2009 Concacaf Gold Cup Final: Mexico Champions. Vol. Aug 12 just got serious.

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by DownyBoy

Originally Posted by JRose5

I guess that's what the US gets for playing their JV team.
smh.gif

JR5
I guess these are the comments people make when they don't really know whats going on. Both teams brought their JV teams.

EVERYONE knows neither team brought their best players. EVERYONE knows in the grand scheme of things this game doesn't mean much.

Sorry but Mexico did not bring their JV squad. FRANCO, OCHA, MAGALLON, VENADO???? These dude play on the first squad all the time.

I wont even mention VELA or GIO. BUT real futbol heads already know.

All good, no excuses you guys won, congrats.

Originally Posted by KRISPACINLA

smh.gif

JR5
I guess these are the comments people make when they don't really know whats going on. Both teams brought their JV teams.

EVERYONE knows neither team brought their best players. EVERYONE knows in the grand scheme of things this game doesn't mean much.

Sorry but Mexico did not bring their JV squad. FRANCO, OCHA, MAGALLON, VENADO???? These dude play on the first squad all the time.

I wont even mention VELA or GIO. BUT real futbol already know.

DownyBoy, don't make me torch you like I torched the fools in the FIFA Confederations Cup thread.

JR5

smh.gif

JR5

I wont even mention VELA or GIO. BUT real futbol already know.

DownyBoy, don't make me torch you like I torched the fools in the FIFA Confederations Cup thread.

JR5
I'm trembling....
indifferent.gif

I'll celebrate for the day and move on. Piss poor showing for the U.S., whether or not you bring a C, D , E or Z team. This is why I don't get involvedin Sports forum pissing matches. At the end of the day fanatics will come up with excuses one way or the other.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. This game wasn't that huge and sure its a win, but Mexico would be stupid to celebrate it for long. Itshould be looked at as a small morale boost, not because we beat the US but because we are slowly starting to play decent soccer (we are still far from playingany type of respectable soccer imo)

In all honesty, I'll trade this win in for a win on Aug. 12. As a fan I want my team to win every game, however, fans still must understand what are thereal wins that are needed...i hope the rest of mexico understands that.

Luis, Marion, Craftsy:

No need to worry guys. We all know that this is a dummy US squad. But I think ROBOBOB got some clear information from this tournament going forward.

Goodson, Marshall are solid good defenders.

Holden might be the future Ramos or Reyna. Dude is a stud.

Ching should not be on the squad when make the trip to AZTECA.

This was a valuable tournament for some of the guys in MLS, to see what it is to play in international tournaments.

All in all a good tournament. let's look forward to the AUG 12
smile.gif
Agreed man... it's hard to see a US team lose, period.. especially to Mexico. But I think most US fans have this all in perspective, we didnot make a commitment to winning this tournament and hopefully the young players make our entire program better for the sacrifice we made here. There werejust too many games this summer to play our A-squad in all of them, and this was the least important of all the games so it was a no-brainer I think. I defendBradley's choice to not play the real team here.

I stand like this on the players from this tournament... Holden and Rogers need to see some minutes with the A team, at least practice time. Ching is awaste... Adu is ready for seriously A team time too.

I don't want any forwards to play but Dempsey, Jozy, and Davies.

Our midfield gets interesting - there's a large number of players there to choose from. Donovan is the sure thing. Then you have Bradley, Adu, Edu,Feilhaber, Holden, Rogers, Torres, and Kljestan. No reason to look at anybody else here I don't believe, but I think Bob might screw up and do it.

Defenders considered should be: Spector, Gooch, Bornstein, Boca, Cherundolo, Demerit, Goodson, Marshall, Orozco.

And then obviously in goal you have Howard, and probably Perkins (or Robles) as his backup. That's 22 guys by my count. Not sure what a WC roster isthese days, but that's a pretty good start to me. We'd be thin up front, but brining in guys like Ching is just a waste to me. You could always playDonovan and Adu as forwards too.

I'm glad that back line will never wear the US shirt again. Absolutely disgraceful how they gave up. While we all knew they weren't the greatest team,you ALWAYS expect teams to play with pride. Today we saw none of that from our back line and that's the only thing that bothers me. I didn't expect awin but I expected them to play balls out against their rivals.

Heaps you're garbage! Thank god you're NT career is over.

Congrats to the Mexican fans although most of you never show your face around here. I hope you don't get too confident because the A team will show up atAzteca and you will see our real potent
pimp.gif

Seems like people haven't done their homework on Mexico's situation. Be better than this C- team vs. JV team nonsense. It makes no sense. They just hired a new coach. This was a very important tournament for them to see who's got what. Gio and Vela didn't even start in lastmonth's WC qualifiers. Aguirre was like "nope, yall too young. put those cellphones away, kids." They had to earn their place in nextmonth's squad with their performance in this tournament. For USMNT, they are in a stable period right now coming off a great performance in Confed. Cup. At best, maybe a few players from this Gold Cup team get a call-up next month. Otherwise it was a pretty crap pool of players. Thatdoesn't mean Mexico's team should be critiqued the same! Players like Franco, Medina, Torrado, Gringo Castro were out of the nationalteam and now are getting looked at again with the new coach. New players like Sabah, Juarez, Valenzuela are getting looks, we don't knowwhere their rank is right now. Magallon is different because he was coming off an injury and was using this tourney to get back into fitness. He isprobably a first teamer but will have to compete with Galindo and Maza Rodriguez. So how do we decipher A, B, C team? We can't. It'snonsense. Every player is fighting for a spot on the first team. That's all there is to it.

Other than Guardado, Marquez (if he is healthy), and Torrado, I don't think anyone could guess what Mexico's starting XI will be on Aug. 12. Lots of toss-ups at several positions. USMNT's is pretty much set, give or take a few tactical moves. Good for them. But don't start breaking down Mexico's team by this A,B,C, JV crap when they are in the midst of a transitional period.

Today is kind of a big day in US soccer for other reasons.. I know the game in Dallas tonight is sold out... Foxboro looks pretty packed... and East Rutherfordwas packed today, too.

Regardless of who these fans are rooting for, that's 3 MAJOR soccer events in 3 different cities on US soil, all on the same day.

I really feel like soccer is picking up momentum right now in America.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Luis, Marion, Craftsy:

No need to worry guys. We all know that this is a dummy US squad. But I think ROBOBOB got some clear information from this tournament going forward.

Goodson, Marshall are solid good defenders.

Holden might be the future Ramos or Reyna. Dude is a stud.

Ching should not be on the squad when make the trip to AZTECA.

This was a valuable tournament for some of the guys in MLS, to see what it is to play in international tournaments.

All in all a good tournament. let's look forward to the AUG 12
smile.gif
Agreed man... it's hard to see a US team lose, period.. especially to Mexico. But I think most US fans have this all in perspective, we did not make a commitment to winning this tournament and hopefully the young players make our entire program better for the sacrifice we made here. There were just too many games this summer to play our A-squad in all of them, and this was the least important of all the games so it was a no-brainer I think. I defend Bradley's choice to not play the real team here.

I stand like this on the players from this tournament... Holden and Rogers need to see some minutes with the A team, at least practice time. Ching is a waste... Adu is ready for seriously A team time too.

Our midfield gets interesting - there's a large number of players there to choose from. Donovan is the sure thing. Then you have Bradley, Adu, Edu, Feilhaber, Holden, Rogers, Torres, and Kljestan. No reason to look at anybody else here I don't believe, but I think Bob might screw up and do it.

Defenders considered should be: Spector, Gooch, Bornstein, Boca, Cherundolo, Demerit, Goodson, Marshall, Orozco.

And then obviously in goal you have Howard, and probably Perkins (or Robles) as his backup. That's 22 guys by my count. Not sure what a WC roster is these days, but that's a pretty good start to me. We'd be thin up front, but brining in guys like Ching is just a waste to me. You could always play Donovan and Adu as forwards too.
Right on Point.

Orozco really needs to be taken in consideration. Dude is a beast down in SAN LUIS. I still think Perkins had ways to go. I would put our second goalkeep asGuzan.

Ching did well for the last 5 or years, but you can tell he is not one of the best fowards we have. Maybe 3 or 4th best at the moment.

Cant wait for Jones too don the USMNT jersey. He will bring grit and toughness to the NT.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Agreed man... it's hard to see a US team lose, period.. especially to Mexico. But I think most US fans have this all in perspective, we did not make a commitment to winning this tournament and hopefully the young players make our entire program better for the sacrifice we made here. There were just too many games this summer to play our A-squad in all of them, and this was the least important of all the games so it was a no-brainer I think. I defend Bradley's choice to not play the real team here.

I stand like this on the players from this tournament... Holden and Rogers need to see some minutes with the A team, at least practice time. Ching is a waste... Adu is ready for seriously A team time too.

Our midfield gets interesting - there's a large number of players there to choose from. Donovan is the sure thing. Then you have Bradley, Adu, Edu, Feilhaber, Holden, Rogers, Torres, and Kljestan. No reason to look at anybody else here I don't believe, but I think Bob might screw up and do it.

And then obviously in goal you have Howard, and probably Perkins (or Robles) as his backup. That's 22 guys by my count. Not sure what a WC roster is these days, but that's a pretty good start to me. We'd be thin up front, but brining in guys like Ching is just a waste to me. You could always play Donovan and Adu as forwards too.

adu needs to get his club situation straight or else hell be in danger of not even making the world cup roster, dude was training in florida with nfl playersthis week, hes in no mans land right now

add jermaine jones to those midfielders and guzano will probably be #2 gk

Good call on Jones, I forgot all about him. Any idea when that situation will be cleared up, or he'll be able to dress for the US?

And what happened with Adu and Benfica? I thought he left the gold cup to go get ready with them?

Vela and Dos Santos
sick.gif

made it look way too easy

regardless of who's out there, this is a horrible loss
Other than Guardado, Marquez (if he is healthy), and Torrado, I don't think anyone could guess what Mexico's starting XI will be on Aug. 12. Lots of toss-ups at several positions. USMNT's is pretty much set, give or take a few tactical moves. Good for them. But don't start breaking down Mexico's team by this A,B,C, JV crap when they are in the midst of a transitional period.

i would be surprised if Gio isnt out there..he tends to struggle when players are physical with him, but his vision and touch are too much to deny imo..i knowAguirre has passed over him and Vela for WC qualifiers but he looks better everytime i see him...he was incredible this tournament and the friendly againstVenezuela especially

the interview on Espn with Pardo was interesting, he flat out said the US has a better team..i have never heard that from anyone in the Mexican camp before,they always come with some sort of excuse...but the reality of the situation is exactly what he said...not to discredit this win though, it makes thingsextremely interesting come August 12

Originally Posted by murdamoork23

Originally Posted by rothypejc

jones should be eligible at azteca if the paperwork clears i think

i think adu is trying to get a loan or transfer, check his twitter http://twitter.com/FreddyAdu11
Jones is recovering from injury so he wont be ready for the mexico game.

Not only that, but I think he not able to play for us til around Sep or Oct from my understanding. I seen dude played in the Budesliga, He's good.

i forgot the match was today anc chedled the score after i remembered and damn i was suprised. thought it would be a close game with maybe usa winning. i dontfollow mls/usmnt..was the usmnt really that thin? no copa america for usa i guess. to bad..they prob would have fielded a weak team there again though. anywayssucks usa lost. hopefully a win against mexico on their own soil in august will happen.

Originally Posted by AirJordanSeattle23

i forgot the match was today anc chedled the score after i remembered and damn i was suprised. thought it would be a close game with maybe usa winning. i dont follow mls/usmnt..was the usmnt really that thin? no copa america for usa i guess. to bad..they prob would have fielded a weak team there again though. anyways sucks usa lost. hopefully a win against mexico on their own soil in august will happen.

It's unlikely that more than 2 guys from the US squad today will find a roster spot with the big boy team. Most of the players on the team got their firstint. caps starting with this gold cup. But this has been discussed more in depth the last few pages, if you really want to know more abou tit.

i think Holden for sure but Robbie Rogers showed enough to make the squad..he was a bit inconsistent but the US needs players that can get wide and takeplayers 1 on 1...maybe Perkins as the number 2 or 3

Back
Top Bottom