2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by rck2sactown

Originally Posted by Statis22

The Dallas Mavericks are watching the Kevin Martin-Tyreke Evans backcourt situation with the Sacramento Kings and are willing to trade Josh Howard for Martin.

Marc Stein, writing for ESPNDallas.com writes: "Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that they are not ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation."

Stein also reports the Mavs could join the bidding for Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Washington's Caron Butler.

Previously, there's been rumblings of a Jose Calderon for Martin swap, but that has been widely panned.
Do that ##@ asap. anything to get Nocioni's contract outta there
laugh.gif
Where is Noc part of that trade though?

I understand not wanting to commit that much money to Hedo, that part made sense to me. I definitely saw Carter as an upgrade, but I didn't expect for himto shoot so poorly this season. I definitely think they can turn it around, but unless it's a surefire upgrade or improvement, I don't like changingthe chemistry on a team that made it to the Finals.

They got better on paper, but obviously that doesn't always translate to a better team.

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

The Dallas Mavericks are watching the Kevin Martin-Tyreke Evans backcourt situation with the Sacramento Kings and are willing to trade Josh Howard for Martin.

Marc Stein, writing for ESPNDallas.com writes: "Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that they are not ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation."

Stein also reports the Mavs could join the bidding for Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Washington's Caron Butler.

Previously, there's been rumblings of a Jose Calderon for Martin swap, but that has been widely panned.
laugh.gif
It was on ESPN. but nevermind an update just came up and said Mavs will only take Martin, and no other contracts........
smh.gif
if the Kings fall forthat

Originally Posted by Big J 33

I understand not wanting to commit that much money to Hedo, that part made sense to me. I definitely saw Carter as an upgrade, but I didn't expect for him to shoot so poorly this season. I definitely think they can turn it around, but unless it's a surefire upgrade or improvement, I don't like changing the chemistry on a team that made it to the Finals.

They got better on paper, but obviously that doesn't always translate to a better team.
I dont see how Vince was an upgrade over Hedo. Hedo proved that he was an excellent fit in the Magic's system. Vince was a huge question markcoming in and remains a huge question mark.

Vince does not provide the Magic with anything that Hedo didn't provide them with.

It was just an economics decision for Smith. He did not want to commit to Hedo for 5-years when he could bring in a 2-year replacement.

I think its too early to count the Magic out as they are still likely to finish 3rd in the East and they will be favorites over any 1st round opponent thatthey meet. Truth be told though, even if they still had Hedo, Lee and Alston, this team still likely would have trouble beating this year's Celtics or Cavsin the playoffs.

There was some talk down here about getting Iduodala down here but Dalembert probably gonna be included in the deal and he would be a real killer on the LTnext year and other teams would know it making it harder to flip him to avoid paying all that LT money.

Iguodala might be worth it but not for the future cap killer Dalembert would bring.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I understand not wanting to commit that much money to Hedo, that part made sense to me. I definitely saw Carter as an upgrade, but I didn't expect for him to shoot so poorly this season. I definitely think they can turn it around, but unless it's a surefire upgrade or improvement, I don't like changing the chemistry on a team that made it to the Finals.

I dont see how Vince was an upgrade over Hedo. Hedo proved that he was an excellent fit in the Magic's system. Vince was a huge question mark coming in and remains a huge question mark.
Exactly. Hedo was a perfect 2nd/3rd option for the Magic and fit right in. VC was a solid 1st optionearly on but not so much now, and he is not playing like a good 2nd or 3rd option on that squad. Unless he is able to elevate his level of play to be a worthy1st option, he will never fit in on this squad and will continue being a huge question mark on that team.

Dalembert would only kill the cap for another year after this season.

He could be a decent (but expensive) insurance policy in case Yao doesn't come back healthy.

Kevin Martin has few skills other than scoring. At best he can be the #3 option on a playoff team. This would be a good look for both sides in my opinion,especially for the Kings in terms of a money standpoint if Nocioni is involved.. Howard has been hampered by injuries this season and last season, but whenhealthy, he can be an integral part of a franchise.

However, Martin is younger than Howard, so I don't know. Now I like this deal for the Mavs more
laugh.gif

And he would be hard as hell to trade if it didn't work out either. The Rox spend but also on how it impacts the long term. IMO Yao hinders that too.

I would die if Josh went to Sac
laugh.gif
....he's gonna be pissed lmao....but that would be a good trade tho

Geoff Petrie ain't stupid. He's not trading straight up Martin for Howard. How people can complain about Martin's impact on the court when Howardhas arguably less of an impact and gets paid the same too baffles me.

In regards to Dalembert, he is having a decent season right now. The question has less to do with Dalembert's big contract, but really if the Rockets arewilling to give Yao a contract extension this summer... Honestly, the Rockets should go after Bosh rather than Iggy. Iggy is great, but haven't we seen abetter version of him couple years back in T-Mac? If they only played him...

I dont see how Vince was an upgrade over Hedo. Hedo proved that he was an excellent fit in the Magic's system. Vince was a huge question mark coming in and remains a huge question mark.

Vince does not provide the Magic with anything that Hedo didn't provide them with.

It was just an economics decision for Smith. He did not want to commit to Hedo for 5-years when he could bring in a 2-year replacement.

I think its too early to count the Magic out as they are still likely to finish 3rd in the East and they will be favorites over any 1st round opponent that they meet. Truth be told though, even if they still had Hedo, Lee and Alston, this team still likely would have trouble beating this year's Celtics or Cavs in the playoffs.

Even playing as bad as he is hes playing at Hedo's level from last year....

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Once again... all is quiet on the Chicago front...

How are you not even on the phone with T.O to guage there feelings towards a potential trade????

Organization full of penis heads I tell you
smh.gif

you cired last year about the bulls not been on the phone and we made some trades at the deadline

and there was reports last week the bulls and everyone else was looking at bosh

if you cant get bosh or trade hinrich for capspace then dont make any moves

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

I think its too early to count the Magic out as they are still likely to finish 3rd in the East and they will be favorites over any 1st round opponent that they meet. Truth be told though, even if they still had Hedo, Lee and Alston, this team still likely would have trouble beating this year's Celtics or Cavs in the playoffs.

Even playing as bad as he is hes playing at Hedo's level from last year....
Not really. The Magic had a much better record at this point in the season last year with Hedo than they do now with Vince. Of course you cantjust blame Vince for this but you cant deny that he's been a poor fit so far with the Magic.

laugh.gif
Hell no I want no part of Josh Howard as a kings fan......

Originally Posted by slickrick916

rck2sactown wrote:

Statis22 wrote:

Marc Stein, writing for
ESPNDallas.com
writes: "Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in
trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that
they are not ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation."

Stein also reports the Mavs could join the bidding for Philadelphia's Andre
Iguodala
and Washington's Caron Butler.

Previously, there's been rumblings of a Jose Calderon for
Martin swap, but that has been widely panned.
laugh.gif

Hell no I want no part of Josh Howard as a kings fan......

you talking like your teams good... ya need expirings.

We need to ship John Salmons ASAP to free up some $$ if we want any shot at offering anybody a big contract this summer...

Memphis Reportedly Shopping Rudy Gay

Yesterday, I wrote about the Grizzlies’ pursuit of Ronnie Brewer and heralded the new, more serious era for the Grizzlies. Well, it turns out I was wrong—apparently they’re interested in Brewer as protection if Rudy Gay walks away as an unrestricted free agent this summer.

But that’s not all. According to Chad Ford, Memphis is thinking about dealing Gay before the deadline:

One, Memphis is concerned that this summer a team flush with cap space will offer Gay (who will be a restricted free agent this summer) a huge contract that Grizzlies owner Michael Heisley will be unwilling to match. Two, the team, currently at 22-19, would love to make the playoffs and believes it’s a veteran defensive presence away from getting there.

While a number of teams would be interested in Gay, a rising talent at age 23, keep your eye on the Pistons. They have been hunting for the right trade in which to move Tayshaun Prince. If Prince is healthy (he has been battling back and knee injuries all season), he might fit the bill for Memphis—and the Pistons could throw in a lottery pick from this year’s draft to sweeten the deal.

A veteran defensive presence would be nice for a team that currently starts Gay and O.J. Mayo on the wings, but Prince might not be the answer. As Ford mentions, Tayshaun’s played in just nine games this year due to injury, and none since January 9. And even when he’s been in the lineup, his stats haven’t been terrific.

They’d be losing a lot by dealing Gay. He’s second on the team in scoring with 20.5 ppg, just .3 behind Zach Randolph for the team lead. Perhaps players like Mayo and Marc Gasol could pick up some of the scoring load, but the Grizzlies have a good thing going now and shouldn’t mess with it too much. Maybe I’m wrong, but I don’t see a Gay-less Memphis beating out a number of other qualified teams for one of the West’s final playoff spots.

It makes some sense to guard against losing one of your best players for nothing, and it’s always good to get an extra lottery pick. Yet there’s also something to be said for presenting your team as a legitimate option on the path of real progress. If Memphis trades Rudy Gay, they’d be putting that image in jeopardy.

Exactly what I feared about Rudy.
smh.gif

I know the Kings aren't good but what benefit does bringing Howard to the kings do for the team? We got tyreke, greene, noc, garcia, and casspi who play the 2 or 3 for us. Adding another wing is the last position we need. Expiring's are always nice but in this case it probably wouldn't help us. You know Howard isn't going to want to  resign with the Kings so we lose him in the offseason and probably won't have anything to show for it since it since we most likely won't be able to grab a all star type free agent with the money we get off the books from him. I'm open to trading Martin just not for howard. Give me either a legit pg, big man, or a lottery pick and young talent and I'll be happy. 

I'm kinda curious what you really expect to get for Kevin Martin...

Howard for Martin straight up I understand why you wouldn't want it... The Mavericks have to take on another contract to make that worth it for the Kings, but I don't see what else they can get for him that'll make a bigger impact than clearing salary...

Are folks really thinking the Kings are trading Martin to the Mavs for Howard? Howard's contract isn't even expiring. Mavs have nobody that the Kings really want because obviously Dirk isn't going to be traded. They have enough problems looking for a big man that can hang with the Lakers and everyone knows the Kings' big men aren't that good.

Howard's contract is expiring. Nobody is trading a legitimate big man for a guy that isn't an all-star... Even if the Mavs were willing to trade Dirk, it wouldn't be for Kevin Martin... Surely that's not the kinda pull Kings fans are hoping for? Do yall even really expect to get a potential superstar for Martin?

Honestly I don't really know what to expect in return for Martin. His stock has obviously fallen in the last year with all his injuries and some of his deficiencies being exposed as the the number 1 option on a team. But if I remember correctly his contract isn't too bad, is still young, and I feel like if he got traded to the right team he could really be valuable. And we (meaning the Kings) haven't really seen how he and Tyreke play together to see if they could work. So I'm not in a hurry to trade Martin. But if a trade was to go down say tomorrow, I would probably expect a future 1st round and an expiring or an all star type player in return who has more than 2 year on his contract (so that we can get a good player in return and not lose him to free agency after the season and end up with nothing). I read an article on ESPN a while ago on trade rumors for a bunch of teams and one came up for the Kings that I liked. it was for:
Kings give up:

Martin

Thomas (expiring)

Jazz give up:

NY's 1st round for next years draft

AK-47

Kyle Korver

Back
Top Bottom