2009 UAAP-NCAA Thread

UST not winning is like Archers didn't able to be in the Final 4, this season is very memorable, a lot of firsts..
happy.gif

the difference is ust performed well enough to place, even win it... ang dlsu bball team didn't

good enought to beat uste twice, pero talo naman sa nu ahuhuhu!
frown.gif

congrats to ababou for winning the mvp (saved by the technical committee)

anyway...

laugh.gif

UAAP Season 72

Mythical 5

G - Paul Lee
G - Dylan Ababou
F - Elmer Espiritu
F - Aldrech Ramos
C - Rabeh Al-Hussaini

MVP - Dylan Ababou

ROY - Jeric Teng

Congratulations to those who won the awards, they really deserve it.

* I remember Dylan Ababou buying jerseys from me before he became a player in UST
happy.gif
a very humble player

Originally Posted by manilaboyxix

^
laugh.gif
dylan @ guard
That's where they put him...

For me here's my list:

G - Salamat
G - Lee
F - Ababou
F - Ramos
C - Al Hussaini

yeah, salamat could've been included in that list especially with his play the past few games.

Originally Posted by soul228

^
laugh.gif
dylan @ guard

For me here's my list:

G - Salamat
G - Lee
F - Ababou
F - Ramos
C - Al Hussaini
NCAA Mythical Five:

Point Guard - RJ Jazul
Off Guard - JM Wilson
Small Forward - Jimbo Aquino
Power Forward - Gio Ciriacruz
Center - Sudan Daniels

MVP - JM Wilson
Most Improve - JM Wilson
Rookie of the Year - Sudan Daniels

Originally Posted by soul228

^
laugh.gif
dylan @ guard

For me here's my list:

G - Salamat
G - Lee
F - Ababou
F - Ramos
C - Al Hussaini
agree with salamat, clutch player! i dont know why someone would even think of bringing the ball down against the guy! super fast hands
smile.gif

i think dylan is sooooo inspired this yr. good for him bec he really improved
roll.gif

congrats to all the playets who were awarded

Smart Gilas training really paid off for Ramos and Ababou, we've seen their improvements this year, I think Barroca was pressured this UAAP Season becauseof the what he showed when he suits up with Smart Gilas, starting from the exhibition game against Burger King, I remember him shooting against Arwind Santos

i heard RR Garcia was a transferee kaya di daw eligible for ROY, what school did he come from? thanks!

how the Man of Steal was left off of that all-UAAP team is beyond me.

UE doesn't deserve two players on the team. SMFH.

[h4]Late-game run fuelsLetran past Altas[/h4]
COLEGIO de San Juan de Letran bucked a sluggish start to pounce on University of Perpetual Help System Dalta, 80-60 in NCAA Season 85 action at the FiloilFlying V Arena last September 16.

RJ Jazul, who had a miserable first half, provided the much-needed baskets in the final quarter for the Knights, who outscored coach Boris Aldeguer'ssquad by 20 in the payoff period. Rookie Kevin Alas also came up big in the final 10 minutes, netting 10 of his game- and career-high 19 markers.

The Knights succeeded in limiting the output of Altas playmaker Chris Elopre, who only tallied two points in 27 minutes of action. In the fourth period,with 3:03 left, Elopre was thrown out of the game after an incident with Letran's Reymar Gutilban. Gutilban was also slapped with a technical foul, alongwith Jun-Jun Alas, who joined in the fray.

While Kevin Alas and Jazul combined for 21 fourth quarter points, Altas main man Raffy Ynion struggled. Jam Cortes joined the scoring attack for the 11-5Knights with 13 points and 11 rebounds. Perpetual Help back-up point guard Robin Roño led his squad with 15 points and five boards, with Ynion tallying 13markers and three boards.

Letran head coach Louie Alas, who captured his 100th career win as tactician, said, "We'll definitely not settle for a playoff. My teams [are] likethis, we'll struggle for sure coming off a loss but once we get the bearing, everything will follow. This is Kevin's breakout game, hopefully it'snot his last. When we got the breaks of the game in the second half, we got our rhythm already. RJ was not able to practice for two days due to food poisoning,then Rey, whenever he gets into foul trouble early, loses his focus. "

The scores:

Letran 80 - K. Alas 19, Cortes 13, Jazul 12, Guevarra 10, del Rosario 6, Belencion 5, J. Alas 4, Foronda 4, Gutilban 4, Datang 3.

Perpetual Help 60 - Roño 15, Ynion 13, Carullo 10, Salanga 7, Hainga 6, Sicat 4, Salvado 2, Elopre 2, Galabin 1, Vivero 0, Liaz 0.

Quarter scores: 16-20, 29-28, 48-48, 80-60.

Arriba Letran!!!!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm also hoping that the rumors are not true. It would be a shame if FEU finds itself in this situation once more, only a year removed from the gruesomeincident that involved Mac Baracael.

I cannot stress the word disappointed enough because this is truly what college basketball has turned out to be. After all is said anddone, this is, after all, still just a game.

bakit nga kaya??? kung pera naman eh ang daming income ni Baroc daig nya pa nag oopisina.
sa gamit libre din naman, swerte nga ang players ngayon.
May allowance na sa school may allowance pa sa bading hehehe.
Naalala ko tuloy yung kwento kay Jumbo Bolado, nasa FEU na sya nun nahuli syang nag mamarijuana
sa quarters kaya sya na sibak.

Back
Top Bottom