2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

La Salle Officially bids Goodbye to UAAP MBB Season 72...

NU 63
DLSU 61

Ababou should thank NU
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by sickchasedsam

I guess DLSU doesn't deserve it after all (this season). sayang.
napansin ko sa team nila this season, walang puso! and besides from the start of the game you can tell NU wanted it more than DLSU, its not aboutbeing spoilers but more on Pride na din siguro on their part, NU with a much deserving win, mejo wala tuloy gana panoorin yung second game kasi wala ng bearingmore on momentum going to the final 4 na lang labanan pero so far ok naman ang game

yeah too bad green archers lost... anyway there's always next year and the team is still intact...

i still believe in the la salle system! next year will be a sight to behold!

animo!

Originally Posted by jepeh21

napansin ko sa team nila this season, walang puso! and besides from the start of the game you can tell NU wanted it more than DLSU, its not about being spoilers but more on Pride na din siguro on their part, NU with a much deserving win, mejo wala tuloy gana panoorin yung second game kasi wala ng bearing more on momentum going to the final 4 na lang labanan pero so far ok naman ang game
sobrang walang puso nga, masganado pa staff ng araneta
frown.gif

too bad for la salle. looks like NU wanted to get the win more than they do. the tigers had a breather
roll.gif

will ababou get the mvp..what do you think guys?
laugh.gif

i hope hermosisima blossoms into a star player, NU could really use a real go-to-guy next season.

btw where is he from?

Archers are still raw, from the start of the season, I didn't really expect them to enter the final four, mainly because Mangahas can't play wellduring big games, and since he's one of the veterans who we expect to step up, while Bagatsing on the other hand doesn't have enough experience as heonly has 2 year eligibility, but one thing is for sure, after this season, the rookies and sophs will play better come Season 73, this is the rebuilding stageof the Archers without a go-to guy compare to their previous rebuilding season, like 2003, wherein they still have Cardona and Yeo to rely on, overall theArchers did play well this season, they just need a leader who'll step up during crunch time.

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

Originally Posted by jepeh21

napansin ko sa team nila this season, walang puso! and besides from the start of the game you can tell NU wanted it more than DLSU, its not about being spoilers but more on Pride na din siguro on their part, NU with a much deserving win, mejo wala tuloy gana panoorin yung second game kasi wala ng bearing more on momentum going to the final 4 na lang labanan pero so far ok naman ang game
sobrang walang puso nga, masganado pa staff ng araneta
frown.gif
oo nga eh parang going through the motions lang on a big game like that, hindi sa minamaliit ko yung NU na team pero sa line ups pa lang andtalent alone eh talagang dehado sila sa dlsu pero ano nagyari, mas malaki ang puso pinakita ng NU nung laro kaya ayan tuloy nagyari, maski si franz parang kitamo sa start parang wala lang

Good defensive stop for RJ Jazul or Rey Guevarra for the Knights it's over. No chance for a win.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Parang 9/11bomb attack ang ginawa ng JRU sa Letran.

Mapua finally get a win over UPHDS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Ateneo-FEU games is going down the wire lamang FEU by 1 ngayun pero they need 4 more points to secure the 1st spot

Originally Posted by jeddahblaster

Final score: ateneo 74, feu 73

what a game, i was getting disappointed at one point on the 3rd quarter i think when FEU was up by 18 points and Rabeh flagued by foul problems, it was a totalteam effort starting the 4th down by 15 big points thanks to monfort's 3 at the end of the 3rd which took some momentum for ateneo entering the finalquarter. baclao played big with 17 huge rebounds mostly timely offensive rebound putbacks and jai with dagger 3's, what a game! i was actually hopingcervantes would make the FT and go to overtime.

jai reyes
pimp.gif

lebron soldier iii xdr
pimp.gif

anyone know where i can see ateneo game pics? looking to see the soldier iiis jai got on up close

What a game, decided by a missed free throw!
smokin.gif

I was actually hoping FEU would win by four, so it would still be a heartbreaking win for them.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by icebox15

Archers are still raw, from the start of the season, I didn't really expect them to enter the final four, mainly because Mangahas can't play well during big games, and since he's one of the veterans who we expect to step up, while Bagatsing on the other hand doesn't have enough experience as he only has 2 year eligibility, but one thing is for sure, after this season, the rookies and sophs will play better come Season 73, this is the rebuilding stage of the Archers without a go-to guy compare to their previous rebuilding season, like 2003, wherein they still have Cardona and Yeo to rely on, overall the Archers did play well this season, they just need a leader who'll step up during crunch time.
co sign. that role should've been filled up by mangahas and barua. like I said before Mangahas IMO has the potential and skill set to be agood player but it seems like there are times that he isn't confident enough and doesn't want it that much. Sayang lang ang potential nya. He has canshoot from the outside, can post up a bit, can penetrate to the hole but lacks confidence and the leadership quality of previous king archers. I expected himto break out this year since he's the next in line after rico and jv left and after seeing him play during the final four against feu last uaap 71. Is hestill eligible for next year? or has he already played 5 years?

As the others said, there are games na parang the team is just going through the motions. Right from the very start of the game against NU I felt DLSU came outflat and was not motivated to win just as how they played against AdU. The UP game was more of them having an off night.

One more thing about the archers is Coach Franz is not 100% going to come back next year coz he plans to run for congress. So who will the next coach be justin case? IMO Jack Santiago would be the guy to takeover. And one bright spot for next year is LA Revilla is coming back and so is the current rookies with oneyear experience tucked in their belts. IMO Marata would be the king archer in his 3rd year with DLSU, unless Norberto Torres is not all hype.

I think Mangahas still has 1 more year, only Bagatsing will be gone next year, hopefully the Archers will unload those players who they don't really needor those who don't really deserve to be in the time, there are bunch of players in Team B right now who are playing really well, who deserves more on thespot, as well as those who'll be graduating from DLSZ or LSGH, maybe Dindo Pumaren will be the head coach of the Archers if Franz leave.

I wonder why Mark Barroca seems to be left on the bench during crucial moments of FEU's games. In fairness to RR Garcia, the rook really has skills. ButIMO, Barroca is the best point guard in the UAAP right now. He should be playing instead of sitting...
indifferent.gif

What a game, decided by a missed free throw!
smokin.gif

I was actually hoping FEU would win by four, so it would still be a heartbreaking win for them.
laugh.gif
well the way the game ended masyado dikit ang laban para mangyari yun kaya nga kita sa huddle na talagang gusto lang nila maka 2 points para magovertime, kung 4 siguro lamang nila tapos pauos na oras mag intentional foul sila and pag naka shoot ateneo 2 or isa either make a 2 pt fgmor 3 pt fg for the 5point lead...

the uaap cheer dance competition is about to start. lets all give college hoops a break
laugh.gif

Woot Woot!!!

Nice One FEU!!!

I hope that the Cheerdance Results will be the same as the Basketball Tournament Results
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom