2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

tmac and mike james to knicks, harrington and hughes and 2nd round pick from rockets to wizards, butler haywood to rockets.

then walsh works his magic and trades jeffries, mobley, and 1 of our 2nd round picks to bobcats for DJ augustin and _________

then in 2010 we sign lebron to the max, resign lee for like 8 mill per, and since every other FA will resign to their current team we overpay mcgrady.

PG- augustin - douglas
SG- mcgrady - chandler
SF-lebron - gallo
PF- lee
C- hill
sigh

Mike James a 3rd go with the Rox?
laugh.gif

My dude T-mac just needs more minutes. Once he starts playing, he's gonna surprise everyone I already know
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Ballinsam23

tmac and mike james to knicks, harrington and hughes and 2nd round pick from rockets to wizards, butler haywood to rockets.

then walsh works his magic and trades jeffries, mobley, and 1 of our 2nd round picks to bobcats for DJ augustin and _________

then in 2010 we sign lebron to the max, resign lee for like 8 mill per, and since every other FA will resign to their current team we overpay mcgrady.

PG- augustin - douglas
SG- mcgrady - chandler
SF-lebron - gallo
PF- lee
C- hill

6a00d83451b8c369e2012876d8a2d5970c-800wi

The Knicks will NOT resign Tmac if they trade for him! How many times does that have to be posted? Knicks dont want him for his talent, they want him for his expiring contract. The Knicks wont make any trades unless it decreases their payroll. Your trade is basically getting rid of players whose contracts all end at the end of the year.

The Augustin trade wont happen because the salaries wont match. Who else would the Bobcats give up?

Lee aint resigning for less than 10mil per. He was originally looking for 14mil per. Why not overpay someone who doesn't get injured often and wont take playing time from Gallo/ Chandler? Id rather overpay Haywood than overpay for Tmac. At least you would have a starting center and have Lee play his natural position (if they do decide to resign Lee)

Heat continue to pursue Stoudemire
Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players (Michael Beasley(notes), Dorell Wright(notes)) and expiring contracts (Jermaine O’Neal(notes) and Quentin Richardson(notes)). The Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

It don't but like every season... just wait for one to trade to go down.. then youll hear about another 4

It seems like nothings happening anytime soon.

If anything, Iggy to the Suns seems real close.

If Lee is asking 10mil, he can kick rocks. 7mil, and its a deal.

and obviously the DJ trade would be bigger.

Wh6 do the Knicks hate Lee so much? Hes a bonifide hooper. Is there something IM not understanding? Double Doubles, everything. If youre hoping to bring a super star there, dont you think youll need him to help attract??

Although i'm a big stat fan

that Beasly, o Neal, q rich, and a pick

seems reasonable if he's going to bolt

more depth

I doubt o Neal fits the system, b easy doesn't d up anyway so he's perfect

Who hates Lee? dont put words into my mouth.

If im dallas, i would have took that deal and ran. do they really think they can get a upcoming superstar for him?

Originally Posted by marionthebarberian

Dallas declined a Josh Howard for C.Butler and stevenson.

Man I dont believe it, or cant believe it. Maybe Dallas really thinks theyre gonna land someone this summer, idk. How much does Caron make btw?

Originally Posted by Mr Kuter

marionthebarberian said:
Dallas declined a Josh Howard for C.Butler and stevenson.

Man I dont believe it, or cant believe it. Maybe Dallas really thinks theyre gonna land someone this summer, idk. How much does Caron make btw?

she said the reason the Mavs declined was because we do want stevenson.

As a Suns fan -- it's tough to accept any trade scenario knowing how amazing Amare is and what he is capable of.

But the Heat seem to be willing to give us what I believe we need the most... young talent.  Beasley has terrific upside and I'd love to see his game grow with Nash spoon-feeding him easy baskets.  That Miami pick looks real good at this point in time, but once Stoudemire is on board I believe their record will look much different by the end of the year.  Then you throw in the expiring contracts of O'Neal and Richardson, which gives us a shot at signing a decent FA for next season and the trade seems to be pretty balanced.

I'm glad I'm not Steve Kerr; he's in a rough situation trying to move one of the better front-court players in the league-- knowing he's damned if the does, and damned if he doesn't.

why do people Think TMac is a salary dump for the knicks if Hughes and Harrington are the ones being traded??????

That's only the case if Jeffries is involved, which I hope he is.

I dont think it's extreme to think TMac could possibly be re-signed. It's his preferred destination PAST this year.

and the knicks dont dislike Lee...it's just why lock into a deal with him this past summer, when the future is uncertain?

Originally Posted by BangDak

If im dallas, i would have took that deal and ran. do they really think they can get a upcoming superstar for him?
Why take on Stevenson's contract for a player that isn't gonna put you firmly in Denver and LA's class? Makes no sense to do that.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Originally Posted by BangDak

Why take on Stevenson's contract for a player that isn't gonna put you firmly in Denver and LA's class? Makes no sense to do that.

aint he also an expiring contract?

I think Dallas could at least be on Denver's level if they got Caron.

Dirk, Caron, Matrix, Kidd, Damp, Gooden, JET, Roddy and whoever else.

Another year at almost $5M... It's not that bad, but I still wouldn't want it.

Are you kidding me?

They're willing to take on a player like Matt Carroll for Ryan Hollins, but they won't take on DeShawn for Caron Butler?

Get the hell out of here..

You have to make a trade. We WOULD be good enough to compete with Denver, LA I don't think , but still, if you can make a move to make you better, you do it with this team.

Back
Top Bottom