2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

I must say that I am glad the Cavs don't have to play a game until after the deadline passes. Trade speculation would be so distracting.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Thursday can't come soon enough
laugh.gif

Rumors every hour
twitter FTMFL.

these guys are just throwing random things out there
laugh.gif
smh.gif

I'm with Nas, I don't know why LB would turn down Haslem. Had to be something else there. Asked too much for DJ probably.

Bobcats probably figure it's tough enough being in the same division with an Orlando and Atlanta. Why help Miami team up Wade with Beasley?

Further reading looks like the Bulls and Knicks are waiting for the Rockets to respond back. That proposed scenario we all read and talked about seems to be too rich for NYK's blood. Basically mortgaging their future and something the Rockets probably proposed since they're the ones tacking on Jeffries who has a 2M trade kicker to boot.

[h1]Rockets Think They Have Better T-Mac Offers Than New York's[/h1]
Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...er_t_mac_offers_than_new_yorks/#ixzz0fkDYJR8D

Feb 16, 2010 6:04 PM EST

McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
The Knicks and Rockets have the framework of a Tracy McGrady trade that would also involve Jared Jeffries, Jordan Hill and Al Harrington.

However, sources with knowledge of the talk say the Rockets have received multiple offers for McGrady that they have deemed better than the one from New York.

A source said that Jeffries, who is owed $6.9 million next season with a $2 million trade kicker, is a sticking point for the Rockets.

mad.gif

I mean Tmac said he'd prefer to be in NY & was prepared to leave already.. there's always something with us.

I'm sure this was posted (I didn't look back at some of the other pages...)

Cavs talks with Wash for Antawn Jamison have intensified today, sources say. Cleve needed to relent on some pieces for possible deal there.

Adrian Wojnarowski.

As long as Jamison is off the books and out of DC, I don't care where he goes.....

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Shaq wouldn't go back to Cleveland if they traded him and he was released...
Just curious, where do you think he would go?

LA: HELL NO
ORL: HELL NO

He obviously would want to sign with a contender.  He says CLE is the funnest team he's ever been with/played for (THIS, I actually believe).

If he had to take 30 days off, it could be a blessing in disguise to keep him fresh for the playoffs.

I just don't understand where you're coming from.  Honestly, where do you think he would go?  Which contenders would want to try and risk even incorporating him into their offense/game plan?

nerd.gif

This is all hypothetical of course, because there's no proof this is going to happen...

If this even happens, which I doubt, like everybody else said, Shaq is very prideful and wont go back to the Cavs, just cause he said it was the funnest place to play. He loves and builds up his team when he is there...Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix...and then craps on the as soon as he is gone..Orlando, LA, Miami, and Phoenix. As long as yall throwing this out there, I want to see him get traded waived and then sign with the Lakers to get his 5th ring with Kobes haha.

If you are one of the higher tier 2010 free agents getting set to testthe waters in the off-season, which of these two groups of playersinterests you more?:

Timberwolves
-Al Jefferson (25 years old, 20 & 10 guy at full health)
-Kevin Love (21 years old)
-Jonny Flynn (21 years old)
-Corey Brewer (23 years old)
-Ricky Rubio (19 years old)
-Wayne Ellington (22 years old)
-Top 2-3 Pick in the 2010 NBA Draft
-TWO additional first round picks in the 2010 Draft owed to us by Charlotte and Utah.

Knicks
-David Lee (26 years old, 20 & 10 guy)
-Wilson Chandler (22 years old)
-Danilo Gallinari (21 years old)
-Nate Robinson (25 years old)
-Jordan Hill? (22 years old) (Cross him out if the Knicks complete the T-Mac trade)
-Toney Douglas? (23 years old)
-No First Round Pick in 2010

Now,before I go on, let me make it clear that I know that New York is the"Mecca" of basketball and you would be insane to choose Minnesota overNew York if solely deciding between cities. I realize that I amfighting an uphill battle in saying that there is logic in choosing theTimberwolves over the Knicks this off-season. Ok, now that I got thatout of the way...

1.) The Knicks are ranked #2 in terms of teamsthat have enough salary cap space to make a run at a big time freeagent this off-season, and the Timberwolves are #4. A difference, yeah,but no much of a difference.
2.) Right now, I believe the New YorkKnicks only have enough space to sign one big time free agent.Therefore, Lebron or whoever signs there will have to play with thealready established core you have there. However that could change ifthis Tracy McGrady trade goes through which would free up more capspace. As it stands though, a lot of teams are blowing smoke and manyrumors are being shot back and forth without much credibility, so letsnot consider that a factor until something concrete happens.
3.) New York winters aren't all that different from Minnesota winters. The average temperature/degrees are similar as well.
4.)Minneapolis is statistically a Top 10 market in the United States Ibelieve...it's not Tumbleweed USA like Iowa, most of Wisconsin, and theDakotas one bit.
5.)Looking at the rosters above and taking into account the probability ofwhich pieces will still be there for the 2010-2011 season, I thinkyou'd have to be inclined to say that the Timberwolves currentpersonnel and the personnel that the free agent would be playing withis more attractive.

Now am I saying that all of these factorswill play into one of the higher tier free agent's mind, causing him tochoose the Timberwolves? No. And heck, after writing up this essay thatI believe to be logical, stating reasons for why Minnesota would be abetter situation to come in to than many other destinations....I canadmit to you right now that I'd be overly shocked if one of the bigfree agents DOES sign here, electing to pass up other intriguing offers.

The logic's right in front of them, they just have to see it.

Anyone who thinks the Cavs are trading Shaq has absolutely no grasp of reality.
Thanks agold.  Just wanted to emphasize it for some of these clowns.

Clowns? SERIOUSLY, you are taking what a cleveland BEAT WRITER is saying as gospel as nothing but the truth.

Is everything in cleveland as bass ackwards as some of the fans on this board??? seriously im not one to bash the cavs fans but good lord I think if one of your homer beat writers said that the sky was falling you dudes would believe that.

brian windhorst: everyone in cleveland the sky is falling tomorrow. goodbye all

EnEyeKayEe: Goodbye niketalk the sky is falling tomorrow. have to get ready to die
frown.gif

my opinion holds no more weight than YOU or the next beat writer that speculates

i forever hate Minny for drafting ricky rubio. end of the story.

Oh and, SCREW YOU DAVID KAHN FOR TAKING THREE POINT GUARDS, ALL WHICH NY WAS TARGETING. thank you.

MrMichaelLee

Another option for Wiz is trading Gooden - something sources have told me the Wizards have already been pursuing. This could be interesting

WojYahooNBA

The Cavs are still talking with the Suns on an Amar'e deal, but they've gotten further down the road with Jamison, sources said.

This dude honestly thinks we might trade Shaq without getting him back.  WOW.

30ixq55.jpg

you seriously dont get it do you?? how sad

ill give you a week to let it sink in

back to the trades.....wow mike james.... lol

Back
Top Bottom