2009 NFC North Trash Talk Thread...(Time to apologize for talkin crazy Bears fans/S4L3)

He has 7 fumbles on 550ish career attempts... not as bad as it seems... those fumbles in a playoff game certainly stand out though.

Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, and Adrian Peterson all had more fumbles than grant last year... Gore and Jackson had 50+ less attempts. Brandon Jacobs had 1 lessfumble on 100 less attempts.

They did but you cant call him a fumbler because of one SINGLE game.
He had 1 fumble the whole 2007 season.

Right, Ryan Grant has never been known as a fumbler before I said it.

And I'm the first person to call him injury-prone, as well.

Here's an article tag line on the front page of his ESPN profile:
Tristan H. Cockcroft wonders which Ryan Grant we'll see this year -- the breakout star from 2007 or the injury-plagued disappointment of 2008.
Here's a forum full of Packers fans discussing an article from a Packers beat writer that talks about Grant's fumbling habits, softness,etc. that I didn't have to look hard to find: http://community.sportsbubbler.com/forums/t/63430.aspx?PageIndex=1
Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, and Adrian Peterson all had more fumbles than grant last year... Gore and Jackson had 50+ less attempts. Brandon Jacobs had 1 less fumble on 100 less attempts.
Let me know when Ryan Grant is as good a back as any of them.

I know you guys are trying to defend your team in a thread about the entire division, but you're allowed to criticize them.

laugh.gif
he came into the year with a pulled hamstring. It happens to everyone.Thats the only thing that ever happened to him.

And that thread you posted was January of 2008.

Hmm...lets think here January 2008 right after the playoffs. The same playoffs where they played the Seahawks
The same exact game you keep talking about. His one game with 2 fumbles
roll.gif

I know you guys are trying to defend your team in a thread about the entire division, but you're allowed to criticize them.

for the 10th time all im saying is hes not getting respect like he should. Your taking little things and blowing it out of proportion.
The argument wasnt about Gore, Jackson, Jacobs, or Peterson. The argument is about Forte and Grant. Never said Grant was better then those you listed.

I dunno if you're talking to me, but im not denying that he has been injury prone because last year wasnt good for him. Nor do I deny that you could callhim a "fumbler" although the numbers (7 fumbles on 500+ attempts) are not really that bad at all.

Sorry im not gonna label a guy who started his first game in October of 2007 and got hurt in the beginning of his second season as a career fumbler or injury"prone".

Am i crazy for thinking its too early to judge that?

I mean I am hoping for a healthy Grant with no contract issues and his head on straight to come into this season and produce at least 80% of what he did inthose 8 games of 2007.

Lets say he has 3 fumbles on 300 attempts this year... thatd make 10 on 800 attempts in 2.5 seasons. There has been plenty worse out there.

And again, to clarify.. I dont consider RG as a top tier RB...

EDIT:
Frank Gore, Stephen Jackson, and Adrian Peterson all had more fumbles than grant last year... Gore and Jackson had 50+ less attempts. Brandon Jacobs had 1 less fumble on 100 less attempts.
Let me know when Ryan Grant is as good a back as any of them.

I know hes not as good of a back as them... never claimed that he was. But they are allowed to fumble and hes not?
laugh.gif

and yea it is pretty
laugh.gif
that the thread you posted was from days after that game that he had those fumbles vs the seahawks.

And Im not really defending my team right now rather than countering thse arguments that are based of some false perceptions and the fact that a player isbeing generalized as a 'career this and that' after only 1.5 seasons in the league, especially when the numbers dont support the argument.

*Shrugs*

Thats all i got for this topic.

Some of you need to stop puttin words in peoples mouths too
laugh.gif

what the hell are you guys trying to argue? ryan grants soft, horrible passblocking, injury prone...

how do you even have the nerve to say grant had a similar if not better season than forte? what games were you watchin brah?

Fortes the most complete back in our division, period.

Ryan Grant is the 4th best back in the division. I might even say 5th.

AD > Forte > Kevin Smith = Chester Taylor > Grant. Dude is decent, but should not be mentioned as a top-RB. NEVER.

Just out of curiosity how do you determine who soft and who isnt as a RB.

Becasue im watching a video of Grant right now and hes trucking ppl left and right.
Head to head running them over.

I would post it but you guys would be quick to say homer.

Becasue im watching a video of Grant right now and hes trucking ppl left and right.

correct my friend, you are watching a highlight video.

I know hes not as good of a back as them... never claimed that he was. But they are allowed to fumble and hes not?
laugh.gif

Yes.

It's easier to overlook when you're putting in the work those dudes put in, and not so much when you're Ryan Grant.

laugh.gif

And Im not really defending my team right now rather than countering thse arguments that are based of some false perceptions and the fact that a player is being generalized as a 'career this and that' after only 1.5 seasons in the league, especially when the numbers dont support the argument.
His career has been 1.5 seasons; what else is there to go off of?

There aren't "numbers" measuring toughness or bad hands.

Im stopping with the whole hes soft thing. Its nothing but an opinion, i dont really know how you gauge somone being soft or not in the NFL when, well...theyare playing in the NFL. Esp as a RB when you play to get hit.

laugh.gif

Yes.

It's easier to overlook when you're putting in the work those dudes put in, and not so much when you're Ryan Grant.
Fair enough i guess. lol
And Im not really defending my team right now rather than countering thse arguments that are based of some false perceptions and the fact that a player is being generalized as a 'career this and that' after only 1.5 seasons in the league, especially when the numbers dont support the argument.
His career has been 1.5 seasons; what else is there to go off of?

Also, I didn't know there were "numbers" measuring toughness or bad hands.
I never argued about his hands (catching?) or toughness.

And him being here for 1.5 seasons is exactly my point... weve yet to really see him... hopefully.

AAAAAAAAAnnyways...

Did Jared Allen teach Favre how to block?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

You know what, this is a trash talk thread

And now that i see jose is a Bears fan, i need to post this Video.

Jose, please fast forward to the 1:18 mark

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

I dont believe that Forte is the "Truth".
laugh.gif
Great post though bruh.
Exactly, im not understanding how you Bears fans are slurping this guy like he's AD.... Hell Chris Johnson > Forte.

Best QB/RB duo my @#!
roll.gif

Even his highlights videos are unimpressive.
laugh.gif

He's going down on the first hit almost every time.

And before Jehlers comes through with another remedial rebuttle, I said "first hit," not those flag football tackles or ankle swipes he ran through.
laugh.gif

A few good cuts and that's it. I watched it three times over and not once was there something that made me go "
eek.gif
."

OK fine hes soft dam you happy
laugh.gif

but for real, at the 1:18 mark you had not even the tiniest reaction even in your head?

Edit: dude i cant even help it
embarassed.gif
. How can you be soft and play as a RB in the NFL.Theres no convincing me on this one, we can end this now
laugh.gif

Allow me to post a REAL highlight reel Jehlers
5bc3692b17ac821c51f1eb164aa8bd982c95bca1.gif
....first25 seconds are just for you sport.

Dude, i aint even trying to compare a highlight reel of Grant and AP.
So you can stay chipper that you got the best RB in the game but i aint watching that vid
laugh.gif

I went 2 seconds in, saw the background and stopped it right there.

These Packers fans are just such homers. I like Grant and i acknowledged he is good and underated (and from around wherre i used to live in Jersey
pimp.gif
) butputting him in the same class with one of the top up and coming RBs in the league like Forte is seriously just laughable. Dude is NOT that good
smh.gif

Im trying to figure out why everyone is quick to call someone a homer.
I asked a question about Grant. I gave my reasons on why he should have jsut as much respect as Forte.

But then im accused of saying hes better then Gore, Jackson, and AP
roll.gif

You Bear fans are soo neeeddyy. You only listen when its something positive about your team.
I said from the beginning Forte is better, i also asked why does Grant get no respect. Then i say one good thing about Grant and one bad thing about Forte andyou guys are going crazy.

Its actually laughable. Its kinda like fishing, lets try it out. I make one negative comment, lets see what i catch.

Hester sucks at WR

Back
Top Bottom