2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by BangDak

It seems like nothings happening anytime soon.

If anything, Iggy to the Suns seems real close.

If Lee is asking 10mil, he can kick rocks. 7mil, and its a deal.

and obviously the DJ trade would be bigger.

But Im saying though, is he really not worth 10?? 10 seems quite reasonable honestly. Is he just a product of hte system and I dont realize it? Im in LA so I never see a Knicks game.

Caron is such a huge upgrade over J Howard that I think taking stevenson's contract is worth it. Especially cuz Kidd's 20mill is coming off the books this summer anyway, so who cares. Seems like a easy trigger

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

They took on Carroll to dump Diop... Not for any other player.
Yeah and we got rid of a player we could have used. It was basically a swap, Diop's contract wasn't that much worse than Carroll's.

Yeah we got Ryan, but he was very raw, still is, and he's not here anymore.

What's eating another 5 million if we're just going to waste another year?

I HOPE we're just playing hardball to get Haywood as well, since we know he can be had.

It's not the best deal right now, but if we don't make a deal, it's going to be a VERY UGLY second half of the season. This deal > no deal.

Diop's contract got more expensive whereas Carroll's gets less expensive annually... Diop would cost the Mavs nearly $8M more between this year and the next two and he wouldn't play any more than Carroll does... That deal was a great move financially for the Mavs, nothing more nothing less... Hollins was just a throw in that worked out decently for about 20 games, and he made less than $1M anyways so it didn't matter...

I can see why they wouldn't want to make this deal... At least not right now. There's still time to explore other options before the deadline... You offer this to Washington 10 minutes before the clock strikes zero and they still accept it.

Originally Posted by BOLT55

Anything new on the Raptors moving Bosh?
It's not gonna happen unless somebody blows them away... They'll hold on for dear life and take their chances...

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Diop's contract got more expensive whereas Carroll's gets less expensive annually... Diop would cost the Mavs nearly $8M more between this year and the next two and he wouldn't play any more than Carroll does... That deal was a great move financially for the Mavs, nothing more nothing less... Hollins was just a throw in that worked out decently for about 20 games, and he made less than $1M anyways so it didn't matter...

I can see why they wouldn't want to make this deal... At least not right now. There's still time to explore other options before the deadline... You offer this to Washington 10 minutes before the clock strikes zero and they still accept it.
I hope that's what's going on. I just hope we don't sit too long and then Washington deals with Houston and then we're stuck and screwed with Josh Howard. I think we both agree that this team HAS to move Josh or else this is going to be an ugly second half of the season.

I'm a huge Caron fan, always have been. I think he's the best fit for us right now, although he's a bit big for SG, but he can slide to SF if Marion needs rest, or Dirk gets in foul trouble and we need Marion at the four. Iguodala is great athletically, and he's young, but for this team, right NOW, we need someone who can get it done defensively, in the paint, and be consistent, and I think Caron can bring that.

If we do get Haywood, that is a team I would LOVE to see in the Playoffs. If we make it to the WCF, it'd be fun to see if we could pull of the upset.

I just want to make a move, we need it.

^thats the right move keeping bosh.

I dont understand why they're trading haywood. hes their only freaking center, and an expiring.

Unless you're giving the Wizs young talent, i dont see Haywood being moved. Ill take that Josh Howard deal and run. Carons the best you'll get, or do the mavs really think they're going to get lebron
laugh.gif

RealGM blurb talking about Cle intensifying talks, wanting Det + Hou to get involved. Problem is, ain't nobody wants over the hill Rip Hamilton

Originally Posted by BOLT55

Anything new on the Raptors moving Bosh?
If you guys would've paid attention to Raptor fans since the beginning of the season you would've known that the team isn't going to trade Bosh during the season.

The team needs to make the playoffs for business reasons...to make some extra home playoff revenue and to keep fan interest high for the 2010/11 season (making the playoffs this year = higher ticket prices and more season tickets sold next season).

Also, the Raptors have a legit chance of resigning Bosh. They can offer him the most money, he could call the shots around here and he'd remain as the team's #1 option. I'd say that its a complete toss-up right now as to whether or not he stays when July rolls around.

Originally Posted by franchise3

RealGM blurb talking about Cle intensifying talks, wanting Det + Hou to get involved. Problem is, ain't nobody wants over the hill Rip Hamilton
indifferent.gif

Rip is over the hill?

Frankly, I'd be shocked if they went the Igoudala route... They're not gonna burden themselves with a bad contract and kill their flexibility...

If all these cap changes and labor agreement rumors go into place, we'd be flat out stuck with Iggy...

Rip isn't the same Rip of old, and he has 3 years left on his deal I believe. With the new collective bargaining agreement upon the NBA, ain't no squad want to be paying Rip 15M+ for the next 3 years. Rip brings nothing to the table for a young Houston team.

It's one thing for a team to swallow an AI2 for the next 4 years, but it's completely different trying to tack on Rip for another 3.

And the Rockets aren't expecting a superstar in return. But Knicks fans actually think they can unload Curry or Jeffries without giving up a Jordan Hill or a Wilson Chandler or Mobley's contract along with them.

No one thinks we're dumping Curry.

Why do all of you make it seem so damn impossible to trade jefferies? Kings were interested last year, and Memphis? was somewhat interested with him and nate, correct me if im wrong. too bad the trade was vetoed by nate.

I dont mind trading Mobley with Jefferies. you're basically earning 3mil in return. im just assuming no team has the asset to give up 15mil. in expirings.

Taking on Iguodala aint the problem, its taking on Dalembert with it and paying LT money after the season unless Scola and Lowry are renounced that's the issue.

Im starting to come around that they might not trade him at all because they aint hearing what they want to. Nobody wants to do business with Morey afraid of getting messes over lol.

Originally Posted by YEEUPP

Whats the chance Rockets buyout T-Mac's contract?
Let's just say you have a better chance of getting mauled by a brown bear and a Polar bear at the same time.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by h3at23

Heat continue to pursue Stoudemire
Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players (Michael Beasley(notes), Dorell Wright(notes)) and expiring contracts (Jermaine O’Neal(notes) and Quentin Richardson(notes)). The Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

The Rockets should buy out T-Mac's contract if he doesn't get traded after the trade deadline. He should sign with a contender too. Make it more interesting than seeing him play on the Knicks for half a season.

The Rockets should buy out T-Mac's contract if he doesn't get traded after the trade deadline. He should sign with a playoff contender too. Make it more interesting than seeing him play on the Knicks for half a season.

Back
Top Bottom