2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

And I'd take Biedrins over Perk. Perk is a good man to man defender, but his offense is pitiful.

Kendrick Perkins is better than Biedrins in every aspect of the game of basketball.

thats a good deal for both teams imo. i was always a fan of that rayallen for monta deal. only problem is, GS is going to overpay some bumwith that cap space

hopefully not if Ellison buys the team

Originally Posted by agold1002

Murphy Is Cleveland's Plan B
Feb 15, 2010 7:39 AM EST
If the Cavaliers aren't able to work out a deal with the Suns for Amare Stoudemire, they'll focus their attention on Indiana's Troy Murphy.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Cavaliers and Pacers have agreed on a deal should Cleveland's pursuit of Stoudemire come up empty.

Cleveland would ship Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Indiana for the power forward.

The Pacers may then waive Ilgauskas.

from the LA Times

if we give up jj for murphy i will be heated.....z straight up for murphy or done make that deal

roll.gif
When the hell did JJ Hickson become an All-Star? Dude is ok, but not as nice as the Cavs seem to be trying to make him out to be. 

If the Cavaliers aren't able to work out a deal with the Suns for Amare Stoudemire, they'll focus their attention on Indiana's Troy Murphy.

According to the Los Angeles Times, the Cavaliers and Pacers have agreed on a deal should Cleveland's pursuit of Stoudemire come up empty.

Cleveland would ship Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Indiana for the power forward.

from the LA Times

if we give up jj for murphy i will be heated.....z straight up for murphy or done make that deal
Thats a pretty anti climactic move compared to the one for Stat. And its for the same players on top of that. If I were Cleveland/anyone affiliated with Cleveland I wouldnt have put that out there. Cuz if I were the Suns and I saw that Cleveland was giving me the same deal as for TM I would be like, %@%* it go take Murphy, or I would ask for a little more for Amare.

But that also prolly means that Stat is as good as gone if Cleveland is making backup move incase the Suns decide to go a different direction with Stat.

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

BET, if monta gets traded to Boston (hoping he doesnt ), but if he does he wont put up as many shots as he does now. He will find his role as the 2nd, maybe 3rd scorer like he did when Baron and Jackson were on GS
And I'd take Biedrins over Perk. Perk is a good man to man defender, but his offense is pitiful

Sorry bro, you think Beidrins is better on offense?
laugh.gif

You don't understand how bad Perk is on O. His slow speed costs us so many pts. Just by being quicker and more athletic, Biedrins will be more effective on offense. Rondo and Perk are best friends off the court, but they are a terrible fit on the court.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

from the LA Times

Thats a pretty anti climactic move compared to the one for Stat. And its for the same players on top of that. If I were Cleveland/anyone affiliated with Cleveland I wouldnt have put that out there. Cuz if I were the Suns and I saw that Cleveland was giving me the same deal as for TM I would be like, %!!* it go take Murphy, or I would ask for a little more for Amare.

But that also prolly means that Stat is as good as gone if Cleveland is making backup move incase the Suns decide to go a different direction with Stat.

its being reported by the LA times so take it for what its worth.....

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

from the LA Times

Thats a pretty anti climactic move compared to the one for Stat. And its for the same players on top of that. If I were Cleveland/anyone affiliated with Cleveland I wouldnt have put that out there. Cuz if I were the Suns and I saw that Cleveland was giving me the same deal as for TM I would be like, %@%* it go take Murphy, or I would ask for a little more for Amare.

Agreed on both points.

Cleveland may already be lookin' for a Plan B.

Please let that mean Philly is now entertaining offers for Iggy.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

roll.gif
When the hell did JJ Hickson become an All-Star? Dude is ok, but not as nice as the Cavs seem to be trying to make him out to be. 

im saying that for murphy we shouldnt have to give up hickson and to stand on just giving z...

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

roll.gif

im saying that for murphy we shouldnt have to give up hickson and to stand on just giving z...

Murphy gives you guys an element that you don't have, a 4 who can stretch the floor ala Rashard Lewis. Can Hickson even shoot a jumpshot? All I've ever seen him do is dunk off of Bron's spoonfed passes or get putbacks. Murphy is an upgrade over JJ so I just don't see why they wouldn't do it, but I don't follow the Cavs extremely closely so I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

BET, if monta gets traded to Boston (hoping he doesnt ), but if he does he wont put up as many shots as he does now. He will find his role as the 2nd, maybe 3rd scorer like he did when Baron and Jackson were on GS
And I'd take Biedrins over Perk. Perk is a good man to man defender, but his offense is pitiful

Sorry bro, you think Beidrins is better on offense?
laugh.gif

You don't understand how bad Perk is on O. His slow speed costs us so many pts. Just by being quicker and more athletic, Biedrins will be more effective on offense. Rondo and Perk are best friends off the court, but they are a terrible fit on the court.

At least Perkins has a post game, Beans has like 1 move, spin right and hook.
laugh.gif

and hes 13% from the line

Just as surprising he's 3-23 is how is your starting C only shooting 23FT's up to this point? Mind bottling (I know)

This guy must have never seen Beans on offense.

Derek fisher and chris duhon can finish better then Beans around the rim. thats a huge statement right there.

And I'd take Biedrins over Perk. Perk is a good man to man defender, but his offense is pitiful.
roll.gif

The window is closing so fast on C's fans you're just talking outta your !++ now.

Perk's offense is so pitiful that he leads the league in FG%
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by bright nikes

roll.gif

The window is closing so fast on C's fans you're just talking outta your !++ now.

ohwell.gif
There's a difference between having offensive moves and being a able to convert close shots.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by bright nikes

roll.gif

ohwell.gif
There's a difference between having offensive moves and being a able to convert close shots.

Perk does have a decent post game though, at least from what I've seen of the C's this year. He's averaging 11 ppg. B doesn't have any offensive moves to speak of and is avg 6 ppg for the uptempo Warriors. No way in the world that Biedrins is better offensively than Perk.

Perk is leading the league in fg% because he gets so many dunks. It should be higher, but he misses so many bunny and 1 attempts and then kills us even more by being a 60% ft shooter. Ya'll act like I haven't seen every game in his damn career. I just looked at the stats and in post up situations, Perk barely edges Biedrins when it comes to points per possession. Perk shoots a higher %, but he turns it over 20% of his post ups, which is just atrocious.

I have seen Biedrins on offense and he is fast and athletic. Perk is just a big body that basket hangs. At least Biedrins being a big body that basket hangs can actually finish more often. I just worry that Biedrins hasn't looked right since the injury. Has he mailed it in since the extension or is he sick of Nelson?

if the suns are waiting for better offers for amare before they jump on hickson and Z, then the knicks should offer jordan hill and a filler (darko?) for amare.

jordan hill > hickson (or will be). i much rather trade hill for amare then hill for tmac. plus amare will most likely sign an extension with us

Guarantee you Ainge will make a huge move:
The rumor out of Dallas was that Boston has discussed a deal with Golden State that would send Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins, and J.R. Giddens to the Warriors for Monta Ellis and Andris Biedrins.

The trade is cap friendly and it was just one of the rumors floating around this past weekend. It was reported that Boston has also reached out to Sacramento and Philadelphia as they continue to shop Allen for younger talent.

damn boston is stupid. i would LOVE for kendrick perkins to come to the warriors

that trade would actually make g state better

Biedrins is such a bum
laugh.gif
. If the Warriors can move him AND Ellis, I will give up my SN. It would be the 2nd best day of the year.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Just as surprising he's 3-23 is how is your starting C only shooting 23FT's up to this point? Mind bottling (I know)
That's more of a
smh.gif
for the opposing teams. Dude's 3-23....you should do Hack-A-Andris every time he touches the ball.

Back
Top Bottom