2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

eek.gif
(courtesy of my dude HighClassScumbag...)

In a dramatic move that would resuscitate their fading championship hopes, the Boston Celtics are discussing a deal with the Washington Wizards for forwards Antawn Jamison(notes) and Caron Butler(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

The proposed deal would send the expiring contracts of Ray Allen(notes), Brian Scalabrine(notes) and J.R. Giddens(notes) to the Wizards, a move that would signal the start of Washington’s rebuilding process.

Link

DC REALLY doesn't want Cleveland to win the chip'. 
laugh.gif

and this deal ain't dead yet....
Washington also discussing deal that would send Caron Butler and DeShawn Stevenson to Dallas for package including Josh Howard, sources say.

From Wojo's twitter...

if I'm the Wizards, I jump on the Celts deal NOW.

Hawks are looking at Kurt Thomas.

Bucks looking at Troy Murphy.

I don't think Cleveland can afford to miss out on Jamison or Murphy.

In a dramatic move that would resuscitate their fading championship hopes, the Boston Celtics are discussing a deal with the Washington Wizards for forwards Antawn Jamison(notes) and Caron Butler(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports on Friday.

The proposed deal would send the expiring contracts of Ray Allen(notes), Brian Scalabrine(notes) and J.R. Giddens(notes) to the Wizards, a move that would signal the start of Washington’s rebuilding process.

wow if that happens
eek.gif
...not only jamison but caron as well?

They can have Butler and Jamison. They fit right in the old and liable to break down anytime theme that Boston has going right now.
And I'm praying to God my dude Mike gets moved to PHX. Nash will have that boy looking like how he's supposed to.

Rondo
Butler
Pierce
Jamison
Garnett

sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif
IF they're healthy for the playoff run...

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

Originally Posted by h3at23

Heat continue to pursue Stoudemire
Miami Heat president Pat Riley has emerged as one of the most determined pursuers of Phoenix Suns forward Amar’e Stoudemire(notes), proposing several different packages that make available any of his players short of Dwyane Wade(notes), league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Heat have discussed several scenarios with the Suns, including packages that include combinations of young players (Michael Beasley(notes), Dorell Wright(notes)) and expiring contracts (Jermaine O’Neal(notes) and Quentin Richardson(notes)). The Heat are also willing to part with their 2010 first-round draft pick.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

wow if that happens
eek.gif
...not only jamison but caron as well?

The trade sounds
eek.gif
 on paper, but if it happens how will they all mesh? Not all of them can start, unless Garnett plays the 5, and the core players are all injury prone.

I would like it to happen though, just to see how it would all play out.

Perkins, KG, Pierce, Caron, Rondo starting with Sheed, Jamison, Daniels and House off the bench should be the rotation.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Perkins, KG, Pierce, Caron, Rondo starting with Sheed, Jamison, Daniels and House off the bench should be the rotation.

I figured that's would the rotation would be. Jamison wouldn't have a problem coming off the bench because he did it before, but would Caron be comfortable playing the 2? I may be mistaken but I thought he had a problem with that in past.

Doesn't Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison make over $20+ mil combined? How can Ray Allen plus 2 bums be enough to make that trade happen? Am I missing something here or are Celtics just willing to go over the luxury tax?

Originally Posted by Div1LBC

Doesn't Caron Butler and Antawn Jamison make over $20+ mil combined? How can Ray Allen plus 2 bums be enough to make that trade happen? Am I missing something here or are Celtics just willing to go over the luxury tax?
isnt ray gettin like 13-14 million?? it adds up....scal making 3 mill i think 
but the bench will be perkins, house, daniels, big baby, allen, and etc...

not bad 

Ray makes 18 and change

Scale makes almost 4

giddens is a rookie contract

Caron and Jamison together make about 22 and change.

Deal works out for both teams money wise. plus it works in the trade machine on espn.

Jamison and Caron make about $21M together.

Allen makes $18M by himself
eek.gif
, Scal makes $3M and Giddens makes a $1M.

It makes them an interesting team in terms of matchups.

And if KG needs to rest, they have twan there till playoff time when KG can play a full slate.

I like the move for both teams. Caron might even be his old self again with the change.

Dangerous team at that point.

thats crazy at Ray's contract...

So the fat past-their-prime contracts are up after this season are:
Ray Allen 18 mil
TMac 22 mil
Bobby Simmons 11 mil
Brad Miller 12 mil

laugh.gif
They don't wanna deal with the rest of Antawn's contract... Can't blame them...

Back
Top Bottom