[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

I kinda really want JVG, we need a defensive coach, we know how to score! If our squads main focus was D.... The City of LA's gonna have to pay for alot ofParades

and depending on how we do in these next 4-5 yrs or so unless something drastic happens Beans playin til he's 40!

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I think Kobe will play for 5-6 years
co-sign...hes gonna try to get a couple more...it would be nice to see him retire as a champion

tension in the Laker thread...ahhh i love the hollywood drama
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by TH0MAS CR0WN

I think Kobe will play for 5-6 years
Agreed. Kobe will stop playing when he physically can't play, he's not going to stop just cause he feels he's done. Basketball meansway too much to him

As long as Kobe is healthy and can play at a high level he's going to keep balling.

I seriously see him playing until he's 40.

The guy is a basketball junkie and the way he trains and practices during the regular & off season is second to nobody.

Kookcle:
What about John Calipari or Ben Howland ? when Phil leaves
YOU SHUT YOUR FACE ABOUT CALIPARI!!
laugh.gif
He is currentlyunavailable.
smokin.gif

If he ends up being successful at UK, I would just hate to see him leave that for the NBA. We (UK) have already had a coach experience success with us, andthen leave for the NBA, only for it to not work out for him in the NBA. Calipari has already tried the NBA, and he went 72-112. I don't want him lead us(UK) to success only to bail and join us (the Lakers), only for us (the Lakers) to fail under him, leaving us (UK) in shambles over a decision for greenerpastures... that weren't really greener.

Or... something like that.

Kobe's going to play another 5-6 years. I can't see 7 but dude is a monster, so if he were to read on NikeTalk that some people doubt he'll play 7more years, the man will buck up and play another decade, like 'What was that? I won't play 7?'
laugh.gif

At some point, Kobe's mileage will get him. The guy started at age 18 in the league, has played a ton of games, plus a ton of playoff games, his odometeris way too high.

5 is possible, and I suppose he could get on a mission to prove us all wrong and push for more, so we'll see. But I think 5 is a safe number.

And by the way, if he gets these 5-6-7 years, he will be joining the likes of Kareem, Wilt, Malone, and Mike in the 30,000+ points mark, as well as SEVERALother high numbers. And if we stay playoff strong all the way thru, he's going to shatter some of those marks. If he keeps going, he could put up someSTUPID numbers for Bron to come along and shatter in about 10 years or so.
laugh.gif

Yo, we havin an NBA draft set up here in a minute.......

If anybody is interested, check out the particulars in the NBA offseason thread, from about page 325 up, you'll be able to see if it sounds interesting. We need about 5-6 more owners, and maybe some assistants too if you can't get your own team. I know I'll need someone to look after things for me overthe weekends, my lazy butt still don't got a CPU at home.
laugh.gif
frown.gif

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kookcle:
laugh.gif
He is currently unavailable.
smokin.gif

If he ends up being successful at UK, I would just hate to see him leave that for the NBA. We (UK) have already had a coach experience success with us, and then leave for the NBA, only for it to not work out for him in the NBA. Calipari has already tried the NBA, and he went 72-112. I don't want him lead us (UK) to success only to bail and join us (the Lakers), only for us (the Lakers) to fail under him, leaving us (UK) in shambles over a decision for greener pastures... that weren't really greener.

sick.gif

I didnt know that I was just throwing names out there

UK can keep him

Dont do it Mitch
laugh.gif

http://CP1708.u.yuku.com

yeah Kobe will be gone and it will only seem like a minute, but at least he could leave a male offspring.

Joe Bryant ----> Kobe ----> no heir? then again Vanessa doesn't look like she would pass on any favorable athletic genes. I think Kobe'smom's brother played in the NBA too. *crosses fingers that there is an illegitimate child with Lisa Leslie*

its crazy

dude just finished his 13th season..........13th

and he averaged 27 ppg in the regular season and 30 ppg, 5 reb, 5.5 asst in the playoffs

I can see him averaging 18-20 points in his 20th season.....unheard of for a perimeter player

Kareem did pretty well at age 42.....but for a guard it's another story

I just think with his footwork and free throw shooting, scoring 20 pts is easy

I hope he learns to defer to Bynum when he get 34-36 years old. Let Bynum carry him to playoffs and keep him fresh for when the real season starts.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Kookcle:
laugh.gif
He is currently unavailable.
smokin.gif

If he ends up being successful at UK, I would just hate to see him leave that for the NBA. We (UK) have already had a coach experience success with us, and then leave for the NBA, only for it to not work out for him in the NBA. Calipari has already tried the NBA, and he went 72-112. I don't want him lead us (UK) to success only to bail and join us (the Lakers), only for us (the Lakers) to fail under him, leaving us (UK) in shambles over a decision for greener pastures... that weren't really greener.

Kobe's going to play another 5-6 years. I can't see 7 but dude is a monster, so if he were to read on NikeTalk that some people doubt he'll play 7 more years, the man will buck up and play another decade, like 'What was that? I won't play 7?'
laugh.gif

Hell No !

To entertain the idea of experimenting with a big time successful college coach making the jump to the NBA .

Rick Pitno tried it twice with the Knicks & C's, Mike Montgomery tried with the Warriors, and Tim Floyd tried it with the Bulls & Hornets and allof these great college coach FAILED in the NBA.

damn, hard to believe Kobe's on his 13th year... My all time favorite players Magic and James Worthy played 12 years i think. And I only remember theirlast 6 years of their playing career since i was too young. I've seen Kobe's career more than any player in the NBA. Started from that prom date withBrandy, declaring for the draft with the shades on his head... i thought to myself then.. what a punk
laugh.gif
My favorite player back then was Nick Van Exel and i was hoping Nick or EddieJones would school him when he get to the league... then the Lakers traded for him
laugh.gif

dako akong otin:
I've seen Kobe's career more than any player in the NBA. Started from that prom date with Brandy, declaring for the draft with the shades on his head... i thought to myself then.. what a punk
laugh.gif
My favorite player back then was Nick Van Exel and i was hoping Nick or Eddie Jones would school him when he get to the league... then the Lakers traded for him
laugh.gif

Same here. He was sporting the Oakley XX on his head, I believe. And I thought the same thing you did. "What a punk." Except, I nevergot out of that train of thought.
laugh.gif
embarassed.gif
I've tried.
ohwell.gif
it has decreased a little from time to time, but it's still there.

Dah well.

And I definitely hoped that Eddie Jones would school him when they were on the Lakers together I loved Eddie, and I hated seeing 'that punk' get burnover Jones.

In the end, though, there's no way Eddie Jones is on Kobe's level. But in the first year of that 3-peat, all through the playoffs, I told myself overand over again that Eddie would have been doing just as good as Kobe, since Kobe, Shaq & Co. had simply gotten us to the playoffs at that point, but neverwon it all. I had told myself so many times 'Man, Eddie would have gotten us a ring by now at the 2 spot.
eyes.gif
'

Yeah... no.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

'That punk' has been critical to all 4 championships, and was the Finals MVP of the latest one, and there's no way we would have been as successfulwith Swift 6.

Eddie was nice, though.
ohwell.gif
Too bad he never got a ring.
tired.gif
He leaves the Lakers in the '98-'99 season, they win a championship in'99-'00, and continue on to a 3-peat. He goes to a few different teams, then leaves the Heat in the '04-'05 season, and they win a championshipin '05-'06.
smh.gif

Eddie Jones was never going to be 20 point a night scorer and was a good role player but he was one of the most loved Lakers ever. Ariza last season remindedme of Eddie because the way he could effect a game without the ball by jumping into passing lanes and doing the extra effort plays. I mean it was incredible tohear the Forum crowds chant "Eddie" after his steals that led to breakaway dunks. Then he got a Jordan shoe and billboards showed up in L.A.with himon it and it was awesome. Glen Rice did get a ring but to me he wasnt a replacement for Eddie or Elden (who at times was an unstoppable 18 &10 guy in thepost...sometimes).

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

I kinda really want JVG, we need a defensive coach, we know how to score! If our squads main focus was D.... The City of LA's gonna have to pay for alot of Parades
exactly

Eddie Jones I was more of a fan of than Nick Van Exel during the mid 90's. I loved him because of hustle, defense and the way he could finish on the break.I don't know but Nick just rubbed me the wrong way even when he was playing at an allstar level. I guess it's because to me after watching Magic playand watching him run showtime with such a unselfish and enthusiastic attitude for the game and then seeing Nick play as a shoot first PG who was always pissedand wanted all the glory really turned me off with Nick.

Back
Top Bottom