monday you do go hard at american whips though

what you think about this chevy?

2009CorvetteZR1Detroit.jpg

That's a beautiful car but I would still prefer this:

ir3io8.jpg

sick.gif
smh.gif
I love this thing.
i like NSX's...but da ZR1 eats its food like a sucker gettin herbed on riker's island.

I'm feeling the camaro but I don't believe it needs rims to look good if I owned one I'd leave it stock. 26's is OD but a nice staggered rimmight look alright.

Originally Posted by 10 Piece Nuggets

Basically, you lose HP with bigger, heavier rims. No need for that super scientific explanation.
laugh.gif
Basically, you aren't getting it. The 'loss' of horsepower used to find RWHP as calculated by the Dyno is not a real loss. It's areduction in acceleration, but that does NOT mean there is less power being produced.

Originally Posted by THockey66

Basically, you lose HP with bigger, heavier rims. No need for that super scientific explanation.
laugh.gif
Basically, you aren't getting it. The 'loss' of horsepower used to find RWHP as calculated by the Dyno is not a real loss. It's a reduction in acceleration, but that does NOT mean there is less power being produced.

CheckmateD.jpg

Originally Posted by THockey66

laugh.gif
Basically, you aren't getting it. The 'loss' of horsepower used to find RWHP as calculated by the Dyno is not a real loss. It's a reduction in acceleration, but that does NOT mean there is less power being produced.

Pretty much. I had a 2 paragraph post in mind, but you summarized it nicely. People need to realize that measuring "horsepower" at the wheels is notvery scientific. Measure the HP at the engine.

Here's an analogy. A sprinter runs a 4.3 in the 40m dash. Next time, he adds a 20 pound backpack (rims) and runs the 40m dash in 5.1 seconds.

The sprinter is still producing the same output of power because he did not get any stronger between the sprints, however his performance is beingeffected because the same power is now being used to move an object of greater mass.
Super scientific? I guess if high school physics are "super scientific"..........................................

Back
Top Bottom