2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Morey has made it known no Jeffries (
pimp.gif
)

So 3rd team or Harrington, Hughes, Mobley, etc

No way I support giving up Hill for T-Mac unless Jefferies or Curry is involved.

Trading a prospect and our 1st rounder for just another expiring is a waste.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Morey has made it known no Jeffries (
pimp.gif
)

So 3rd team or Harrington, Hughes, Mobley, etc

No, Jefferies is def. invovled. whats the point in trading expirings for expirings, with an insured contract along with it? as well as our lottery pick?

sure we're getting rid of blackholes, but it doenst help us THAT much.

Morey is a good GM, but hes a fool if he thinks he can pull that off.

Well, go peep the NY Times. Two sources have told them the Knicks are pursuing TMac, and Washington as a possible 3rd team is dead since the Caron trade. Morey isn't interested in Curry or Jeffries. Then you have Aldridge saying tonight it's 50/50 TMac ends up in NY.

All signs point to no Jeffries
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'd cut and paste the article but I'm on my BB.

Walsh, Morey, and Tellum, TMac's agent spoke today trying to do a deal without a 3rd team.

So no Jeffries or Curry = a combo of Harrington, Mobley, Hill, Hughes, etc

Yeah, Harrington might be going as well, but again that doesn't make sense (for the Knicks). Trading away expiring for expiring won't really benefit us much, although it would benefit the Rockets, because they could actually play Harrington.

Definetly right now the players who would be moved has to be Hughes and Jefferies. I mean a lot of other player would be involved as well, such as Wilson Chandler and David Lee but I don't see that happening. If Jordan Hill isn't involved then it would have to be David Lee, but the Rockers are interested in Hill supposedly.

w8omrr.png

[h1]Knicks Said to Renew McGrady Bid, but Math May Not Work[/h1]ARLINGTON, Tex. — Four days before the N.B.A.’s trading deadline, the Knicks have renewed efforts to acquire the former All-Star Tracy McGrady from the Houston Rockets, according to two people close to the talks.

There were substantive discussions on Sunday between the Knicks’ president, Donnie Walsh; Rockets General Manager Daryl Morey; and McGrady’s agent, Arn Tellem, according to the people, who did not want to be identified discussing the negotiations.

The Knicks and the Rockets are trying to make the trade without the assistance of a third team, but the Knicks may not have the pieces necessary. There is also the challenge of matching McGrady’s $23 million salary.

Any deal for McGrady would involve some combination of Knicks with expiring contracts — Al Harrington, Larry Hughes, Darko Milicic or the retired Cuttino Mobley — and a young player, possibly Jordan Hill, the Knicks’ 2009 lottery pick.

The Knicks would prefer to unload Jared Jeffries or Eddy Curry to clear more salary-cap space this summer, but the Rockets are also protective of their cap room and have no interest in either player.

McGrady, 30, played in only six games this season before the Rockets decided to send him away and announced they would try to trade him. McGrady, who is trying to come back from major knee surgery, complained in December that he needed more playing time, a request the Rockets were unwilling to meet.

A seven-time All-Star, McGrady has averaged 21.9 points, 6.1 rebounds and 4.7 assists in 13 seasons. However, he has played only 107 games over the last three years because of injuries.

Several other teams are pursuing McGrady to gain cap relief from his expiring contract. The trading deadline is Thursday.

Getting rid of Jordan Hill eh?

I mean I get it....because of Tracy McGrady's contract, but high draft picks are just being tossed around like nothing
smh.gif

It boggles my mind how Larry Hughes make so much, dude hasn't done anything that impressive in his career for a few years now

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

Larry earning 14 million this year?
smh.gif

You can thank the cavaliers for that

Originally Posted by JPZx

Getting rid of Jordan Hill eh?

I mean I get it....because of Tracy McGrady's contract, but high draft picks are just being tossed around like nothing
smh.gif

That's the thing, we never got to really play Jordan Hill as much as we'd like. I don't mind letting him go though, because we could actually use Tmac
laugh.gif

Say what you want about Hill, or how they should have drafted someone else, or whatever, it makes zero sense to give up on a prospect this early without shedding additional salaries of Curry or Jefferies.

I've been supportive of Walsh and I bought into the rebuilding, but I'd draw the line here. No way you give up on a lottery pick his first year for an aging T-Mac without getting rid of bad contracts.

arzi1.png

This would be my IDEAL trade. I know every Knicks fan would LOVE this trade as well
pimp.gif

We all know this will never happen, but a dude can dream right?
laugh.gif

^^I DID NOT POST THAT TRADE UP IN THE NY KNICKS THREAD.

I REPEAT, I DID NOT POST THAT TRADE UP IN THE NY KNICKS TREAD.

THAT WAS ALL HIM.

and, i rather stand pat. !+#+ this two max free agents !*$$. but then again, mike's "ego" would never bench duhon, and buckets. hughes too.

Originally Posted by Statis22

Mac, Scola, and Cook for Hill, Gallo, Hughes and Jeffries.

Get r dun.
No way that trade is going down, we would never give up Gallo for almost nothing. You guys aren't even using Tmac
laugh.gif

i dont understand the reason why the bulls want to move TT so much, except to give more time for Taj.

first rounder + expirings is a great deal for them though.

acie law can be your backup point, and is it flip murray? if so, he can score in bunches when needed. good role player off the bench imo. inconsitent, but hes solid.

Somebody post up the Chad Ford article about Amare to the Cavs.

Talking about the Cavs could get Amare, and then deal Shaq for Murphy or Jamison.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
if that happens. Fit them for rings if they can pull that off, and, IN for Shaq's reaction if he gets traded to the Wiz or Pacers.

If we give them Mobley's contract, they HAVE to take Jeffries. I can understand not taking Curry. Jeffries plays good D.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Somebody post up the Chad Ford article about Amare to the Cavs.

Talking about the Cavs could get Amare, and then deal Shaq for Murphy or Jamison.

eek.gif
laugh.gif
if that happens. Fit them for rings if they can pull that off, and, IN for Shaq's reaction if he gets traded to the Wiz or Pacers.
roll.gif

Rockets GM thinks he's a G... dude do not play TMac & wants the #8 pick for him
indifferent.gif
.. If the trade dont go down im sure we'll get McGrady in the summer anyway
\
+ I think the Amare deal is already done, they just didnt want to confirm it yet because of the All star Game.. unlike the Dallas-Wiz trade.. no all stars involved.

Back
Top Bottom