2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

Game. Set. Match. Blowout.

Surprising game by US, but Aguirre did point out that if the game was played as US wanted it would end up in penalties. US always plays to take advantage ofmistakes, fortunately for Mexico there weren't to many.

Celebrate this win quickly Mexico, we need to remember that the game that truly matters is Aug 12.

stop making excuses
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

WOW HORRIBLE DISPLAY OF HEART BY OUR TEAM. I AM ASHAMED OF THIS TEAM FOR THe display they are putting up.

Is cool, Mexican fans congrats. I been a long time since you won our soil. We will see you guys on AUG 12.
The difference is, the US will hopefully be playing their first team rather than this JV scrap.

JR5

Originally Posted by JRose5

I guess that's what the US gets for playing their JV team.
smh.gif

JR5
I guess these are the comments people make when they don't really know whats going on. Both teams brought their JV teams.

EVERYONE knows neither team brought their best players. EVERYONE knows in the grand scheme of things this game doesn't mean much.

I guess these players couldn't handle playing with all the Mexican fans

Once Mexico scored the PK the fans got louder and US fell apart.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Originally Posted by TOUCH MONEY

stop making excuses
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
go away... you beat our C team. Quit acting like you guys are doing it and worry about qualifying for the WC.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
never tho i would still be here if mexico was losing. A victory is avictory
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Too easy... Hopefully your US squad shows up Aug 12
you do realize none of these guys will be playing on August 12th, right?

And this game is just a bad move on USA soccer's part. If you're trying to stir up interest in the sport, and you put a garbage C Team out against yourmain rival, and they get walloped 4-0, it doesn't matter how many times you tell people it wasn't the best players, the perception doesn't changefor the uninitiated casual fans of soccer in the US. USA soccer needs to go big or go home if they want to keep any consistent interest in the team. But thatwill never happen because they don't even bother to show up for games like this. They can't afford to be losing games 4-0, no matter who's playing,if they want people to catch on.

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

smh.gif

JR5
I guess these are the comments people make when they don't really know whats going on. Both teams brought their JV teams.

EVERYONE knows neither team brought their best players. EVERYONE knows in the grand scheme of things this game doesn't mean much.
That's a lie - Vela and Dos Santos are two of the best players in the Mexican system - they'll play in the world cup.

Compare caps between US and Mexican players from top to bottom that played today - it's not even close. Apparently EVERYONE knows this but you.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dmbrhs

Originally Posted by Oh YoU MaD

Too easy... Hopefully your US squad shows up Aug 12
you do realize none of these guys will be playing on August 12th, right?

And this game is just a bad move on USA soccer's part. If you're trying to stir up interest in the sport, and you put a garbage C Team out against your main rival, and they get walloped 4-0, it doesn't matter how many times you tell people it wasn't the best players, the perception doesn't change for the uninitiated casual fans of soccer in the US. USA soccer needs to go big or go home if they want to keep any consistent interest in the team. But that will never happen because they don't even bother to show up for games like this. They can't afford to be losing games 4-0, no matter who's playing, if they want people to catch on.

I mentioned something like this before in reference to Bob Bradley saying that if they won with this squad nobody would care that he did it with MLS playersbut if they lost people would call him out for using MLS players and he was putting himself in a bad position.

smh.gif

JR5

That's a lie - Vela and Dos Santos are two of the best players in the Mexican system - they'll play in the world cup.

Compare caps between US and Mexican players from top to bottom that played today - it's not even close. Apparently EVERYONE knows this but you.
laugh.gif
Let me compare after watching the replay of the 5th gol...

smh.gif

JR5

ohwell.gif

How many of these US players will see the bench on august 12? Maybe Ching and that's it

As for Mexico, there are at least 6.

sick.gif
there goes number 5

smh.gif

JR5

laugh.gif
Let me compare after watching the replay of the 5th gol...
laugh.gif
the hell is that supposed to mean? It doesn't changethe fact that Mexico brought real, top-notch players... we were playing guys who had never worn the US jersey before the gold cup...
grin.gif

Luis, Marion, Craftsy:

No need to worry guys. We all know that this is a dummy US squad. But I think ROBOBOB got some clear information from this tournament going forward.

Goodson, Marshall are solid good defenders.

Holden might be the future Ramos or Reyna. Dude is a stud.

Ching should not be on the squad when make the trip to AZTECA.

This was a valuable tournament for some of the guys in MLS, to see what it is to play in international tournaments.

All in all a good tournament. let's look forward to the AUG 12
smile.gif

so Giovanni Dos Santos is from mexico's JV team as well? Mexican fans stay reaching

This is as good as it gets for mexican fans though
cause they can't win anymore more important than this

Back
Top Bottom