2009: BUY GOLD. NOW.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

gold is at $880/oz right now and i expect it to be $2000/oz by the end of the year and $10,000/oz by 2012. so clearly i suggest you hold your coins
just stop
i have some gold in my stash but lets be reasonable. This little gold run is not anything dramatic. Hell, about a year ago gold was at 1k and that was beforewall street collapse. Your prediction suggest that gold will double up every year, that is just not going to happen unless their is hyper inflation.

if we had hyperinflation gold would go to millions of dollars, buddy. in zimbabwe right now, a loaf of bread costs trillions of dollars. why don't youanalyze the fed's balance sheet for me and attempt to explain why the sequestered TRILLIONS of printed money won't make gold double.

gold was REVALUED under a GOLD StANDARD under FDR because of his new deals. gold went up from $35/oz to $500/oz because of LBJ's Great Society + VietnamWar. same scenario here with BHO and bernanke.

buying the right gold stocks will get u a significantly better return than buying gold itself. just like buying the right oil stocks woulda got u a significantly better return than buying crude itself.

that is not true. Physical gold is way more liquid than oil. Having physical gold will always be better than having paper gold. No one will sell you physical24k gold at market price. Just look at ebay as reference. 10 gram bars go for at least 330. 1 troy ounce is roughly 31 grams.
And plus you forgot to mention taxes. You will get taxed from buying gold stocks. But by owning the actual gold, you can escape filing taxes for any"profits" you have made.

if we had hyperinflation gold would go to millions of dollars, buddy. in zimbabwe right now, a loaf of bread costs trillions of dollars. why don't you analyze the fed's balance sheet for me and attempt to explain why the sequestered TRILLIONS of printed money won't make gold double.

gold was REVALUED under a GOLD StANDARD under FDR because of his new deals. gold went up from $35/oz to $500/oz because of LBJ's Great Society + Vietnam War. same scenario here with BHO and bernanke.

There is no real way to calculate hyperinflation. Zimbabwe is just an example of hyperinflation. Hyperinflation is just a term for inflation that is out ofcontrol. The value of gold is relative to currency. If inflation doubles every year, that is pretty out of control to me.

Gold equities are more than just gold. Goldcorp for example, keeps its cash reserves in bullion and is essentially a GOLD LEVERAGED MINING EQUITY. gold pricerises help mining stocks, but their earnings can go up much quicker than gold's own ascent. paper gold is not gold equity.

capital gains tax are a non issue when you have leading gold stocks. gold went up like 25% since my last article was published. stocks like IAG and JAG havemore than tripled since then. what are you talking abuot?

oh and just wait for "windfall profits taxes" and other government maneuvers to take money from gold holders. FDR confiscated all privately held goldfrom americans and paid them $20/oz for it. then he revalued gold to $35/oz and used the gold supply as leverage for monetary supply expansion, devaluing thedollar by 40%. he literally stole 40% of the wealth held by private gold investors.

DAWG, gold was at $250/oz in 2001 and is now almost $900/oz. what do u mean inflation doubling every year is out of control? CPI and other inflation figureslike that are hedonics-manipulated. They are government lies. Gold has risen dramatically since we started inflating our way out of the dot com collapse andwill continue as we inflate our way out of the credit crisis.

The dollar has decline more than 97% against gold since FDR.

Ok, after further reading. The stocks EGO, IAG, and JAG are good you say? I pegged those because they have the lowest prices and are ones I can afford. ShouldI go all in on one stock, or diversify between the three? And if I were to hit pay dirt with these stocks it would be justifiably better than buying gold inthe bullion form? Considering the price disparity between the two, so in terms of the return on investment.

same here DKY.... its been holding around this $900 figure.

when you think its time to swoop in.. you think itll go down any lower? or $900 is a good number.

i'll be loading upppp on precious metals equities any day now.... stay posted.
how do you go about doing this? i pm'd you but you never got back to me ...

when i started this post, gold was at $830/oz. it is now at $960/oz. gold is up 16% as the dow jones is down 16%. gold has outpaced the stock market by over30% since this post was created.

ben baller, where you at?

Back
Top Bottom