2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

I agree with Allen, unless Jefferies or Curry is involved, I'd be surprised if Hill gets traded so quickly. Doesn't make sense.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

Originally Posted by jamergrady

I Don't want to be a Knicks fan.
frown.gif

Please Tracy go to the Bulls.
pimp.gif
then take the rockets sig out, and put a Tmac sig in.
Word. I have a feeling that our fanbase on here will shrink to just a few after a deal is done.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As a Wizards fan, I hope this goes through.....shedding salary is a must.  If they can do this and also get rid of Jamison, they'd be in a lot better shape going into the summer/next season. 

saw this on a wizards blog...and the trade works financially...

Wizards get:

Jordan Hill
Al Harrington
Cuttino Mobley

Knicks get:

Tracy McGrady

Rockets get:

Brendan Haywood
Caron Butler
Deshawn Stevenson

hmmm....
Link
The Knicks would only be saving some money from Hills contract. Harrington and Mobleys contracts end this season. Why do that trade? They need to get rid of Jeffries or Currys contract, those that extend after this season.

Originally Posted by sensation87

Originally Posted by 35KD

frown.gif

pimp.gif
I'm a big T-mac fan but this could possibly be good for him. Next year he stays w/ the Knicks and the Knicks pick up LeBron and Bosh/Stoudemire or whoever which = a championship
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
I don't see anyway the Knicks keeping Tmac after the season ends if the trade goes through. I don't think hes a draw to bring any marquee names in. They certainly wont pay him top player $$$ that I'm sure he'll demand.

Also, suppose the Knicks do get Lebron? Where would you play Tmac? You would have Lebron, Gallo, Chandler and Douglas all capable of playing sg/sf.
 If the Knicks get him. And don't wined up keeping him, then why get him in the first place.

There's other teams in the league that need him. And can utilize his ability

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif

jamergrady wrote:
 If the Knicks get him. And don't wined up keeping him, then why get him in the first place.
Like the Bulls.
devil.gif

The Knicks would get him if it means getting rid of a big contract.

frown.gif

pimp.gif
I'm a big T-mac fan but this could possibly be good for him. Next year he stays w/ the Knicks and the Knicks pick up LeBron and Bosh/Stoudemire or whoever which = a championship
nerd.gif
pimp.gif
I don't see anyway the Knicks keeping Tmac after the season ends if the trade goes through. I don't think hes a draw to bring any marquee names in. They certainly wont pay him top player $$$ that I'm sure he'll demand.

Also, suppose the Knicks do get Lebron? Where would you play Tmac? You would have Lebron, Gallo, Chandler and Douglas all capable of playing sg/sf.

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif
then it would be

1 - PG
2 - Chandler - Mcgrady
3 - Lebron / Gallo
4 - Lee
5 - C

Why would we add mobley's contract, if its insured and we're not getting rid of jefferies?

But if you switch jefferies and hill, that would be perfect for all 3 sides.

However, who would be the wizards center? way too many PFs with tawn, jefferies, and buckets. granted, all 3 can split some time at the 3, but eh?

im pretty sure most people would be happy though. make it happen morey/walsh.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

frown.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif
then it would be

1 - PG
2 - Chandler - Mcgrady
3 - Lebron / Gallo
4 - Lee
5 - C
Why waste money on Tmac? How much help does he really bring to the table? I'd rather they spend that money on starter hell at least someone who can stay on the court? A pg perhaps? You also have the Knicks resigning Lee?

McGrady on the Knicks would be for this year only....once that 20 mil is off the books, he'll be elsewhere.....

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

As a Wizards fan, I hope this goes through.....shedding salary is a must.  If they can do this and also get rid of Jamison, they'd be in a lot better shape going into the summer/next season. 

saw this on a wizards blog...and the trade works financially...

Wizards get:

Jordan Hill
Al Harrington
Cuttino Mobley

Knicks get:

Tracy McGrady

Rockets get:

Brendan Haywood
Caron Butler
Deshawn Stevenson

hmmm....

Link
#*+...i wouldnt even do Hill for McGrady straight up right now and u wanna see the knicks trade away buckets + mobleys insurance covered contract for him too

trade is straight up BangDak status
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by BangDak

Why would we add mobley's contract, if its insured and we're not getting rid of jefferies?

But if you switch jefferies and hill, that would be perfect for all 3 sides.

However, who would be the wizards center? way too many PFs with tawn, jefferies, and buckets. granted, all 3 can split some time at the 3, but eh?

im pretty sure most people would be happy though. make it happen morey/walsh.
Nice try.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nYcHipHopHippo

#*+...iwouldnt even do Hill for McGrady straight up right now and u wanna seethe knicks trade away buckets + mobleys insurance covered contract forhim too

trade is straight up BangDak status
laugh.gif
nah bro. if im making a trade, you know damn well im running away with highway robbery.

Even Donnie Walsh dont got *%#+ on me. im the best GM in this mother @%%#!!+ league
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

frown.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif
then it would be

1 - PG
2 - Chandler - Mcgrady
3 - Lebron / Gallo
4 - Lee
5 - C
Why waste money on Tmac? How much help does he really bring to the table? I'd rather they spend that money on starter hell at least someone who can stay on the court? A pg perhaps? You also have the Knicks resigning Lee?
^ That's what I'm think the Knicks don't need him even though I like that line up but let's be real it won't happen.

I would love to see him with the bulls which need him imo. D. Rose can't do it by him self. He need help from one of the greatest players to enter the NBA.(Tracy Mcgrady)

Plus the Knicks don't need to keep on adding big contract. so I think this trade will happen.

And Knicks ruin great player that come from the Rockets. I.E Steve Francis.

Why are Knick fans talking about TMac as if he would be on the team past this season?

Originally Posted by freshhh

Originally Posted by 22 Rather Unique 22

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

So you think the Warriors would do that trade?
roll.gif
no lets be serious, this trade is ridiculous 
laugh.gif

there is no way in hell the warriors front office can get away with trading monta, maggette and morrow (and i dont care about maggette at ALL)

and end up with richard jefferson and roger mason 
sick.gif

and sending all three to boston?
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
 %%@!.

i hate maggette and his contract, but i wouldnt sacrifice ellis to get rid of it.

boston would be gettin an absolute steal by only having to let go of ray allen

and spurs would be losing newly signed RJ and mason jr for basically an expiring contract. i dont see him dramatically changing their team.

plus you know warrior fans, theyd be 500 deep in front of the oracle 5 minutes after this trade goes live
laugh.gif

You think the Spurs would be sad about losing RJ?

frown.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif
then it would be

1 - PG
2 - Chandler - Mcgrady
3 - Lebron / Gallo
4 - Lee
5 - C
Yea, I like Lee alot.. VERY consistent vs any team in the league & he's out of his position. And i dont care we can trade away the whole team beside, Nate, Lee, Gallo, Chandler & Hill

8 players (More than half) on the team is in a 1 year contract so getting rid of them now won't be a difference. Also, Tmac worked out wit Tim, who worked with Wade, JOneal, Arenas & some others. So there's some hope in him being healthy and he haven't played since what? march? Thats alot of time to heal.. Well he played this season but that's not much

frown.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif
then it would be

1 - PG
2 - Chandler - Mcgrady
3 - Lebron / Gallo
4 - Lee
5 - C
Yea, I like Lee alot.. VERY consistent vs any team in the league & he's out of his position. And i dont care we can trade away the whole team beside, Nate, Lee, Gallo, Chandler & Hill

8 players (More than half) on the team is in a 1 year contract so getting rid of them now won't be a difference. Also, Tmac worked out wit Tim, who worked with Wade, JOneal, Arenas & some others. So there's some hope in him being healthy and he haven't played since what? march? Thats alot of time to heal.. Well he played this season but that's not much
Nate and Lee are in 1 year contracts as well.

Dont get me wrong I like Lee but he definitely isn't a top priority. I'd focus on getting the top tier players first: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, Dirk.
If they land 2 of those big names then I don't see them having enough money to resign Lee or Nate.
If they only end up with one of those big names I could see the Knicks resigning Lee.
If they dont get ANY of those top tier guys, the Knicks BETTER resign Lee.

frown.gif

pimp.gif
nerd.gif
pimp.gif

Like the Bulls.
devil.gif
then it would be

1 - PG
2 - Chandler - Mcgrady
3 - Lebron / Gallo
4 - Lee
5 - C

Nate and Lee are in 1 year contracts as well.

Dont get me wrong I like Lee but he definitely isn't a top priority. I'd focus on getting the top tier players first: Lebron, Wade, Bosh, Amare, Joe Johnson, Dirk.
If they land 2 of those big names then I don't see them having enough money to resign Lee or Nate.
If they only end up with one of those big names I could see the Knicks resigning Lee.
If they dont get ANY of those top tier guys, the Knicks BETTER resign Lee.
Yea we have to focus on getting the top tier players first.. Dirk is not coming here lol. No one wants to here it but i think Amare would come here before Bosh. (that's not saying i want that tho)
If we do land two... You better believe Lee will take that pay cut.
If we do end up with only one of course we will resign Lee.
If we dont get any of them idk what we're gonna do.. WE'LL HAVE TMAC!!!
laugh.gif
.. we could sign someone and still have $ for the following season

Unless Tmac is getting vets min., i hope he doesnt stay here.

im sorry yeup, but i never like your lineups.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
\

They just dont see to work out imo.

lol its all good jamergrady like the line up..whats wrong with it?

PG  -
SG - Chandler - McGrady
SF - James - Gallo
PF - Lee
C -

Chandler/James/Lee is better than Parker/James/Varejao

Ehh let's leave the potential NY free agent talk for the Knicks thread.

A lot of the variables can't even be decided right now, and that's what the focus should be, the trade deadline.

T-Mac to NY is fine so long as Hill isn't involved. Makes no sense to give up a prospect for another expiring, unless it's involving Jefferies or Curry.

jamesmcgrady likes anything as long as tmac is getting PT.
laugh.gif

I honestly dont know, its just something about that lineup doesnt seem to work out.

and i dont want to give up any prospect just for an expiring, unless its nate.

tmac and mike james to knicks, harrington and hughes and 2nd round pick from rockets to wizards, butler haywood to rockets.

then walsh works his magic and trades jeffries, mobley, and 1 of our 2nd round picks to bobcats for DJ augustin and _________

then in 2010 we sign lebron to the max, resign lee for like 8 mill per, and since every other FA will resign to their current team we overpay mcgrady.

PG- augustin - douglas
SG- mcgrady - chandler
SF-lebron - gallo
PF- lee
C- hill

Back
Top Bottom