2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

I didn't think he looked that bad. I still don't give a chance against PBF but at the same time itdoesn't look like he's diminished since the first fight.

i guess he didn't look that bad. But to put into consideration he was fighting a guy who's a natural 135 lber and only around 5'7 in height, andall the talk of him saying he'd KO Forbes, i guess that made him look bad. Maybe we should just say instead that Forbes looked pretty good despite theloss. scores were pure BS anyway

I guess I'm in the minority, I thought oscar looked pretty bad.
And no way in hell that was a shut out
eek.gif
120 - 108
eek.gif

smh.gif

Forbes landed too many power shots

Well at least gamboa fights on BAD.
And I'm really lookin forward to zab/shane...

Originally Posted by mextra45

It was what i expected , you cant tell me you actually expected fair commentating this is HBO and Oscar they love each other . But Oscar looked good seemed to be more relaxed but this was 2 pounds punching him back not a full sized welter , so you can take that however . Oscar got exactly what he wanted in Forbes a smaller skilled yet light punching guy that would give him rds and different looks .

I think Oscar has figured out that the best way to keep people interested is to make it look like you're doing something.
Just be active

He did the same thing in his first fight with Floyd

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

I guess I'm in the minority, I thought oscar looked pretty bad.
And no way in hell that was a shut out
eek.gif
120 - 108
eek.gif

smh.gif

Forbes landed too many power shots

Well at least gamboa fights on BAD.
And I'm really lookin forward to zab/shane...

Oh man, i can't wait. Gamboa is going to be an absolute monster. P4P top 5 within a few years.

Oscar didn't look too good he's going to get picked apart again later in the year.

I don't think anyone caught this but there was a moment in the fight where a dude in a white hat in the crowd got up, did the robot and sat back down I wasdying.

And I love Hopkins no matter what. Dude was everywhere. The way he was staring at Larry Merchant in the post fight interview was priceless.

Stringer he fought the first half of the Floyd fight like that , he stopped jabbing in the second half . He fought all the way through against Stevie .I wonderwho is up next in his tune up tour . and I agree with you guys on Gamboa he is nice .

i still shed a tear reading anything or watching vids about Chico
frown.gif
Aside from being such a warrior in the ring, he had this puppy dog look on his face and spoke with such a soft voice that just made you want to cheer for him
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Oh, for you Manny Pacquiao haters...� this should make you happy
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Where's Manny?
[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]By Steve Kim[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular](May 7, 2008)Photo [emoji]169[/emoji] German Villasenor
[/font] [font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]
blk_square.gif
Send this page to friend
blk_square.gif
Give us yourfeedback
[/font] http://www.maxboxing.com/Gerbasi/Gerbasi010104.asp
[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]It's now officially less than eight weeks before Manny Pacquiao faces WBC lightweightchampion David Diaz on June 28th at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas. But he's nowhere to be found inside Freddie Roach's Wild Card Boxing Club inHollywood, California.

So just where is the 'Pac Man'?

"Pacquiao is running and playing basketball right now and he will be here on Sunday," said his trainer, as he fidgeted with a speed bag from behindthe front desk of his gym. "We talked about (being here) eight weeks before the fight but it turned out to be seven."

Welcome to the world of Manny Pacquiao, where plans can be changed on the fly and itineraries should be written down in chalk. Seriously, did everybodyinvolved really expect him to come to two consecutive training camps on time?

"It's OK, I would like to get him here eight weeks before but he better be ready from the first day because we're going to go right into it,"Roach would say. For his March rematch versus Juan Manuel Marquez, Pacquiao would actually arrive early, perhaps sensing the challenge that was in front ofhim. Maybe now he's suffering a mental letdown in facing Diaz, who is regarded as a limited foe.

"He has too many people in his ear telling him it's an easy fight, which I don't believe it is," said Roach, who believes the native ofChicago brings a whole new set of problems for his boxer. "Obviously, style-wise, it's a better fight for Manny's style because we're facing apuncher. Marquez is clearly a great counterpuncher, and with Manny's aggressiveness, the best way to beat Manny, if he can, is to counterpunch him. Noteverybody can do that though."

As the first weekend of May approached, both Roach and promoter Bob Arum started to get a bit antsy over his arrival to the States. They would openly admit tothe Filipino media that they were not pleased by his delayed departure from the Philippines.

"Well, I would rather have him be in camp, but what can you do?" Arum would ask rhetorically on Tuesday afternoon. "He's been working outlightly but he'll have plenty of time. He'll be arriving in Los Angeles this weekend."

Top Rank had hoped to have staged a press conference for the Pacquiao-Diaz fight this past weekend in Los Angeles while a large throng of boxing press were intown for the Oscar De La Hoya-Steve Forbes fight.

"I was hoping he'd come in on May 1st, but once he told me he wasn't coming in until May 10th, we scratched the press conference to the13th," said Arum.

The veteran promoter had pleaded with the often flighty Pacquiao to come and train in Hollywood with Roach, to not just focus in on his fights, but to give himan opportunity to fully promote him - something he feels he was not able to do last year as he spent a good deal of time training in his homeland. Arum stillbelieves that they have plenty of time to push this event.

"We're not going to lose anything. I mean, for example, in addition to the press conference in L.A., we're flying him on his day off to Chicago todo a workout and press conference, and the same thing on his day off in San Francisco. We also have him doing a media day in San Diego, then doing this publicworkout in the Filipino area of Los Angeles."

To say that Pacquiao is stretched in a million different directions in his country would be a vast understatement. You google some of the news resultsregarding him and you find out that he was involved in the release of turtle hatchlings in the celebration of Ocean Month and would then meet with PresidentArroyo and the Philippine Tuna Council and he was also featured on a postage stamp.

And this is a relatively slow period for him.

"One of the things that delayed his departure is he's finishing up his classes, he's going for a degree at some university in General Santos andhe finishes the classes this week," Arum pointed out.

But is Pacquiao just showing up when he wants to?

"If he showed up whenever he wanted to, he'd be in China right now," Roach would say. "So I did tell him, 'Manny, you told me you weregoing to dedicate this year to boxing, 100-percent. I want you to live up to that.' So that's why he said, 'I'll be here next week. I'm notgoing to China.' They want him to go light the Olympic Torch in China because he's so big in Asia, but he's going to come here instead."

Arum insists that this is a more disciplined version of Pacquiao than before.

"One thing I know, that of all the reports, that he's staying close to home, he's working out, he goes to class. There's no more late nightdrinking, playing pool, gambling, none of that stuff. He cut that out completely. That's a pretty good thing," stated Arum.

tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
tired.gif
patay ka manny
[/font]

RIP in memory of Diego "Chico" Corrales guy was a real warrior for his fight vs Castillo.

I don't know anything about David Diaz is he any good?

I think it will be an easy fight for Pacquiao but i've never seen Diaz.

Campbell fight vs Pacquiao or Pacquiao vs Casamayor would've been better but you know Manny's team they want to be known as the Mexican Killer.

CoughJuanDiazCough.

::Runs from Gunna::

Heads up...if by some chance there's one of ya'll who hasn't seen it...

Corrales/Castillo 1 @ 11 on ESPN Classic.

Rest In Peace, Chico.

Originally Posted by MFr3shM

Campbell fight vs Pacquiao or Pacquiao vs Casamayor would've been better but you know Manny's team they want to be known as the Mexican Killer.

not to mention the fighting styles. Pacquiao's camp knows he'll have trouble with Casa who's not so aggresive plus a southpaw, or a strongpuncher like Campbell. Diaz brawling style would fit Pac's aggressive style.

Pacquiao would lose to Campbell or Casamayor because Pacquiao would fight the same fight that Katsidis did vs Casamayor and most likely Casamayor would scoresome knockdowns with the aggressive style of Pacquiao.

Chico
frown.gif

Always a favorite...

Both him and JLC basically ended each other's careers during that fight.

EDIT: Damn, Corrales/Casamayor now. ESPN steppin' it up tonight.

BTW, don't mean to get off-topic kinda... but I just love JLC stance. Him and Erik Morales got the nicest looking and most balanced stance IMO

Back
Top Bottom