[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

I love when people try to validate their claim by speaking for GMs or coaches or other elite players, like when people say 'LeBron would definitely sharethe same opinion as me if we asked him.'

'Any GM or basketball expert will tell you...' blah, blah, blah.

Seriously? That provides validity to your opinion, and makes it closer to the truth than my opinion? Sweet. Because...

Ask any basketball owner or coach, and they'll tell you my opinion is actually fact.

Ridiculous.
laugh.gif

My opinion is... my opinion, regardless of which basketball coaches, players, GMs, or analysts would agree with my opinion. It's still just an opinion, andthe same holds true for your opinion.

My opinion is that Jordan was light years ahead of Kobe, but that Kobe is the closest to MJ we have in the league. 6-0 in the Finals with 6 Finals MVP is lightyears ahead of 4-2 in the Finals with 1 Finals MVP. I could go on, but I already started to earlier, and it wouldn't change the fact that whatever I say isstill just my opinion.

Is MJ better???

I'd say YES, but LIGHTYEARS........Cmon now

You make MJ sound like a mythical creature who averaged 50 pts for his career and never missed a shot.

AGAIN , MJ is better but your reaching with that LIGHTYEARS stuff.

mj is definitely not light years ahead of kobe in a purely "talent and skill" basis

kobe can do anything on the court that mj did

but mj was the better overall player because of his accomplishments and he was a better defender and shooter (as far as FG %)

he was not light years ahead

that is ludricous

my sentiments exactly.

MJ is NOT light years ahead of Kobe. Period. Point blank

any claim to the contrary is asinine, ignorant, ludricous, and funny

in what world is 6-0 light years ahead of 4-2???
laugh.gif

it's not like you're comparing 6-0 to 0-6

mj is better but not light years ahead.

i understand you have the right to your opinion

but its like me saying in my opinion the world is flat. my opinion would be wrong

Lizaker4Lizife:
I've never understood the love for Ska on this site

he has proven his low b-ball knowledge more than a few times

he even said a few weeks ago that Lakers should get boozer and start him with Gasol and Bynum in the frontcourt
laugh.gif
and have artest off the bench
I remember you. You're the tool who said it was a good thing I'm not a GM, one of the more absurd insults anyone could possibly type.
laugh.gif
You came through trying to put down my GM ability, as if anyone onthis site is even in the running of a GM position in professional sports team.

You don't understand 'the love for Ska'? I don't understand how people can follow some internet dude around with hate in their heart.
laugh.gif
It's mildly disturbing, but... do you, I guess. If that's what worksfor you, knock yourself out. Follow me around, disrespect my GMing ability, and hate me. I care... none.
happy.gif
The only thing you're accomplishing by loyally chiming in on my basketballopinions is showing that you're definitely taking 'internet debating' too seriously, and I am in no position to even care about how good I would beas a GM, and I don't need your approval to sleep at night. So like I said, bookmark my basketball related replies, knock my GMing ability, and question whyanyone likes me.

In what world is '6 Finals MVPs in 6 tries' anywhere in the same galaxy as '4-2 with 1 Finals MVP'? In what world is '7 consecutive scoringtitles with a year off and then 3 consecutive scoring titles in a 15 year career' in the same galaxy as '2 scoring titles, coming back to back in a 13year career'?

Jordan IS light years ahead of Kobe. Period. Point blank.

Any claim to the contrary is asinine, ignorant, ludricous [sic], and funny.

Hopefully, one of these days you'll wake up to the fact that the very large majority of what gets thrown around on any message board is just opinion.
Lizaker4Lizife:
but its like me saying in my opinion the world is flat. my opinion would be wrong
Yes, it's exactly like that. The world can be proven round. That's stone cold fact, provable by a number of different means. It's notjust an opinion or an interpretation of stats.

I want to say 'Nice try' so bad, but that was embarrassingly horrific for you.
laugh.gif
As in, I'm embarrassed for you.

you obviously remembered my comments about you, so does that mean you're the tool that follows me around and remembers what I say?

hahah youre funny man

obviously you make a stupid comment about starting boozer gasol and bynum together so OF COURSE i'm gonna remember that
that was embarassingly horrific for you
roll.gif

you have little knowledge about basketball

your opinion in this case is wrong, and I feel sorry for you, but you have the right to it

it really bothers me that people like you are Laker fans

you went and used you mod abilities to find what I edited out and quoted it AFTER i edited it out.......so who's really taking internet too seriously?

you could have just let it go and nobody would have seen what I edited out, but instead you're so cool that you had to use your super mod abilities to findit

laugh.gif
ska is cool

whatever man, you think MJ is light years ahead.
Me and 99.9 % of bball fans disagree with you
but its your opinion, so do you man
laugh.gif

Lizaker4Lizife:
you obviously remembered my comments about you, so does that mean you're the tool that follows me around and remembers what I say?
Yes, that's exactly what it means. There's no way it means that I remember your absurd attempt at an insult. No way in hell. It definitelymeans I follow you around. Because, I've definitely chimed in on your basketball opinion a few times since then as soon as I saw you said something.That's what I do. Definitely.
Lizaker4Lizife:
obviously you make a stupid comment about starting boozer gasol and bynum together so OF COURSE i'm gonna remember that
Which is interesting, because I don't remember saying that. I remember asking about the possibility, and I barely even remember asking it. Foryou to continue claiming I said it as a stone-cold suggestion is borderline reaching.
Lizaker4Lizife:
you have little knowledge about basketball
Sweet. Now I can stop wasting time applying for NBA coaching positions. Thanks for the input. Will consult in the future. A++++ reference.
Lizaker4Lizife:
it really bothers me that people like you are Laker fans
Likewise.
Lizaker4Lizife:
you went and used you mod abilities to find what I edited out and quoted it AFTER i edited it out.......so who's really taking internet too seriously? you could have just let it go and nobody would have seen what I edited out, but instead you're so cool that you had to use your super mod abilities to find it
I seriously have no idea what you;re talking about. But you think you're right, so just as sure as the world is flat, you must be right. Sinceyou say so.
Lizaker4Lizife:
whatever man, you think MJ is light years ahead.
Me and 99.9 % of bball fans disagree with you
but its your opinion, so do you man
laugh.gif

That's interesting, because I just interviewed EVERY SINGLE basketball fan on the planet, and 99.9% of them agree with ME. Weird, huh? And thereason I did that is because I hate to say something like that without knowing it to be true, because that would make me look like I was throwing out randomcrap to validate my opinion, like 'Any GM or basketball analyst would agree with me.'

get over it
get over yourself
NTers sucking up to you have inflated your ego
all teams have fans who don't know what they're talking about
it's all good
i'm over it
peace

Lizaker4Lizife:
get over it
get over yourself
NTers sucking up to you have inflated your ego
all teams have fans who don't know what they're talking about
it's all good
i'm over it
peace
Quick question before I go: how can I get over myself when I don;t think that highly of myself to begin with? I'm just a random guy helpingmoderate some meaningless message board. That's it. Nothing to really think highly of there.

I'm positive that you care more about me on here than I do about myself. Positive.

So... hop off me.
Agreed, all teams have ignorant fans.
And all teams have classless fans.
Peace? Do you really mean that when you say it? I do.
Peace.

you can't say
Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

I don;t think that highly of myself to begin with? I'm just a random guy helping moderate some meaningless message board. That's it. Nothing to really think highly of there.
and then say

So... hop off me.
and call me a

tool

it's kinda contradictory, no?
roll.gif
roll.gif

I guess mods can resort to name calling

it's all good man
peace, for real
laugh.gif

i gotta learn to respect people's opinions
do you homie

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

easy easy fellas

anyhow i just got this today. The back is nice, but the material it's horrible.
FF_348996ALT1_xl.jpg
No offense, but
sick.gif

(If the Mavericks won a chip I'd probably buy one just like that..
smh.gif
laugh.gif
).

Its like those Nascar jackets
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

The only other one was a lamb skin joint.

Had to get it; however, it might not ever leave my closet.

The only thing I'd say on the Kobe/Jordan thing is that back when Jordan played there were a lot of scrubs that wouldn't even get
a sniff in the NBA today. Yes there were more "great" players but the amount of no names that got significant playing time was
ridiculous. Names like: Zarko Paspalj, Uwe Blab, Randy Allen, Bob Thornton, Mike Gminski, Scott Brooks, Jeff Turner, Dave Corzine and
Frank Brickowski. The fact is that though there were some great players to come out of Jordan's era, there were a lot of garbage players
that he got to play against too. In the NBA now everybody can pretty much jump out of the building and have more natural athletic ability
then the players back then and for that I can't say Jordan is "light years" ahead of Kobe, just a little better...

smh.gif
@ lizaker4life.

All you're doing is starting !@#% over nothing.
chill, just like ska said, this is just a meaningless website.

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

.....oh and:
Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by AG 47

*scratches head*....i thought Ska was black.
what?
laugh.gif
...its funny i always imagined ska as a white guy with a lisa leslie jersey
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

lowblow.jpg

- leave ska alone man. dude just loves basketball.
uhmm i wasnt dissing him bro...lay low...thats just how i imagined him...did u not notice the
pimp.gif
?...hell i have a candace parker jersey
pimp.gif

denni5themenace:
westcoastsfinest:
artest is an idiot
laugh.gif
...but its true kobe is the closest to mj...mj is lightyears ahead of kobe BUT kobe is the closest to him

lightyears? no.

now im a big kobe fan but dude mj is lightyears..solar system...stars...sun and moon ahead of kobe...ska pretty much had it on point...jordans defense wassomething else...BUT kobe is the closest to mj...how close you ask?...jordan is mercury and kobe is pluto

It could be worse Ska, you could be in here arguing with me about Artest, look at the bright side.
laugh.gif

You ever chime in on LO? You good with the deal, all on same page?
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

easy easy fellas

anyhow i just got this today. The back is nice, but the material it's horrible.
FF_348996ALT1_xl.jpg
No offense, but
sick.gif

(If the Mavericks won a chip I'd probably buy one just like that..
smh.gif
laugh.gif
).

you dont have to worry about buying one cause the mavs wont be winning anything anytime soon

nice pick up lalakersfan
pimp.gif
...how much?

Originally Posted by seasoned vet

09' Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD

-
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
everytime i see this thread title, i cant wait till the season starts so someone can take the crown from LA.....and yes im mad
mad.gif
laugh.gif

This makes me
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
too, but only because the apostrophe should go before the zero, not after the nine.

And I'll check in and say that Jordan is NOT light years ahead of Kobe. I'm sure it can be agreed that Jordan had a better career, but as far as abetter player, it's MUCH closer than people are willing to admit.

And I also hate it when people back up being a better defensive player based on blocks and/or steals. Yes, the stats are impressive, but they only show thatthe player is a gambler on defense.

CP1708:
You ever chime in on LO? You good with the deal, all on same page?
nerd.gif

What was his deal again? I just didn't want him for $10mil. Just under $10mil is still under $10mil, and wasn't he re-upped for 3years/$27mil, with a team or player option on a 4th year?

*edit* It says right there in the title, 4 years/$33mil.
laugh.gif
I guessLizaker is rizight; I knizow nizothing about bizasketbizall.

So anyways, that's $8mil and change over 4 years. I'm definitely good with that. I could have swore it was 3 years/$27mil, though, with an optioneither to the player or the team on the 4th year, meaning... 3 years/$27mil with a $6mil option on a 4th year. No? Just $33mil straight up over 4 years?

NBC: Shaquille O'Neal knows marketing.

In trying to promote his new reality show "Shaq vs." (which premiers tonight) he said that he would like to play out this final year of his contract in Cleveland, then see if returning to the Lakers is an option for next year.

Great marketing comment. Not in the least based in reality, but a great marketing comment. Already one LA television morning program talked about it today, I'm writing about it and you can bet sports talk radio will squeeze that in between Brett Favre talk today. And every time it's mentioned his new reality show gets another free plug.

But Shaq is not coming back to the Lakers. There are as many reasons as Shaq has had nicknames though his career.

First, remember the preseason game before Shaq was traded to Miami when he ran down the court screaming at Lakers owner Jerry Buss, "Pay me! Pay me!" because he wanted a contract extension. I guarantee you that Buss does, and that he still fumes a little at that. Those comments greased the rails for Shaq's slide out of town, and Buss does not forgive that easily.
Link:

http://www.nbclosangeles....-To-Lakers-53581567.html

westcoastsfinest:
now im a big kobe fan but dude mj is lightyears..solar system...stars...sun and moon ahead of kobe...ska pretty much had it on point...jordans defense was something else...BUT kobe is the closest to mj...how close you ask?...jordan is mercury and kobe is pluto
LamarOwnsem:
I'll check in and say that Jordan is NOT light years ahead of Kobe. I'm sure it can be agreed that Jordan had a better career, but as far as a better player, it's MUCH closer than people are willing to admit.
Two different opinions, neither one right or wrong. That's what I see.
LamarOwnsem:
And I also hate it when people back up being a better defensive player based on blocks and/or steals. Yes, the stats are impressive, but they only show that the player is a gambler on defense.
I don't know about all that. A negative spin can literally be put on ANY offensive category, and a positive spin can be put on ANY negativecategory.

- A guy leads the league in scoring 17 years in a row? That's not because he's talented; it's because he's a ballhog.
- Dominating the league in blocks? He's not a defensive presence in the paint; he's just tall and knows how to take advantage of the idiots who try todunk on him. ANd even then, he gets dunked on ALL THE TIME, so calling him a lockdown defender in the paint is a stretch, to say the least.
- A guy breaks the all time assists record? It's just because he can't shoot and he knows it. He passes to teammates because he knows he has to. Scrub.
- How about the guy who is constantly at the top of the assists category, but his assist-to-turnover ratio is horrific? Really, his turnovers shouldn't beheld against him, because he handles the ball more than anyone else.
- A guy who is constantly getting dunked on, I mean... hey, the guy's trying to block shots. Can't knock that. Be easy on him.

At the end of the day, a steal is a steal, and not everyone gets them by gambling. Sure, some do, but you're not going to lead the league in steals bygambling all the time. You break the steals record for a single game a couple times, but through the course of an entire season, gambling all the time for asteal isn't going to work for you, and it's CERTAINLY not going to earn you a DPOY. People aren't stupid, and if they know you just get steals bygambling, the award will go to someone who actually plays defense, instead of your sorry, gambling self. Know what I mean?

Back
Top Bottom