2008 NT Boxing Post Vol. Oscar De La Hoya vs. Manny Pacquiao 12/6/08 HBO PPV

I'm surprised Bradley won. That was an ugly fight, but Bradley got the job done. Good for him. Seems like a good kid. I wish him success in the future, andit seems like he could be in some interesting matchups with some of the other 140 pounders out there.

I watched maybe 4 rd of the Witter- Bradley fight and it was just ugly and hard to watch . IMO Zab's arm looks like one of his baby mamma's cut him uprather than falling in the shower .

I'm surprised Bradley won. That was an ugly fight, but Bradley got the job done. Good for him. Seems like a good kid. I wish him success in the future, and it seems like he could be in some interesting matchups with some of the other 140 pounders out there.
After Paulie beats Hatton, that would be a decent fight to see.

I pray to God that is the last time I have to watch Junior Witter on TV. He is like a Bernard Hopkins in training. As much as I am fan of the Executioner hisone and done punching style just doesnt make for good fights. Witter blows and thank god his reign of terror is over.

Bradley ain't going to be holding on to that belt for long.

laugh.gif
after what!?!?

laugh.gif

Hatton gonna mop the ring with paulie soft +##

Bradley ain't going to be holding on to that belt for long.
Well outside of Hatton, Paulie, Holt and Torres I don't really see much in that division and all 4 of them are fighting each other this year(or are on the path to fight).

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif

Paulie might not have the power but he throws his hands. He is going to bust up that silly puddy that Hatton is passing off as a face.

trying to compare Junior Witter to Hopkins is a terrible comparison . they are nothing alike , witter is just odd . Hopkins is way more calculating and looksto control things .

laugh.gif
after what!?!?

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Come on, he stood in there with Cotto for 12 rounds there's no way Hatton is gonna hit him as hard or as quick as Cotto.

And my insurance policy is String he'll put up Hatton in the avy and BAM Paulie will come out with the win.

i hate hatton but he going to beat the crap out of paulie

and string is in ban camp for like a month

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

String got banned?!

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Foreal, WHAT?!?!
Oh well, at least this way String can't jinx Gamboa next week. I've been hyping dude up so much, i'd look like a fool ifhe lost.

As for the 140 lb. division. I think Bradley can be at or near the top of the division for a minute. He's a good fighter, who took the fight with Witterwith NO experience against top level competition. Now he has that experience, and can take an easy defense or too to round himself into shape. Plus, they saya fighter generally gets 20% better once they win a title. With the weak division, im not counting Bradley out.

he got into it with a cavs fan(dude whose picture they post all the time) in the lebron pizza thread got a 1 month ban
roll.gif

Back-up name too? Damn, son should have kept the !+!$ talkin in here. I think Holden posting before the DLH-Forbes fight is the only time i've seen a modor admin post in here. Hell, even Gunna is safe in here.

Just to give you guys an idea of the fun were in for on Saturday with numbers
Combined record of 3 prospects: 42-0 35 KO's
Current KO streak of each figher: Gamboa 8 straight KO's, Kirkland 12 KO's in last 13 fights, Angulo 8 straight KO's
KO's inside of 3 rounds: Angulo 8 of 9 KO's, Gamboa 6 of 8 KO's, Kirkland 16 of 18 KO's

In short, i can't freakin weight for Saturday, although i think Gutierrez might be able to pull the upset on Angulo. Gamboa and Kirkland are gonna destroytheir comp.

although i think Gutierrez might be able to pull the upset on Angulo.
No way...but then again only Margarito and Paulie are higher on my suck up list than him...I saw him at the Pan American games and liked the dudefrom then...if he didn't get that cut he would have destroyed Andy Lee in the 04 Olympics...

Don't sleep on Gutierrez. He is a TOUGH dude. His only loss was to Clottey by Majority Decision. Angulo is a good figher, but he can be hit and has somekinda slow hands. Gutierrez might be able to beat him to the punch enough to take rounds and make it a close fight. But then again, Gutierrez is Colombian soi'm gonna give homie the benefit of the doubt, but he definitely has a legit shot.

mb7atf.jpg

Two-time heavyweight champion Chris Byrd (40-4-1, 21 KOs) showed off his sculptured much leaner body at an open workout today in Las Vegas. The 37-year-old lost about 40 pounds to come down from heavyweight to light heavyweight. Byrd commented that he packed on a lot of fat when he put the pounds on to make the heavyweight division and he feels better and is faster at this weight. Byrd faces Shaun George (16-2-2, 7 KOs) in a 175-pound clash on Friday at the Cox Pavilion. In an interesting side note, Byrd also headlined the first-ever boxing event in the Cox Pavilion, winning a unanimous decision over David Tua in an IBF heavyweight title elimination bout on August 18, 2001. For that bout Chris weighed 215.

Byrd looks mad different he is going to fight on friday night fights ESPN.

saturday's card is going to be absolutely awesome! I cannot wait. I wanna see Gamboa go a few rounds. We know he has power, we know hes quick, hell, Iactually wanna see the guy get hit. I just wanna see homeboy box a lil. Gamboa is a Beast.

Joan Guzman, tired of waiting for his delayed junior lightweight title defense against Alex Arthur to be rescheduled, vacated his 130-pound title and will move up to lightweight, a representative of promoter Sycuan Ringside Promotions told ESPN.com on Wednesday.
"He vacated. We sent a letter to the WBO on Tuesday to tell them what we were doing. We are done with this nonsense," Sycuan's Sean Gibbons said. The "nonsense" Gibbons referred to is Sycuan's contention that Arthur and promoter Frank Warren never intended to go through with the mandatory fight against Guzman. Guzman (28-0, 17 KOs), of the Dominican Republic, was scheduled to travel to Scotland to defend against interim titlist Arthur in a mandatory fight on April 26. However, the paperwork needed for Guzman to get his visa was delayed and the fight was postponed. At first, the fight was supposed to be rescheduled for sometime in June. Warren, who won the right to promote the match at a purse bid, has been dragging his feet on rescheduling, Gibbons said. Warren could not be reached for comment. Gibbons met with WBO president Paco Valcarcel in Los Angeles two weeks ago in an attempt to clarify a deadline for a rescheduled fight, but had no luck. "We don't think they ever had any intention of doing the fight," Gibbons said. "If we didn't have that little problem [with the visa] it would have been something else. Supposedly, Frank is still talking to [British broadcaster Setanta] and saying maybe he will get a date in July. We'll be lucky if he comes up with a new date and Joan is not going to sit for a few months. The fight with Arthur had no American TV anyway and doesn't do anything for Guzman. All the players are at 135 pounds, so Guzman relinquished the belt. "If the fight with Arthur had happened, it was like free money, but it's not worth it to wait around and get the runaround. Guzman is not getting any younger," he said. Guzman, 32, a former junior featherweight titlist, plans to move to lightweight immediately. With Guzman moving up in weight, the WBO is expected to drop the interim tag and install Arthur as its full titleholder. Gibbons said the WBO has assured Sycuan that Guzman would be installed as the No. 1 contender at 135 pounds, where Nate Campbell has three of the belts. Gibbons said that's a fight Guzman would like. "Nate doesn't seem to be able to get any action. We will be happy to give him action," Gibbons said. "Nobody wants to fight Nate and nobody wants to fight Guzman. They can fight each other." Guzman's addition to the 135-pound division adds another top-flight fighter to a deep class. "Guzman can make 130 but what's at 130? All the top guys are at 135," Gibbons said. "You have Campbell, Juan Manuel Marquez, who is going to 135, Manny Pacquiao, [Juan] Diaz, [Michael] Katsidis, Joel Casamayor -- 135 is the new 130." Guzman won his junior lightweight title by outpointing Jorge Barrios in September 2006 and made two defenses, decisions against Antonio Davis in December 2006 and Humberto Soto in November 2007. Guzman, who recently signed a contract extension with Sycuan, would have received $168,000 to fight Arthur, which was his share of Warren's $280,000 winning purse bid. Dan Rafael is ESPN.com's boxing writer

Another thing is Guzman was struggling to make weight anyway and has been fo years he's known to Blow up between fights . You wouldnt even think that wasChris Byrd he looks to be in real good shape , I wonder how much his power has improved since the weight

I remember last week on friday nite fights they showed Byrd I was like WHAT!

He said he's been sparring ith stevie cunningham.

should be an interesting situation.

he aged in ring yrs alot over the past few yrs fightin them heavyweights,
I'll tune in

Don't sleep on Gutierrez. He is a TOUGH dude. His only loss was to Clottey by Majority Decision. Angulo is a good figher, but he can be hit and has some kinda slow hands. Gutierrez might be able to beat him to the punch enough to take rounds and make it a close fight. But then again, Gutierrez is Colombian so i'm gonna give homie the benefit of the doubt, but he definitely has a legit shot.
I'm not sleeping on him but I really like Angulo I'd like to see him win.

And Soto should move up to 135 as well he's pretty underrated fought Guzman close last year.

Back
Top Bottom