[::2009 Champion LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD Vol. Boring Non-News Days Causing In-Thread Tension::]

Originally Posted by bright nikes

what in the hell!

im sure buss has a plan?

I'm pretty sure he does. And yea SKA you're right, and I remember around the middle of the season when things were rolling, and the questions aboutlamar started to pop up, I remember buss saying he will do whatever he had to do to keep the team together, even if it means going over the cap

this is los angeles. if hes not willing to pay for the players in the 2nd largest media market in the states he should sell the team to someone who will.

Gosh damnit Kobe.
laugh.gif

but I wonder how much over he's willing to go,

it's dollar per dollar for the luxury tax when you're over the cap right?

You guys are freaking out too early. First of all, Kobe hasnt officially SIGNED anything. 2nd of all, everyone including Kobe wants Lamar and Ariza back andyou can relax and know it will happen. Buss will pay everyone, the fans all have made it clear how much they love lamar and trev...just relax guys jeez.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thachosen123

what in the hell!

im sure buss has a plan?

I'm pretty sure he does. And yea SKA you're right, and I remember around the middle of the season when things were rolling, and the questions about lamar started to pop up, I remember buss saying he will do whatever he had to do to keep the team together, even if it means going over the cap
yehh hey jerry buss said we'll be back in 2005...4 years later 15 comes along...i do hope jerry does whatever in his power to keep this teamon top

TeamVujacic
You cant make it if you dont take it.
sick.gif
...put this fool to sleep this one season wonder bastard

haha yeah Sasha let me/us/himself down this year but im still rollin with him next season you cant just lose your jumper like that hopefully him and AMMO willatleast make minor contributions next year ala shannon brown ...ill retire my Sasha sig once somebody makes a nice raider nation one I can steal.

Originally Posted by tupac003

-how much is trevor making now? Give him the whole damn mle if we have to. What kinda offers do u guys think that other teams will give him this off season? i agree with whoever said that some team will be willing to overpay for him. I think that he is more likely to leave than Odom because he's only 23 and he's probably looking for that fat contract that will have him and his family set for life, and I don't blame him
Trevor made 3.4 mil. You figure you have to AT LEAST double that. 7 mil a season. Now how much longer is Gasol under contract? I say you sign everybody until his deal or Kobe's deal is up...

Trip on this..

[h2]Magic get bigger with Cook, dealing little-used Ariza[/h2]
Comment Email Print Share
ESPN.com news services

The Los Angeles Lakers made a trade, but it wasn't the one everyone was waiting for. Kobe Bryant is still in purple and gold.

3568.jpg

Evans

3727.jpg

Cook

3860.jpg

Ariza

General manager Mitch Kupchak announced on Tuesday that the team had acquired forward Trevor Ariza from the Orlando Magic for forward Brian Cook and guard Maurice Evans.

A four-year veteran who began his career with the New York Knicks, Ariza averaged 8.9 points and 4.4 rebounds in 22.4 minutes per game last season with the Magic but his numbers had fallen off this year.

The deal saves the Lakers some money in the end. While he's averaging only 3.3 points and 2.2 rebounds this season, Ariza is in the final year of his contract. Cook, averaging 2.3 points and 1.7 rebounds, is in the first year of a three-year, $10.5 million deal.

The Orlando Sentinel reported on Tuesday that the Magic used their $2.6 million exemption -- from the Tony Battie injury -- to make the deal work. The Magic also released veteran big man Bo Outlaw.

"It was hard to trade Trevor on two fronts," Magic general manager Otis Smith said, according to the Sentinel. "Trevor's one of 'my kids.' I'd like to have kept him, but we made a huge investment in the 4-spot [power forward Rashard Lewis] and we have two guys [Lewis and Hedo Turkoglu] playing extremely well.

"It's bittersweet for Trevor. He found a home in Orlando. Nine of the 10 things were good, but the one thing --- not playing --- was not good. Him not playing, that's tough on a young guy."

Ariza makes a homecoming. He grew up in Los Angeles and attended Westchester High School.

"He's a 6-8 athletic, active guy," Lakers coach Phil Jackson said before their game against the Indiana Pacers. "His specialty is probably defense. He's an all-around player, but defensively, with the athleticism -- he's tough."

Cook, a 6-9, 250-pounder, was a first-round pick by the Lakers in the 2003 draft after playing at Illinois. He turns 27 on Dec. 4 but has played sparingly this season.

Cook's best season was in 2005-06, when he averaged 7.9 points, 3.4 rebounds and 19 minutes, all career highs.

Cook, along with Bryant, Derek Fisher and Luke Walton, were the only players on the current roster who played with the Lakers in 2003-04, the last time they advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs.

Evans averaged 4.4 points in seven games for the Lakers this season. The 29-year-old was in the final year of his contract.

The 6-5, 220-pounder averaged a career-high 8.4 points in 76 games last season, his first with the Lakers. Evans was acquired from Detroit in a draft day trade in 2006. He's also played for Minnesota and Sacramento.

"We gave up two players that were veterans, experienced players who fit into our system relatively well," Jackson said.

Ariza hadn't yet joined the Lakers, and Cook and Evans weren't with the team, leaving Los Angeles shorthanded for Tuesday's game.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

Boy if they only knew....

Just a heads up, Trevor Ariza will be at NTLA tonight from 5-8. It is a perfect way to say goodbye to a key member of the 2008-2009 NBA Championship team.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Just a heads up, Trevor Ariza will be at NTLA tonight from 5-8. It is a perfect way to say goodbye to a key member of the 2008-2009 NBA Championship team.

Will you be coming thru here if he re-signs?
nerd.gif

All I ask.
wink.gif

laugh.gif
*quoting this for future reference.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Just heard that it might be close to $110-115 million extension for Kobe, over lesser payments.
Where did you hear this? If that's the case, more money to go around
smokin.gif

lol cmon guys i know kobes not exactly the most gracious or generous person but i cant ever imagine him wanting to screw over his teamates by taking too muchmoney. Especially teamates that are crucial to him winning, which he claims to be all about.

batman>iron man
tongue.gif

i am quoting this too
laugh.gif

FrenchBlue23 wrote:
Just heard that it might be close to $110-115 million extension for Kobe, over lesser payments.
make it a 90 million extension then i wont be mad anymore kobe
laugh.gif

My opinion Kobe takes $100 million extesion to get both back.

Also sources are saying Lamar is willing to take a pay cut to get Ariza back
pimp.gif

If that fails just unload Sasha & Luke.

but wait isnt Shanon Brown also a free agent???

• Kobe 5 yrs $100M [ 20/yr]
  • Ariza 5yrs $ 40-45 M [ 8+/yr]
  • Odom 4yrs. $24-30M [ 6+/yr]
  • Brown [Mid-level exemption]
  • trade Walton and this years 1st rounder for a future pick
  • Morrison and Farmar should also be on the block
Thats what i think should happen

Originally Posted by Kookcle

Ariza get more than Odom?

laugh.gif
*quoting this for future reference.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Where did you hear this? If that's the case, more money to go around
smokin.gif
John Ireland, and Jalen Rose over at ESPN 710.

Originally Posted by kobehead

Of course

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

seems like regular season again I love NT

panic_button.jpg

Exactly. Dudes stay on panic mode in these lakers threads
smh.gif

Like it's been said before, Kobe hasn't done a damn thing yet. this is all speculation. I wouldn't be surprised if Kobe is bluffing to the team bysaying that he will sign this max contract if the lakers don't make a concerted effort to resign lamor, trevor, and shannon

Originally Posted by kobehead

Of course