2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

indifferent.gif
Sasha

laugh.gif
can't give the dude away. Come a long way since the "machine" days.

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Did the Lakers offer guard Sasha Vujacic to Portland? According to Yahoo! Sports, the Blazers were saying over the weekend that they had a chance to land Vujacic.

One eastern executive was wondering if this could be part of a three-team trade with Lakers, Blazers and Bulls, which would send Tyrus Thomas and Vujacic to the Northwest, Kirk Hinrich to the Lakers and Adam Morrison and players from Portland to the Bulls.

"What has, or will kill this," one GM told the website, "is that Portland just won't take Vujacic on."

damn you sasha

CRIES!! Damn Sasha...we just can't get rid of you. Kirk would be such a great fit in LA..DAMN IT! Why the hell did we re-sign the bum anyway?

Originally Posted by tupac003

Originally Posted by imINchucks5

Did the Lakers offer guard Sasha Vujacic to Portland? According to Yahoo! Sports, the Blazers were saying over the weekend that they had a chance to land Vujacic.

One eastern executive was wondering if this could be part of a three-team trade with Lakers, Blazers and Bulls, which would send Tyrus Thomas and Vujacic to the Northwest, Kirk Hinrich to the Lakers and Adam Morrison and players from Portland to the Bulls.

"What has, or will kill this," one GM told the website, "is that Portland just won't take Vujacic on."

damn you sasha

CRIES!! Damn Sasha...we just can't get rid of you. Kirk would be such a great fit in LA..DAMN IT! Why the hell did we re-sign the bum anyway?
Where the hell YOU been?

Originally Posted by Banks2Pierce

Reasons I want to trade Perk:

Bad fit with rondo. He can't run the floor, finish fast breaks, or finish pick and rolls and the opposing centers clog the lane which makes Rondo ineffective. Biedrins alleviates 3 of these problems.

His body language lately has been bad. He seems to care less and less and I don't know why.

He is due for a contract extension soon. He has 1.5 years left on his deal and will ask for big $.

Only young asset that other teams would want and will never be an All Star. There is nothing else this team can offer that would turn back a player like Ellis, Martin, or Iggy.

Patrick O'Bryant would put up similar offensive #'s. His NBA value is only on the defensive end...where he is great in man to man situations and as the last resort to stop drivers. His pick and roll defense is not great.

Biedrins may not be the answer, but this team needs to upgrade Ray Allen because he will ask for too much this summer and price himself out of Boston and we will be left with freaking Tony Allen playing the 2.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
please let this happen
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Hinrich is a good fit in the triangle offense and could guard the bigger PGs out West but he wouldn't solve the Lakers issues of guarding the speedy PGs that always kill them.

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

indifferent.gif
Sasha

laugh.gif
can't give the dude away. Come a long way since the "machine" days.

He never was "the machine" he was, is, and will forever be a certified bum 
tired.gif
I wonder if we threw Farmar in there instead (even though he's been playing better of late) would Portland take that deal? 

Knicks are getting raped in that deal. no way gallo is getting moved guys, NO ABSOLUTELY FREAKING WAY. jordan hill too.

That lakers deal isnt going to happen too. the blazers are already overloaded at the wing, why would they want another? i can see them pursuing TT however.

No one wants to help a good team, get even better. like Nas said, why would you want to fix LA's only flaw (backup point/bench/defending quicker PGs?)

Originally Posted by ridingonlorenzos

Reasons I want to trade Perk:

Bad fit with rondo. He can't run the floor, finish fast breaks, or finish pick and rolls and the opposing centers clog the lane which makes Rondo ineffective. Biedrins alleviates 3 of these problems.

His body language lately has been bad. He seems to care less and less and I don't know why.

He is due for a contract extension soon. He has 1.5 years left on his deal and will ask for big $.

Only young asset that other teams would want and will never be an All Star. There is nothing else this team can offer that would turn back a player like Ellis, Martin, or Iggy.

Patrick O'Bryant would put up similar offensive #'s. His NBA value is only on the defensive end...where he is great in man to man situations and as the last resort to stop drivers. His pick and roll defense is not great.

Biedrins may not be the answer, but this team needs to upgrade Ray Allen because he will ask for too much this summer and price himself out of Boston and we will be left with freaking Tony Allen playing the 2.
eek.gif
laugh.gif
please let this happen
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Maybe you misread. I was talking about Perk's NBA value.

And seriously, POB looked pretty good with our starting unit finishing dunks and alleyoops back in last year' s preseason.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Hinrich is a good fit in the triangle offense and could guard the bigger PGs out West but he wouldn't solve the Lakers issues of guarding the speedy PGs that always kill them.
I've always liked Hinrich and never saw what peopel DIDN'T like about him.

Originally Posted by JapanAir21

His contract.

Originally Posted by BangDak

His contract.

Why? At least its one of the few non-escalating contracts in the NBA...his continually decreases..that's a plus alone.

Ray Allen, Kendrick Perkins and J.R. Giddens for Kevin Martin, Spencer Hawes, Sergio Rodriguez and Kenny Thomas.

Just a thought.

I would do this in a heartbeat if im Sac. If Celtics really do trade away Perkins, kiss their last chance at a championship goodbye (if it's not gone already). At this stage of their careers, KG and Sheed will not be able to handle Dwight for 7 games.

he sucks. he was decent his first few years but now hes just crap. id keep sasha over him. we already have two sucky back up point guards. why get another?

^How do you figure...last year he was injured and this year he's still making adjustments playing alongside D Rose...at his best he was a 17 3 and 6 guy who doesn't turn the ball over a lot...and he can consistently hit an open jumper...I think he'd be a great addition to the Lakers

Originally Posted by NobleKane

he sucks. he was decent his first few years but now hes just crap. id keep sasha over him. we already have two sucky back up point guards. why get another?

indifferent.gif
 Because he's an upgrade over every PG on our roster, that's why and he can defend which u can never have enough of.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

roll.gif

Kirk Hinrich is a fabulous PG. He can shoot, he can defend, he's tough, he can pass, he's a prototypical PG.

I'd be SHOCKED if he didn't start in LA.

laugh.gif
did you just imply that Patrick O'Bryant would have the same offensive output as Perk, or am I missing something?????

You, personally YOU, want to shed salary too?

I mean I don't see why you'd wanna get rid of Emeka knowing you guys don't really have another C.

And getting rid of a back-up PG for Peja's replacement I guess I can understand, I guess I just wouldn't do it.

Are you just saying that because you'd rather get rid of guys like that over David West?

Aren't you guys under tax threshold this year? I thought you guys did some trade that did that.
Collison's value is going to be too high after this season to justify bringing him off the bench to play 15 minutes a game.

As far as Okafor goes, I've always been under the impression that he wouldn't be a Hornet for very long. Trading Chandler for him is financially beneficial for this season, but not the four remaining on his contract. Plus, he just isn't the answer.

And everybody loves cap space. The Hornets are under the luxury tax, but shedding Okafor and Posey's salary would be largely beneficial, now and later.

The problem with the deal is that the Hornets wouldn't have a point guard for the next month, and West would probably be starting at center, but clearly this deal wouldn't be about the present. Anyway, with Chris out for the next month, I don't think not making the playoffs this season would be detrimental.
Knicks are getting raped in that deal.
Not at all. It's basically Gallinari for Collison and a first-round pick on the surface. I have no idea why the Knicks want McGrady in the first place, but you still get him, and keep four of your five biggest expiring contracts (not to mention get rid of Jeffries' non-expiring).

Collison, first-round or free agent shooting guard, LeBron, Hill and Lee for the foreseeable future sounds just fine to you, no?

As for the Rockets, the trade would gear them up for a playoff run in the West. They take on quite a bit of money, but I think they can get away with it until Yao's contract expires next season. They have to re-sign Landry, but Brooks and Ariza are locked up for now.

It's all for naught; I'm just restless and want to see the Hornets make a trade more significant than a 10th man for a 2037 second-round pick. I still think it's pretty fair, though.
He's one of the worst shooters in the league this season. I'm sure that would go over well with those fickle Lakers fans.

KLJ, I don't think the Rockets need Nate Robinson with Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry, but just going by your deal it would make sense to deal Lowry to the Hornets.

Back
Top Bottom