.gif

From watching the fight i thought Oscar didn't really impress like Jim Lampley and Emmanuel Stewart were calling the fight. Oscar was throwing lots ofcombinations but they did little or no harm to Forbes who has never been knocked down he was defensive like Floyd Mayweather but not the same skill level.Oscar was hit way too much and Floyd Mayweather will land more punches than Forbes did I will not be screwed into buying the rematch PPV it will be a waste ofmoney with little action and Floyd winning again.

Larry Merchant kept it honest he saw Oscar as somewhat weak he should've had a much better fight against Forbes who is not that great of a boxer and comeSeptember when Oscar fights Floyd again the same result will happen only Mayweather will win a clean Unanimous Decision maybe 118-112 on all 3 judgesscorecards.

Oscar should not take the Cotto fight he will be broken down and will add another loss to his record Mosley is a better boxer than Oscar and Mosley had acloser fight with Cotto and Oscar will not win the fight vs Cotto maybe Oscar's last fight should be one more time vs Shane Mosley and then hang up thegloves.

just got back from Carson a few hours ago. It was an experience to say the least. Sooooooo many fly chicks in the stadium. Ill try n upload a few photos later(i'm not the photo guy on trips) but ill see what i can find. Zab stayed at the DoubleTree where we were staying. Real chill dude. Saw tons of celebs. Werein Hollywood all day prior to the fight and didn;t see one damn celeb. Show up to the fight, tons of em.

about the fight

Is oscar $#@!!%% serious? 12 rounds with forbes? Im not saying forbes sucks, or hes old, n washed up, but the way oscar is talking, the way everyone is talkingabout him, and him getting a rematch with PBF, to go 12 rounds with steve forbes is far beyond me. his face was beat. FORBES HAS NO POWER. If oscar stays openlike that for PBF, we may never hear from oscar again, no joke. i could care less for oscar but i sure as hell didnt want forbes to get the upset and throw outthe PBF rematch for oscar. it was soo frusturating see oscar fight that fight the way he did. too patient. too open. too slow. hesitant. just not what i, manypeople expected from him. he said hes taking 2 weeks off and then hitting the gym...hes nuts, he better hit the gym now, a break is the last thing he needsbefore he fights pbf. after the PBF fight, he can take the longest break ever and never fight again.

other then that, a decent fight. Undercards were solid. I heard about 5 different undercards for the venue. first i heard Linares was ganna fight, neverhappened, then i read Barthalemy (sp) was ganna fight, didnt happen, Ortiz put up a good fight same with D. Garcia.

Next is Judah v. Mosley, AND I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL COTTO V. MARGARITO!!!!!!! COTTO *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and a Tito v. Oscar match is that they shoulda did a long time ago. None of that Roy Jones bull. TITO FTW!!!

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

I don't know about you all, but I'd be interested in a DLH vs Trinidad rematch

when DLH loses to Money in September, the Trinidad fight is the only option he has left for a farewell fight. both these guys only have each other left tofight, and it will be a great way for both these guys to hang up the gloves for good.

It was what i expected , you cant tell me you actually expected fair commentating this is HBO and Oscar they love each other . But Oscar looked good seemed tobe more relaxed but this was 2 pounds punching him back not a full sized welter , so you can take that however . Oscar got exactly what he wanted in Forbes asmaller skilled yet light punching guy that would give him rds and different looks .

Back
Top Bottom