2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

Damn Holden killed Haiti that game. Haiti got that point and is gonna finish 3rd. I dont mind if we see Guadaloupe. We'll find out tomorrow.

No Honduras mentions?? dont sleep on them fellas... when they play well... theyre mos def not an easy team to go up against.

Originally Posted by socluis90

I don't think it's been mentioned here but Aguirre got a 3 game suspension. They must make it to the semifinals or he won't be available come August 12.
what in the world was he thinking

Originally Posted by YO GetOFFmyKickZ

No Honduras mentions?? dont sleep on them fellas... when they play well... theyre mos def not an easy team to go up against.
This has been the case for Honduras since I can remember watching soccer (my whole life). They just never get over the hump to be a consistentthreat in concacaf.

In the Cardinals stadium
pimp.gif

- The Guadaloupe keeper looks like a referee

- What ever happened to Bofo Bautista? Used to be a creative player. Surely they could use him with their lacking creativity in the midfield. Noteven worth a look in the Gold Cup?

Originally Posted by ERASCISM

- What ever happened to Bofo Bautista? Used to be a creative player. Surely they could use him with their lacking creativity in the midfield. Not even worth a look in the Gold Cup?
Nevermind. I think I found my answer. *puts him in prayers*

bofocq8.jpg

Re: Guadaloupe

Football (soccer) is popular in Guadeloupe. Thierry Henry, a star of theFrench National Team andSpanish League club FC Barcelona, often visits, as his father Antoine wasoriginally from the island. William Gallas, whose parentage is Guadeloupean,visits the island when not playing for Arsenal or the French National team. LilianThuram, a star football defender for France and FC Barcelona, was born in Guadeloupe. The Frenchnational team and Everton F.C. striker, Louis Saha, is also of Guadeloupean descent, as is MK Dons goalkeeper Willy Gueret. Pascal Chimbonda of Tottenham was also born in Guadeloupe. The region's football teamexperienced recent success, advancing all the way to the 2007CONCACAF Gold Cup semi-finals, where they were defeated just 1-0 by CONCACAFpowerhouse Mexico. Manyfine track and fieldathletes, such as Marie-José Perec, Patricia Girard-Léno, and Christine Arron are also Guadeloupe natives. The NBA players Mickaël Piétrus and Mickaël Gelabale were born in this island. Famed Bodybuilder Serge Nubret also hails from Guadeloupe.

Wow this game literally put me to sleep. I put my head down at the 20th min and woke up right now on Ochoas save lol.

Saturday
Canada 3 Honduras 2
USA 3 Panama 1

Sunday
Costa Rica 1 Guadalupe 2
Mexico 2 Haiti 0

------------------------

Semi

USA 2 Canada 1
Mexico 1 Guadalupe 0

------------------------

Final

USA 2 Mexico 0

Congrats USA.

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

socluis90 wrote:

Sunday

Costa Rica vs Guadalupe

Mexico vs. Hait

ill be in attendance
smokin.gif
Dope, its in the new stadium right?

And whatsup for DF man? Time is ticking...

yezzir
smokin.gif
, thats the only reason im going, im gonna make sure to take plenty of pictures..

im setting up an appointment tomorrow so i can see how soon i can get my passport.

Any must do things? I got Teotihuacan, Xochimilco, Basilica de Gua, Parque Chapultepec, and a few other stuff on my "to do" list but I doubt I'll be able to do it all.
1. Zocalo, Templo Mayor (aztec temple), Museo de archelogia. There are all in the same block.
2 Teotihuacan
3 When you go to Chalpultec go to the Castle its where the USA marched into Mexico city and Mexico finally surrendered. Go inside they have some nice historicpaintings of Mexico.
4 Basilica catholics paradise.
5 Xochimilco, will be my first time.
6.Garabaldi plaza full of mariachis
7. The Tlatelolco Massacre, the tree that cortez had the noche triste is located there also.
8. Nike outlets, I found some gold in one.
9. There is a lot, but not enough time.

I suggest you do 1 thru 4. Basilica is 2 hours, zocalo 3 to 4 hours. Don't get stuck there before sunset.

Tuesday we are going to teotihucan, xochimilco, and maybe garabaldi after. I get there Monday at around 4. If you want to roll on tuesday let me know, imgetting quotes right now. My cousin might come thru though.

^^Damn good info there. Thanks. I gota check with my friend but I think we might end up going Tuesday also because of rumors of these places being closed onMonday. Looks like a lot of people on Bigsoccer might go Tuesday also. If so I'll let you know and maybe we can plan something while we're out there.

Back
Top Bottom