2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Just imagine Gil and Shaq in the lockerooms,
roll.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by arstyle27

Originally Posted by jmause3

I cant wait for Thursday to be over with so I can be disappointed in my Bulls once again

Alright JM, what moves would satisfy you before the deadline? Do you seriously wanna get rid of Deng, Hinrich, Thomas, and Salmons strictly for cap relief? cause I'm not.

Im ready to get rid of Tyrus and Salmons.  I don't mind keeping Kirk because i feel he makes us a better team.  It's not so much the moves i want us to make but just the passive and cheap attitude our front office has.  I think we are also putting way too much into getting a big name free agent when we haven't brought in a big  name in a long time.  I guess i'm more sick of the  rumors of hearing  about how we are trying to get better when we've been in the same place for years.  It's time for us to take the next step and stop putting so much into this free agent class.  Just my opinion
ohwell.gif

edit: Hey arstyle: i just read your post in the season thread and we pretty much feel the same way
laugh.gif

Don't kill the messenger dudes

I am just telling you guys what the radio station here in DC is saying

Originally Posted by parada45

The rumor was a trade idea Chad Ford threw out into cyberspace a couple days ago in a chat.

Completely baseless. Shaq is a core part of the Cavs and their defense against the Magic and Lakers. It would be asinine to trade him.

Shaq wouldn't go back to Cleveland if they traded him and he was released...
Just curious, where do you think he would go?

LA: HELL NO
ORL: HELL NO

He obviously would want to sign with a contender.  He says CLE is the funnest team he's ever been with/played for (THIS, I actually believe).

If he had to take 30 days off, it could be a blessing in disguise to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

I just don't understand where you're coming from.  Honestly, where do you think he would go?  Which contenders would want to try and risk even incorporating him into their offense/game plan?

nerd.gif

This is all hypothetical of course, because there's no proof this is going to happen...

Shaq has too much pride. He's the greatest center of this era, if Cleveland traded and he was released I don't know if I see him running back to Cleveland.

[h1]Jamison Talks With Cleveland Intensify[/h1]
Jamison_Antawn_was.jpg
Trade talks between the Cavaliers and Wizards for Antawn Jamison have intensified on Tuesday, sources tell Yahoo!

The Cavaliers have yet to meet Washington's asking price, which is believed to include J.J. Hickson.

Shaq wont get traded and do the release and re-sign, that can happen with Big Z because his ego will not get in the way but with Shaq there has to be some level of ego stroking.

Shaq has too much pride. He's the greatest center of this era, ifCleveland traded and he was released I don't know if I see him runningback to Cleveland.

The ONLY way Shaq's even part of ANY trades is if he is GUARANTEED to come back to CLE, like OC said (meaning he is agreeing to sit out for 30 days and chill for a little to better the team)

So this discussion is basically pointless...

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Shaq wouldn't go back to Cleveland if they traded him and he was released...
Just curious, where do you think he would go?

LA: HELL NO
ORL: HELL NO
Agree on the Lakers and Orlando... Denver is a no go, too...

But if Boston or Dallas pushed hard? I could see it... He's got a boner for Mark Cuban and playing with KG and those guys in Boston he's got just as much a shot at a title this year as he does in Cleveland...

Maybe he goes back to Cleveland, I don't doubt he enjoys playing with LeBron.. But does sitting around for thirty days, waiting around to go back to a team that traded him really seem like Shaq's MO to you? Just seems like it'd be out of character for him to do that...

[h2]Trade-talk roundup: What we're hearing[/h2]
ESPN.com

What's the latest buzz? Our reporters are on the case. We'll be updating this file all through Thursday's trade deadline. Refresh and follow along with us.

POSTED: Feb. 16 -- 3:51 p.m. ET

2389.jpg

Jefferson​

Chad Ford: The Wolves continue to rebuff teams looking into the availability of Al Jefferson.

A source close to the process told ESPN.com that the Wolves recently said no to a potential Luol Deng and Tyrus Thomas for Jefferson deal. They told the Bulls that they aren't going to move Jefferson by the trade deadline which is consistent with what Wolves GM David Kahn has been saying for weeks. However, a Deng-Thomas deal was the most realistic trade scenario we've heard for Jefferson.

Jefferson was one of the first big names to get mentioned in trade deadline buzz when word came out that the Pacers had rebuffed an offer of Jefferson for Danny Granger. Since then, Kahn has been adamant that he's not trading Jefferson, or any member of his young core, by the trade deadline. Kahn has maintained he wants an entire season to evaluate the talent he has on the roster.

Originally Posted by NKEAIR

[h1]Jamison Talks With Cleveland Intensify[/h1]
Jamison_Antawn_was.jpg
Trade talks between the Cavaliers and Wizards for Antawn Jamison have intensified on Tuesday, sources tell Yahoo!

The Cavaliers have yet to meet Washington's asking price, which is believed to include J.J. Hickson.

Simply Ferry turning up the heat on Kerr and Sarver to make a decision. All posturing.

Originally Posted by one11archerave

I don't get why some Bulls fans don't want Miami to get Amar'e (I do get it but think about it). The chances of Wade coming to Chicago are looking slimmer every day and personally I would prefer going after a big, preferably Bosh. If Miami trades for Amar'e that would most likely lock them up down there giving us a better chance of signing Bosh. If LeBron stays in Cleveland then I would think Bosh would choose Chicago over New York.

if im the bulls i want big gay al from minny over amare

and wow even  this big dummy chad ford is scratching his head as to why the suns would do that cleveland trade

Originally Posted by Im Not You

Ernie Grunfield is not stupid. He would not trade for Shaq and then waive him so he can help out the Cavs. His track record does not have a single idiotic move of that nature on it so I wouldn't expect it now.
How is it idiotic though? 

People need to quit acting like the Wizards are a rival of the CAVS.  Just because Deshawn Stevenson's bum %@@ wanted to start beef with Bron doesn't mean there are hard feelings between the owners/upper management.  That core NEVER even beat us in the playoffs, so that "rivalry" talk needs to end forever.

The Wizards would be gaining 20 million something in cap space.  Why keep Shaq around?  So some goons can take him out?  That franchise is not going ANYWHERE for another 5-10 years.

No way in hell does Danny trade Shaq now unless he's guaranteed to come back.  If he does indeed lose him for good, he is gonna get torn a new one and then some.

We will get the *%+! kicked out of us inside against all three of the best teams in the East and the Lakeshow if we somehow got there...

if they do this the lakers would crush them in the playoffs. shaq intimidated their bigs.

cavs have shooters already. dont understand this trade at all.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Would Shaq agree to let his career come down to a point where he is CUT from the Washington Wizards just so he can rejoin the team that traded him to try and win a title????  I kinda find that hard to believe.  Shaq is a proud guy. 
yup.

shaq is so immature he would sign  with celtics, magic, or lakers just to try and screw the cavs

Originally Posted by outacontrol music

Originally Posted by parada45

The rumor was a trade idea Chad Ford threw out into cyberspace a couple days ago in a chat.

Completely baseless. Shaq is a core part of the Cavs and their defense against the Magic and Lakers. It would be asinine to trade him.

yup didnt think caqvs organization would be that dumb

All these potential blockbluster trades being rumored, I hope the trade deadline doesn't turn out to be uneventful.

You do know you can edit your posts, right?
laugh.gif
smh.gif

Plus he's not even saying anything, he's basically repeating what was already posted, besides THIS:
shaq is so immature he would sign  with celtics, magic, or lakers just to try and screw the cavs
Really?  The New York Knicks have a better chance of winning the title this year than Shaq signing with ORL or L.A.  I can't even believe I just read that.

Al Jefferson to the Bulls would be a nice look! Plus if the Bulls could get into the T-Mac deal

Al Jeff+DRose+TMac= a VERY VERY VERY nice team IMO

Really?  This just reeks of hatred from an ungrateful/bitter Lakers fan.  The New York Knicks have a better chance of winning the title this year than Shaq signing with ORL or L.A.  I can't even believe I just read that.

you dont think shaq would love to come back to the Lakers and a chance to add more rings to his resume?

Back
Top Bottom