2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Chico
frown.gif

Always a favorite...

Both him and JLC basically ended each other's careers during that fight.

EDIT: Damn, Corrales/Casamayor now. ESPN steppin' it up tonight.

Yep. Watching that junt right now...

Rest In Power Chico
pimp.gif
tired.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
*#$$ is sad.

I remember that night to i have no idea why i tuned into the fight and was
eek.gif
the whole damn fight.

RIP chico

"Weeks steps in, and the fight is over!" God, that gets me goosebumps everytime i hear that, not to mention how loud the fans were
pimp.gif

Remember that fight like it was yesterday. When JLC hit him with that left hook I thought it was over, dude had heart it's sad what happened. Anyupdates on what's going on with his wife and 5 kids? I know she was pregnant when he died and there was some controversey over money or something Idon't remember exactly.
Pacquiao would lose to Campbell or Casamayor because Pacquiao would fight the same fight that Katsidis did vs Casamayor and most likely Casamayor would score some knockdowns with the aggressive style of Pacquiao.

I don't know about that. I think Manny is a better boxer and thinks in the ring a lot better than Katsidis. Three or four years ago that would have beentrue but he's not that stupid in the ring anymore. But then again I could be completely wrong. Manny and Diaz would be a great fight but I hope they putKatsidis and Diaz together first.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td] Zab Judah Injures Right Arm, Mosley Bout Off [table][tr][td] Recommend this page[/td] [td][img]http://www.boxingscene.com/onfire/iconMiniPrint.gif[/img] Printable version[/td] [td]
iconMiniShare.gif
Search BoxingScene Database[/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
By Rick Reeno

As reported earlier, the welterweight bout between Shane Mosley and Zab Judah, scheduled for May 31 in Las Vegas and carried on HBO pay-per-view, was in jeopardy due to an unknown injury suffered by Judah.

Since our news brief was posted, MaxBoxing/BoxingScene.com has learned that Judah suffered a right arm injury, that required stiches, as a result of a slip and fall. While we initially reported that the injury was suffered during training camp, one source told BoxingScene that the injury took place while Judah was in the shower.
[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by Proshares

At least now I don't have to waste the money on it.
You really think the fight would be a waste of money? I think its a pretty interesting matchup that most likely would have been a brawl.

I'm not too disappointed. I was intrigued by the matchup, but that undercard was looking terrible, and i didn't want to spend the 50 bucks on it.Hopefully they reschedule it where HBO has an open date so it doesn't have to be PPV.

Proshares wrote:
At least now I don't have to waste the money on it.
You really think the fight would be a waste of money? I think its a pretty interesting matchup that most likely would have been a brawl.

Not saying that it wouldn't have been an interesting match up but I don't think it should have been on PPV. We just had all of thesechampionship fights on regular HBO/Showtime I was a little surprised this one got to PPV without the definite undercard fights.

Don't get me wrong I thought it would have been an excellent fight to watch and still think it'll happen eventually but I didn't wanna pay $50 tosee it. HBO spoiled me I guess.

I wasn't exactly counting down the days to this fight. I'd definitely watch it of course but it's not PPV worthy IMO. Sort of a meaningless fightbetween 2 fighters coming off of a loss against Cotto. Then again they're big names and that sells...

Extended link: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2008/05/08/mosley-judah-bout.html

Freak Judah injury scuttles Mosley bout
Last Updated: Thursday, May 8, 2008 | 5:36 PM ET Comments0Recommend0
CBC Sports

The bout set for later this month between Shane Mosley and Zab Judah was cancelled Thursday after Judah seriously injured his arm in an accidental fall.

Judah, 30, slipped in his bathroom and cut his arm on a glass shower door trying to break his fall, according to a report in ESPN.com. He required 50stitches and will not be able to train for four weeks.

"It is very unfortunate that Zab suffered this injury and that this great event had to be cancelled," Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefersaid. "We are already in discussions with all parties involved to attempt to reschedule the fight for the near future."

The veteran welterweights were scheduled to meet in a crossroads bout in Las Vegas on May 31, with the winner in contention for a final push at the title andthe loser likely facing the end as a serious contender.

Judah (36-5, 25 knockouts) had won two fights since losing by 11th round stoppage last June in an exciting fight against unbeaten champion Miguel Cotto ofPuerto Rico.

Cotto then went on to beat Mosley (44-5, 37 KOs) by razor-thin decision last November.

I wasn't exactly counting down the days to this fight. I'd definitely watch it of course but it's not PPV worthy IMO. Sort of a meaningless fight between 2 fighters coming off of a loss against Cotto. Then again they're big names and that sells...

I wouldn't say a meaningless fight, they're still two good fighters and it's not like their losses to Cotto were that lopsided.

Supposedly his arm
sick.gif

zabarmcm9.jpg

Some seem to think he got into an altercation and the shower slip is a coverup, some think the pic is fake.

knowing how stupid bum juda can be on the streets no way in hell that is from a fall in the shower.

When Oscar De La Hoya and Floyd Mayweather meet on Sept. 20, Mayweather's welterweight championship will not be at stake. After defeating Steve Forbes last week, De La Hoya said he would face Mayweather at 150 pounds -- the same weight at which he faced Forbes -- meaning Mayweather's 147-pound title won't be up for grabs. "I'll keep it at 150. Not for the title," De La Hoya said. "It'll be for no title. I just want to be the best." De La Hoya claimed he weighed 148 pounds when he left his training camp in Puerto Rico, but he did not explain why he wouldn't drop one more pound to fight for the welterweight championship that he used to own.
damn DLH cant get the title when he beats floyd down
laugh.gif

Anschutz Entertainment Group acquired a significant ownership stake in Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy Promotions on Thursday, creating a partnership between one of the world's largest sports conglomerates and the boxing superstar's burgeoning promotions company.

AEG, which owns or operates dozens of sports and entertainment venues including Los Angeles' Staples Center and London's O2 Arena, becomes the second-largest shareholder in Golden Boy behind De La Hoya. The former Olympic champion founded the company in 2001 to guide the careers of top fighters including Sugar Shane Mosley, Ricky Hatton, Bernard Hopkins, Winky Wright and Juan Diaz.

Golden Boy will use the deal to put boxing events in many of AEG's arenas, probably starting later this year. The cash purchase also could help Golden Boy add bigger, younger names to its roster of mostly older fighters.

"To be able to bring an 8,000-pound gorilla when it comes to sports and entertainment into the world of boxing is really a vote of confidence for our sport," Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer said.

De La Hoya beat Steve Forbes last week at the Home Depot Center in Carson, Calif. -- another venue run by AEG. De La Hoya is also his company's most valuable asset, but he has vowed to retire after two more fights this year.

"This is a wonderful time for the sport of boxing, and it's only going to benefit the fighters we are looking after," De La Hoya said. "Ever since I fought at the Staples Center in 2000, it has been an incredible relationship, and those are the type of people we want to partner with, people with the integrity and honesty and [belief in] looking out for the athlete."

In addition to its arenas, AEG owns the NHL's Los Angeles Kings and the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer, along with an interest in the Los Angeles Lakers. De La Hoya recently acquired a hefty ownership stake in Major League Soccer's Houston Dynamo, another AEG-owned franchise -- and last week, Staples Center announced plans for a 7-foot-tall bronze statue of De La Hoya on its grounds next to the statues of Magic Johnson and Wayne Gretzky.

"It has been a vision of ours that boxing has not seen its better days," said Tim Leiweke, AEG's president and CEO. "We thought the future of boxing was going to be Golden Boy. They have some of the best fighters, the best vision and great integrity."

Schaefer is exploring the possibility of formally kicking off the relationship with a fight in London or Los Angeles, perhaps in a three-continent pay-per-view card starting in Shanghai. He also proposed early discussion of matching Hatton and IBF 140-pound champion Paulie Malignaggi in the AEG-managed Prudential Center in Newark, N.J., later in the year.

Golden Boy and AEG already have worked together on many promotions, including fights by Golden Boy stars Hopkins, De La Hoya, Marco Antonio Barrera and Israel Vazquez in Los Angeles. The companies wouldn't disclose the price or size of AEG's deal, but Leiweke said the amount was "not insignificant, so it was a big commitment for us."

AEG's purchase doesn't come with a guaranteed slate of Golden Boy events to be showcased in AEG-owned venues, and Golden Boy's fighters will be free to fight anywhere. Leiweke knows De La Hoya's Los Angeles fans will be hoping he brings his proposed September rematch with Floyd Mayweather Jr. to Southern California, but it's likely to be held in Las Vegas.

"That's Oscar's decision," Leiweke said. "The fact that we're going to create content in our buildings is great, but our bigger goal is to support the fighters."

De La Hoya also said he's healing fine from his unanimous decision over Forbes last Saturday, though doctors discovered a hairline fracture around his right eye. He says he'll be ready to fight Mayweather in September, if boxing's pound-for-pound king agrees to the fight

this better mean more big fights in LA. if floyd and DLH is at staples in there in the front row

Tonight's spoilers for Junior Witter vs Timothy Bradley are in if interested just highlight below the fight was held in England.

#1 rated challenger Timothy Bradley (22-0, 11 KOs) seized the WBC super lightweight championship with a split decision over defendingchampion Junior Witter (36-2-1, 21 KOs) on Saturday night at the Trent FM Arena in Nottingham, England. Witter got off to a good start, but Bradley turned thetide by dropping Witter in round six and outworking Witter over much of the remainder of the fight to prevail by scores of 115-113 and 114-113 on two cards.Witter was ahead 115-112 on the third card.

The loss was a costly one for Witter, who has been seeking a showdown with fellow British 140-pounder Ricky Hatton.

Back
Top Bottom