2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by diew its james

any updaates on the amare situation?

From what I read from ESPN insider and other places, the hickson/Z deal is the fallback plan for PHX, but they are waiting for better offers around the league. They really want Iguodala.

I like the three-way trade I've read about the best. It ends up helping Phoenix, Cleveland, and Philly.

Phoenix gets Iggy/Dalembert. Philly gets Barbosa/Hickson/Big Z. Cleveland gets Stoudemire.

That way, Philly gets some young talent and doesn't have to fear Amare walkin' out on them at the end of the season.

if thats all philly gets them fans better burn that arena down.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

Originally Posted by agold1002

roll.gif
When the hell did JJ Hickson become an All-Star? Dude is ok, but not as nice as the Cavs seem to be trying to make him out to be. 

im saying that for murphy we shouldnt have to give up hickson and to stand on just giving z...

Murphy gives you guys an element that you don't have, a 4 who can stretch the floor ala Rashard Lewis. Can Hickson even shoot a jumpshot? All I've ever seen him do is dunk off of Bron's spoonfed passes or get putbacks. Murphy is an upgrade over JJ so I just don't see why they wouldn't do it, but I don't follow the Cavs extremely closely so I could be wrong.

dont get me wrong...i like murphy as a player and i think he would fit in but i dont think the cavs need to trade jj for him. z and picks should do it especially when it gets closer to the deadline.

Murphy Is Cleveland's Plan B
Feb 15, 2010 7:39 AM EST
If the Cavaliers aren't able to work out a deal with the Suns for Amare Stoudemire, they'll focus their attention on Indiana's Troy Murphy.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Cavaliers and Pacers have agreed on a deal should Cleveland's pursuit of Stoudemire come up empty.

Cleveland would ship Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Indiana for the power forward.

The Pacers may then waive Ilgauskas.

from the LA Times

if we give up jj for murphy i will be heated.....z straight up for murphy or done make that deal
i havent followed murphy since his warriors days. is he even a good player??

If the Cavaliers aren't able to work out a deal with the Suns for Amare Stoudemire, they'll focus their attention on Indiana's Troy Murphy.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Cavaliers and Pacers have agreed on a deal should Cleveland's pursuit of Stoudemire come up empty.

Cleveland would ship Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Indiana for the power forward.

from the LA Times

if we give up jj for murphy i will be heated.....z straight up for murphy or done make that deal

roll.gif
When the hell did JJ Hickson become an All-Star? Dude is ok, but not as nice as the Cavs seem to be trying to make him out to be. 

i agree. all these gms must really be ******ed. you saw that shot chart of jj. its not the cavs fault that these gms are stupid like that.

Reasons I want to trade Perk:

Bad fit with rondo. He can't run the floor, finish fast breaks, or finish pick and rolls and the opposing centers clog the lane which makes Rondo ineffective. Biedrins alleviates 3 of these problems.

His body language lately has been bad. He seems to care less and less and I don't know why.

He is due for a contract extension soon. He has 1.5 years left on his deal and will ask for big $.

Only young asset that other teams would want and will never be an All Star. There is nothing else this team can offer that would turn back a player like Ellis, Martin, or Iggy.

Patrick O'Bryant would put up similar offensive #'s. His NBA value is only on the defensive end...where he is great in man to man situations and as the last resort to stop drivers. His pick and roll defense is not great.

Biedrins may not be the answer, but this team needs to upgrade Ray Allen because he will ask for too much this summer and price himself out of Boston and we will be left with freaking Tony Allen playing the 2.

Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins and J.R. Giddens for Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes, Sergio Rodriguez and Kenny Thomas.

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

from the LA Times

Thats a pretty anti climactic move compared to the one for Stat. And its for the same players on top of that. If I were Cleveland/anyone affiliated with Cleveland I wouldnt have put that out there. Cuz if I were the Suns and I saw that Cleveland was giving me the same deal as for TM I would be like, %!!* it go take Murphy, or I would ask for a little more for Amare.

But that also prolly means that Stat is as good as gone if Cleveland is making backup move incase the Suns decide to go a different direction with Stat.
its being reported by the LA times so take it for what its worth.....
if thats the case, if i were the la times i would totally ++!* up the situation by saying cleveland's plan b would be a deal that would send hickson to sacramento for sean may
roll.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins and J.R. Giddens for Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes, Sergio Rodriguez and Kenny Thomas.

Just a thought.

Don't think Sacto would be down. They'd probably require us to take Nocioni.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Just a thought.

Don't think Sacto would be down. They'd probably require us to take Nocioni.
Swap out K9 for Noc and Hilton Armstrong for Hawes
pimp.gif
eyes.gif
throw in Bill Walker too
laugh.gif

if Z and JJ is enough to get Amare

why would the cavs have to give that up to get Murphy?

am i missing something?

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

am i missing something?

exactly what i was saying...lol

am i missing something?

I don't know man. I'm thinking they have to do something to try and appease LBJ to show him they're committed to trying to do everything possible to bring a title to Cleveland. And if Amare falls through, Thursday passes, and the Cavs haven't made a move and go on to not win the title, I don't think Bron will be to happy. Z is probably gonna get bought out in either case so basically it'll be JJ for Murphy/Amare. It's an upgrade either way so why not pull the trigger?

am i missing something?

dbl post

am i missing something?

I don't know man. I'm thinking they have to do something to try and appease LBJ to show him they're committed to trying to do everything possible to bring a title to Cleveland. And if Amare falls through, Thursday passes, and the Cavs haven't made a move and go on to not win the title, I don't think Bron will be to happy. Z is probably gonna get bought out in either case so basically it'll be JJ for Murphy/Amare. It's an upgrade either way so why not pull the trigger?

i think LBJ understands taht the cavs are looking around but in the recent weeks the reports said that the pacers wanted hickson, z and first round picks. I could understand the trade for z and hickson but if there are picks involved i am against it. i think its a reasonable trade if z returns but i would much rather have jamison or amare

am i missing something?
I think its cuz teams aren't really interested in anybody else besides Hickson (young, cheap) and Big Z (big expiring contract)

Knicks get: Tracy McGrady, Darren Collison and a first-round draft pick

Rockets get: Emeka Okafor, James Posey, Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry

Hornets get: Danilo Gallinari, Jared Jeffries and Darko Milicic

Crazy?

Did the Lakers offer guard Sasha Vujacic to Portland? According to Yahoo! Sports, the Blazers were saying over the weekend that they had a chance to land Vujacic.

One eastern executive was wondering if this could be part of a three-team trade with Lakers, Blazers and Bulls, which would send Tyrus Thomas and Vujacic to the Northwest, Kirk Hinrich to the Lakers and Adam Morrison and players from Portland to the Bulls.

"What has, or will kill this," one GM told the website, "is that Portland just won't take Vujacic on."

damn you sasha

Hornets aren't gonna be looking to trade Collison this year..... And I doubt they'd be looking to take on Jeffries either.

^Yes. The Hornets dont get a damn thing. Theyre giving up a lot of people. Does the math even work on that deal?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Knicks get: Tracy McGrady, Darren Collison and a first-round draft pick

Rockets get: Emeka Okafor, James Posey, Nate Robinson and Marcus Landry

Hornets get: Danilo Gallinari, Jared Jeffries and Darko Milicic

Crazy?
You, personally YOU, want to shed salary too?

I mean I don't see why you'd wanna get rid of Emeka knowing you guys don't really have another C.

And getting rid of a back-up PG for Peja's replacement I guess I can understand, I guess I just wouldn't do it.

Are you just saying that because you'd rather get rid of guys like that over David West?

Aren't you guys under tax threshold this year? I thought you guys did some trade that did that.

Back
Top Bottom