2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

So basically we're eliminated.

indifferent.gif

indifferent.gif

It takes a lot for a team NOT to make it to the next round in this cup. Played one decent game, and two %*!+ games to close it out.
I was hoping, at the least, for la selecta to create some kind of momentum heading to the aug 12th match at T & T
mad.gif

[h1]FMF Sets Time For Mexico-US World Cup Qualifier[/h1]
Goal.com Jul 10, 4:38 am EDT

When Mexico and the United States meet in what will be one of the most anticipated matchups of the year in CONCACAF, the game will start and end before sunset.

The Mexican Football Federation moved the time for Mexico's game in Estadio Azteca against their rivals to 3 p.m. local time, 4 p.m. ET.

Thus, the U.S. and Mexico could potentially play the match under sunny skies, or a torrential downpour. August is traditionally part of Mexico's rainy season and such weather could await the two teams.

The one-sentence press release handed out by the FMF did not give a reason to the move. Typically, Mexico play their midweek home games at night - Aug. 12 is a Wednesday - but this time the game will kick off in the middle of the afternoon.
Mexico sit in fourth place of the six-team Hexagonal table with six points while the U.S. are second with 10

Damn it, cuts down my sightseeing but increases my celebration.

I hope they have that "US supporters" tab available when purchasing tickets. If not I will sit with the rest of the Mexican crowd. There is no way I'm missing out on this one.
They do. Just saw your posting at Big Soccer.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

I hope they have that "US supporters" tab available when purchasing tickets. If not I will sit with the rest of the Mexican crowd. There is no way I'm missing out on this one.
They do. Just saw your posting at Big Soccer.

Fo sho. damn now that the flight is booked I'm pumped for the game.

Have you been out there before?

Edit I just found the Eurostars on hotels.com and looks like I'ma go with that. Good reviews, location, and price. Can't *@$#%%@ wait!

Never to a game, I've done the sightseeing thing before, but my wife and my suegra are going so we are going to do it again. Been in themetro no big deal, same as NYC, Paris. That's the reason I chose this hotel, easy access to everywhere.

Originally Posted by amarusgear

Never to a game, I've done the sightseeing thing before, but my wife and my suegra are going so we are going to do it again. Been in the metro no big deal, same as NYC, Paris. That's the reason I chose this hotel, easy access to everywhere.

Any must do things? I got Teotihuacan, Xochimilco, Basilica de Gua, Parque Chapultepec, and a few other stuff on my "to do" list but Idoubt I'll be able to do it all.

You guys missed a hell of a game. Golazazazooooo in crunch time. whew, our 55 game undefeated streak at home was at stake there.

Originally Posted by elevenairs

Stuart Holden got every bit of that one...goal of the tournament so far
I think it's a toss up with the 2nd gol Guadalupe scored vs Panama.

Holden was my MOTM before that play anyways, we can def use him as a sub in the WC.

I know it's only his first cap but no more Robles unless the game is meaningless. He was a huge part of both Haiti goals and made horrible decisions allgame.

Heaps you got owned today, Castillo we need you at LB asap!

Originally Posted by socluis90

Holden was my MOTM before that play anyways, we can def use him as a sub in the WC.

I know it's only his first cap but no more Robles unless the game is meaningless. He was a huge part of both Haiti goals and made horrible decisions all game.

Heaps you got owned today, Castillo we need you at LB asap!
he looked helpless on the first goal, Saint-Preux did Heaps dirty before sending the cross in

I think it's a toss up with the 2nd gol Guadalupe scored vs Panama.
yeah that one was actually further out too but the timing of Holden's goal was what does it imo

missed all of this game tonight.. glad to see we at least got a point to wrap up the group's 1 seed, especially since it looks like we played almost anentirely different lineup (3rd stringers basically?)... Good stuff so far this tournament...

Can't wait for Philly next weekend, be my first big time soccer match of any sort and I get to cheer our dudes on!

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

missed all of this game tonight.. glad to see we at least got a point to wrap up the group's 1 seed, especially since it looks like we played almost an entirely different lineup (3rd stringers basically?)... Good stuff so far this tournament...

Can't wait for Philly next weekend, be my first big time soccer match of any sort and I get to cheer our dudes on!
If Mexico finishes 3rd tomorrow you might be in for a treat.

maaann. I missed the whole match and it sounds like it was a helluva game. Gotta catch the highlights I guess..
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

missed all of this game tonight.. glad to see we at least got a point to wrap up the group's 1 seed, especially since it looks like we played almost an
entirely different lineup (3rd stringers basically?)... Good stuff so far this tournament...

If Mexico finishes 3rd tomorrow you might be in for a treat.

mexico better not get third..hopefully they get one of the top 2 seeds..

I don't think it's been mentioned here but Aguirre got a 3 game suspension. They must make it to the semifinals or he won't be available comeAugust 12.

They must make it to the semifinals or he won't be available come August 12.

El Tri better take 1st in the standings. They need to make it to semi's, I don't want any excuses.

Que golazo by Holden yesterday, saved our streak.

Back
Top Bottom