2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Whether Toney freakin Douglas is there next year or not, 23 would be available if God blessed them with a miracle.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Bang, you's my dude, but I'm pretty sure Morey won't tack on Jeffries.
laugh.gif

I'm not expecting the world for TMac, but, let's look at it.

1. Do nothing, let TMac come off the books for themselves and use that $ to resign Scola + Lowry

2. Do nothing, and buy TMac out.

3. Make a trade with NYK and tack on Jeffries' contract for another year.

2 out of 3 makes sense. 1 does not. So, I don't see how Morey budges.
While I agree, I don't get the Knicks giving up a young prospect without tacking on Jefferies as well.  Yeah T-Mac would vastly improve the Knicks team this year but if he's a part of the big picture, then they can just sign him in the offseason.  Despite McGrady helping this team now, I don't approve of giving up Hill, Chandler, Gallinari, only to exchange equal expiring contracts.

Originally Posted by diew its james

any updaates on the amare situation?

From what I read from ESPN insider and other places, the hickson/Z deal is the fallback plan for PHX, but they are waiting for better offers around the league. They really want Iguodala.

The thing with the 76er's deal with Amare & Iggy is that they would make the deal ASAP...If he promises he'll resign with them in the offseason. Whats the point of trading your best player (Sixers) if the player in return is only there for 3 months (Amare) and you may not even make the playoffs anyways? It'll be a lose-lose situation for the Sixers and a Win-Win for the Suns.

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

They only want to get rid Toney so 23 is available for next season..
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Whether Toney freakin Douglas is there next year or not, 23 would be available if God blessed them with a miracle.
Bron said he's changing to #6 next season. Whether he actually will do I don't know, but that's what he said earlier this season.

Originally Posted by JPZx

Originally Posted by RetroBaller

They only want to get rid Toney so 23 is available for next season..
Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

Bron said he's changing to #6 next season. Whether he actually will do I don't know, but that's what he said earlier this season.
i thought of that after i clicked on the post button
laugh.gif

Cleveland Broussard says that talks have gotten 'serious' between PHX and CLE, so take it with a grain of salt

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

From what I read from ESPN insider and other places, the hickson/Z deal is the fallback plan for PHX, but they are waiting for better offers around the league. They really want Iguodala.

I like the three-way trade I've read about the best. It ends up helping Phoenix, Cleveland, and Philly.

Phoenix gets Iggy/Dalembert. Philly gets Barbosa/Hickson/Big Z. Cleveland gets Stoudemire.

That way, Philly gets some young talent and doesn't have to fear Amare walkin' out on them at the end of the season.

if you really believe TMac has something left, and deal Toney..okay...I can accept that and see what happens.

Jordan Hill? Um, no.

I'd be done.

Guarantee you Ainge will make a huge move:
The rumor out of Dallas was that Boston hasdiscussed a deal with Golden State that would send Ray Allen, KendrickPerkins, and J.R. Giddens to the Warriors for Monta Ellis and AndrisBiedrins.

The trade is cap friendly and it was just one ofthe rumors floating around this past weekend. It was reported thatBoston has also reached out to Sacramento and Philadelphia as theycontinue to shop Allen for younger talent.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

I like the three-way trade I've read about the best. It ends up helping Phoenix, Cleveland, and Philly.

Phoenix gets Iggy/Dalembert. Philly gets Barbosa/Hickson/Big Z. Cleveland gets Stoudemire.

That way, Philly gets some young talent and doesn't have to fear Amare walkin' out on them at the end of the season.

That trade doesnt work

Edit:  With a throw in like Jawad Williams it does.  Nevermind.

The dominoes should start really rolling now, I think all the contenders are going to be making moves. I wonder if the Lakers are still interested in Hinrich?

Monta is a chucker so I don't know how well he would integrate. And Perkins is one of the best defenders in the league, bringing in Biedrins frail self doesn't seem like an upgrade.

I don't see the egos in Boston allowing Monta to do much of anything, anyway. Would Pierce and KG be OK with Ellis chucking on a nightly basis?

Originally Posted by Durden7

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

That trade doesnt work

Edit:  With a throw in like Jawad Williams it does.  Nevermind.

Not every trade has to pass ESPN's Trade Machine to be accepted by the NBA...
laugh.gif

JJ Hickson and Ilgauskas for STAT doesn't get "approved" either.

Ellis was a statistical(efficiency wise) monster when he had Baron running the point on that pretty stacked GS team w/JRich, Stack Jack, etc. Ainge has a ton of confidence that Doc can control personalities and keep them in check. I'd have to agree with him because he maxed out the talent on the roster by taking Orlando to 7 w/out KG and insane Marbury on the team. The team also looked smooth as hell on the court, even though there was a rift between the old and young guys.

And I'd take Biedrins over Perk. Perk is a good man to man defender, but his offense is pitiful.

The problem is that the deal would put us at an unmanageable payroll number for next season. Our ownership wouldn't sign off.

BET, if monta gets traded to Boston (hoping he doesnt ), but if he does he wont put up as many shots as he does now. He will find his role as the 2nd, maybe 3rd scorer like he did when Baron and Jackson were on GS
And I'd take Biedrins over Perk. Perk is a good man to man defender, but his offense is pitiful

Sorry bro, you think Beidrins is better on offense?
laugh.gif

Monta playing a fewer minutes and not having to carry as big a load is a much, much better player...

He'd be very nice in Boston.

Big J makes the point i was trying to say. im just not good at expressing my thoughts
laugh.gif

i like that 3way deal with philly/clev/suns. it actually makes sense.

but beans has a better offensive game then perkins?
roll.gif
roll.gif

thats a good deal for both teams imo. i was always a fan of that ray allen for monta deal. only problem is, GS is going to overpay some bum with that cap space
smh.gif
smh.gif

Murphy Is Cleveland's Plan B
Feb 15, 2010 7:39 AM EST
If the Cavaliers aren't able to work out a deal with the Suns for Amare Stoudemire, they'll focus their attention on Indiana's Troy Murphy.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Cavaliers and Pacers have agreed on a deal should Cleveland's pursuit of Stoudemire come up empty.

Cleveland would ship Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Indiana for the power forward.

The Pacers may then waive Ilgauskas.

from the LA Times

if we give up jj for murphy i will be heated.....z straight up for murphy or done make that deal

Back
Top Bottom