2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Per Marc Stein - Stein_Line_HQ - Rockets narrow T-Mac choices to offers from Knicks and Bulls and plan to make their choice Wednesday. Link to post on ESPN soon.

Chris Mannix (SI.com) - ChrisMannixSI - If trade options come down to Knicks and Bulls for T-Mac, Bulls are frontrunner, sources say.

Salmons fills a need, Brad Miller too. Hinrich too, but I rather have Salmons, who's only under contract for one more year.

Jeffries + Hill not so much, although Hill has the highest ceiling out of everybody.

It'll come down to whether the Knicks leave the picks unprotected or not, since, the Bulls can offer their first rounder this year. Knicks can't.

Chris Mannix tweets:

Remember-I've been saying for two days now that the Knicks offer is not appealing to the Rockets. My money is on the Bulls.

Any Bulls package would have to include Tyrus Thomas

Rockets don't love Jordan Hill but they would take a flyer on him, just like they would Thomas. Diff is Jeffries and Knicks no 2010 pick.

LOOK: If the Knicks offer didn't include Jeffries, it would be a good offer. In related news, if it didn't snow tomorrow, I'd wear a t-shirt

[h1]Celtics Could Get Nate[/h1]
Feb 16, 2010 9:40 PM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
The Celtics are moving toward acquiring Nate Robinson from the Knicks before Thursday's trade deadline.

Boston would ship the Knicks an expiring contract and, presumably, also send a draft pick as compensation.

Robinson is on a one-year contract and has veto power over any trade, but it is believed that he would welcome a move to Boston.
[h1]Holdup Between Knicks, Rockets Appears To Be Future Pick[/h1]
Feb 16, 2010 9:59 PM EST

McGrady_Tracy_hou.jpg
The Houston Rockets and New York Knicks are "making progress" in their Tracy McGrady trade discussions, according to a source close to the talks that spoke with ESPN.

Donnie Walsh is expected to speak with owner Jim Dolan on Wednesday to discuss the parameters of the deals that have been discussed, and what their next step should be.

Several sources say the main holdup to this point has been the Rockets insistence on asking for at least one future No. 1 pick as the price for taking on Jared Jeffries, who is owed $6.9M next season.

If the teams swap McGrady, Brian Cook and Joey Dorsey for Larry Hughes, Jeffries and Jordan, the Rockets would drop almost $2 million below the luxury tax threshold and would be eligible for a $4-plus million tax redistribution payment.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I've expected Eddie in a knick uniform next season anyway if a big FA is signed. Him and Raja Bell.

Nate is a good fit with the C's.

Yea, House is either a good Lebron fit or D'Antoni fit...doesn't matter. Would make sense for both sides.

If Miami can land Amare without having to give up Beasley, that would be OUTSTANDING.  I am not that impressed with Amare's defense, but that guaranteed 20&9 a night is just too good to pass up.

Mannix just tweeted Knicks are now the frontrunner. Changed in 8 minutes.

Best time to have a Twitter account is during trade deadlines. Love it.

Even though Jeffries is a bum, NY's offer is the best offer. That's if the 2012 pick is included. It better be. Jeffries has a 2M trade kicker to boot.

Hill has the highest ceiling out everybody from the potential Bulls deal, and it gives the Rockets something to work with in the future, the picks.

If the Rockets aren't tacking on Salmons or Hinrich, it's basically Miller (expiring) James (expiring) and Ty Thomas (basically expiring). Short term it'll help, but not so much long term.

Give up the pick. if youre sitting in the lottery in 2012, I hope Donnie is not around anymore anyway cause he'll have +$+#*# up BIG TIME.

what the hell is a trade kicker?

Man i aint believing anything until i see a more reliable source, like adam wuaskdjaskldjaklsj (sp of course
laugh.gif
) and etc. chad ford and them can kick rocks. cant forget about twitter.

POSTED: Feb. 16 -- 7:51 p.m. ET
1727.jpg

Stoudemire​

J.A. Adande: With rampant speculation that Miami is trying to pry Amare Stoudemire from the Phoenix Suns before the Cleveland Cavaliers can get him, here are two possible scenarios.

According to an NBA source, the Heat are offering Daequan Cook, Quentin Richardson, Dorell Wright, Mario Chalmers and draft picks to the Suns. Cook is the only player among that group who is under contract for next season (Chalmers has a team option for $847,000). It is believed that the Suns would rather have a package from Cleveland that would include Zydrunas Ilgauskas, J.J. Hickson and a draft pick, with the young Hickson as the most appealing part of the package.

Another league source said the Suns would like to attach Jason Richardson to a Stoudemire trade, which would relieve Phoenix from having to pay Richardson's $14 million salary next season. The combined $29 million of outgoing salary from Stoudemire and Richardson this season would be too difficult for Cleveland to match to make a trade work under the salary-cap guidelines. Miami, however, could add the $23 million expiring salary of Jermaine O'Neal to the previously mentioned offer and come within the 25 percent range of matching salaries. I have yet to hear the Heat are willing to do so --- in fact a source said, "I'd be surprised if Miami took on [Richardson's] contract" --- but the possibility exists.

That would have obvious appeal to the Suns, allowing them to escape from luxury-tax land next season and positioning them to go after a major free agent this summer.

The Suns would be looking at nine players under contract for a total of about $33 million next season: Steve Nash ($10.3 million), Leandro Barbosa ($7.1 million), Grant Hill ($3.3 million player option), Channing Frye ($2 million player option), Goran Dragic ($2 million), Earl Clark ($1.9 million), Robin Lopez ($1.9 million), Jared Dudley ($2.2 million) and Cook ($2.2 million).

The Heat would be stuck with Richardson's contract and could potentially have Stoudemire opt out and leave them as a free agent. But they would also have Stoudemire's Larry Bird rights, enabling them to offer a longer and more lucrative contract than any other team. And they would have demonstrated to Dwyane Wade that they would do whatever it takes to bring another All-Star to play alongside him.

i wish tmac goes to the bulls -> guaranteed playoffs.

but playing on the knicks will give him a chance to show what he has left.

can't wait for tmr.

Back
Top Bottom