2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

West is a good fit cause he can spread the floor and hit the 18 ft jumper.

Still not someone who can go get their own shot, though.

Jamison or Murphy would be a better fit, with Lebron bowling ball his way into the lane and kicking it out to them to launch.

Jamison or Murphy would be a better fit, with Lebron bowling ball his way into the lane and kicking it out to them to launch.
Yeah but that's what Bron does now and we see where that's gotten them...2nd place Bball is an inside out game. If the Cavs had a postguy who demanded a double team other than a old shaq they'd be right.

I thinks it cute Raptors fans are holding out hope that Bosh will stay.

He's as good as gone IMO.

Playing in Miami with DWade or Playing in cold &^% Toronto on an average team.

I think most of these guys realize now, your not gonna win titles on a 1 man team. They see how LA and Boston won.

Playing in Miami with DWade or Playing in cold &^% Toronto on an average team.

I think most of these guys realize now, your not gonna win titles on a 1 man team. They see how LA and Boston won.
So the weather is the deciding factor ??

Miamis not an average team ?

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Looks like the Cavs are shopping the most..

Most GMs tell Sam Smith that the most active team trying to deal has been the Cavs in offering Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract of $11.5 million in trying to get another scorer.
Cleveland's most likely target will be Antawn Jamison.
Just get this damn thing done already Danny.

And then Z will be right back with us...
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Dirk Nowitzki for Marcus Camby. What do you guys say? Nowitzki is likely to opt out this summer in order to get a long term deal. He hasn't worked out in Dallas, perhaps the Mavs should get Camby because he is a more traditional post defender.

If you're going to discuss rumored trades, at least consider how REALISTIC they are. Bynum for Bosh is not a realistic trade. Period. Bosh is not getting traded before the deadline. Period.

like you said, REALISTIC rumors...Dirk is opting out this summer, but he is re signing with the Mavs for less money.

Why do the Cavs feel the need to trade so bad?
nerd.gif

They unsure of how things will play out in May huh?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

How is bynum for bosh not a realistic trade?

If the raptors felt they have no shot and resigning bosh this summer trading blah for a center who has the talent to be 20 and 10 would be the best trade offer they would proably get

And I don't know why some of yall get butt hurt over us talking about a trade rumor
exactly.
laugh.gif
@ people thinking that is not a realistictrade....that is straight denial....because it involves the lakers, america's most hated team....

all of a sudden people are treating Chris Bosh like hes Michael Jordan

Originally Posted by JinKazama

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/146730-cavs-offering-ilauskas-for-west?eref=sihp

Here's the latest...

ilgauskas (Cavs) for West (Hornets)

Wow...just WOW, talk about one sided if it goes down. West would give Cavs dependable low cost scoring and a true second person who could get you 20 every night especially in the playoffs just in case Mo Williams has a repeat of his series against the Magic last year

plus Z would prolly be waived then come back to the cavs. West dissapears at times though

Originally Posted by CP1708

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
You wouldn't want Antawn on your squad if you were the Cavs? Danny is prolly peeing down his leg right now. He knows damn well if Bronbounces this summer his $$@ will get @#@# canned.
laugh.gif

Antawn could be our poor man's Pau Gasol if you know what I mean...
nerd.gif

because it involves the lakers, america's most hated team...
That would be the Yankees for starters...

nerd.gif

laugh.gif

They know they can't win it all this year with this team, Even with Shaq they aren't a lock to beat Orlando, Boston, or Atlanta for thatmatter; and right now the Lakers are better than all 3 of those teams. Forget Jamison, if I was Ferry I'd want West. Jamison's got better numbers butWest got his numbers in a much tougher Western Conference against some of the best PF is the L, dude has decent playoff experience, and is younger thanJamison, plus he plays with his back to the basket more.

Just think of the matchup problems West would create....who's checking West for Orlando? Lewis...after what Pau did to him last year...he don't wantit. Who's checking West for Atlanta? Smith...ok that's one less athletic guy to deal with Bron? Horford? That forces you to put Smith on Bron orShaq...even and old shaq would abuse Pachula. Boston is the only squad who would match up well with them of the top teams in the east.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Looks like the Cavs are shopping the most..

Most GMs tell Sam Smith that the most active team trying to deal has been the Cavs in offering Zydrunas Ilgauskas' expiring contract of $11.5 million in trying to get another scorer.
Cleveland's most likely target will be Antawn Jamison.
Just get this damn thing done already Danny.

And then Z will be right back with us...
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
You wouldn't want Antawn on your squad if you were the Cavs? Danny is prolly peeing down his leg right now. He knows damn well if Bron bounces this summer his $$@ will get @#@# canned.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
Meaning you'll trade for him, but lose in the finals like we did?

Only you said poor man's, so maybe that means lose in the conference finals instead of the NBA finals.

Ok, I got it. Thanks for clearin it up for me.
pimp.gif

Why Bosh for Bynum is not a realistic trade...

1.Bosh > Bynum. Raptors management actually believe that this team has a chance to win a playoff round. They are not going to get weaker by trading Bosh nowand jeopardize what they believe is a good chance to make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

2. Bynum is in the base-year of his contract which means the value of his contract does not match the value of Bosh's contract, so the Lakers would have tothrow in more contracts to make the trade work.

3. Raptors ownership desperately want playoff revenue. If they trade Bosh for Bynum, they will risk missing out on the playoffs. I think its safe to say thatas poor as this Raptors team is, they will likely make the playoffs and bring in some extra revenue.

4. Bosh is undecided. He likely has not told Raptors management that he is leaving. I think he'll probably leave in the summer after realizing how crappythis team is when they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

5. The Raptors would get more by signing-and-trading Bosh in the summer. Bosh will likely want a max contract which is something that no other team in theleague can provide him with except for the Raptors. However, there is a way for him to get the maximum amount of money on another team. All he has to do istell Colangelo he wants a max contract but he wants to play somewhere else. The Raptors would then likely give him the max contract and negotiate a deal withanother team that would yield them better returns than Bynum. Lets be honest here. Bynum is a glorified role-player fortunate enough to be playing on theleague's best team. The Lakers would've won the title last year without him. I know its hard for some of you to believe that the Lakers would'vewon the title without Bynum's monsterous stats (6 ppg in the finals) but it is indeed, true.

laugh.gif
...CP, why you being such a smart !@% today? You know damn well what Iwas referring to...

And David West wouldn't be bad as well. I just don't want Troy Murphy (unless he's our last option).

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Why Bosh for Bynum is not a realistic trade...

1.Bosh > Bynum. Raptors management actually believe that this team has a chance to win a playoff round. They are not going to get weaker by trading Bosh now and jeopardize what they believe is a good chance to make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

2. Bynum is in the base-year of his contract which means the value of his contract does not match the value of Bosh's contract, so the Lakers would have to throw in more contracts to make the trade work.

3. Raptors ownership desperately want playoff revenue. If they trade Bosh for Bynum, they will risk missing out on the playoffs. I think its safe to say that as poor as this Raptors team is, they will likely make the playoffs and bring in some extra revenue.

4. Bosh is undecided. He likely has not told Raptors management that he is leaving. I think he'll probably leave in the summer after realizing how crappy this team is when they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

5. The Raptors would get more by signing-and-trading Bosh in the summer. Bosh will likely want a max contract. All he has to do is tell Colangelo he wants a max contract but he wants to play for another team. The Raptors would then likely give him the max contract and negotiate a deal with another team that would yield them better returns than Bynum. Lets be honest here. Bynum is a glorified role-player fortunate enough to be playing on the league's best team. The Lakers would've won the title last year without him. I know its hard for some of you to believe that the Lakers would've won the title without Bynum's monsterous stats (6 ppg in the finals) but it is indeed, true.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ima let all this go man, look at it this way, Bynum is more then the Wolves got for KG, or the Sonics got for Ray Allen, or the damn near close to what Memphisgot for Gasol. NBA trades are about money, not talent. Bynum is more talent then all those teams got, including Al Jeff. Bynum may not be Shaq, but he'sbetter then all the other centers goin not named Yao or D12. And he's 22. So quit thinking that you are going to get equal value for what you thinkBosh's level is. You aren't. It won't happen.

We could use another scorer. I'd take West, Murphy, or Jamison. They all tall and can knock down the outside shot, and thats how the past two chips havebeen won. Redz and Mo running the point, Jawad at the 2 (Parker bumish) Bron at the 3, any of the brought in players at the 4 combined with Andy and Hickson,SHAQ in the middle. That makes for a long athletic team, and I didn't mention Powe. May and June should be interesting especially if one of those threecome.

nerd.gif

laugh.gif
You wouldn't want Antawn on your squad if you were the Cavs? Danny is prolly peeing down his leg right now. He knows damn well if Bron bounces this summer his $$@ will get @#@# canned.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

because it involves the lakers, america's most nba hated team...
That would be the Yankees for starters...

fixed.
happy.gif

way i see it now if things stay the same the cavs are the best team in the east. orlando fell off. boston is injured all the time. atlanta aint ready. if leonpowe looks anything like his old self when he returns why the need for panick? cavs handled the lakers already and will prolly beat them again on thursday. ifim the cavs i go after caron butler. man biggest mistake cavs did was sign moon and miller...

I am not down with trading Z.

We need the twin towers vs LA like it worked on Xmas day.

Shaq Moon and Parker look like the missing pieces we needed last year.

Back
Top Bottom