2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

At least post the source JA

[h1]Sources: Boston To Deal For Robinson[/h1]

Feb 17, 2010 2:20 AM EST

Robinson_Nate_nyk.jpg
The Celtics and Knicks are close to a deal that would bring guard NateRobinson to the Boston, possibly in exchange for Eddie House, accordingto multiple sources.

Robinson would have to approve the trade, but sources indicate he would accept a deal to Boston or the Lakers.

New York is uninterested in adding salary for the 2010 season.Boston has the expiring contracts of House ($2.8 million), BrianScalabrine ($3.4 million) and Tony Allen ($2.5 million).

It is likely the Knicks are looking for a first round pick from theCeltics in order to help offset what will be lost in a Tracy McGradydeal with Houston.

Read more: http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archi...es_boston_to_deal_for_robinson/#ixzz0fmHs8HJl

Originally Posted by Yankeephan87

supposedly house,t allen and scalbrine and a pick
That seems like a ton, unless they are just trying to shed salary and NYK has capspace, which they probably do.

Okay maybe not, that's like 8 million in salary space, and according to HoopsHype, NYK got 85 million in contracts.

Who else would they tack on?

if the knicks get mcgrady and deal robinson for house, how many players will they have under contract for next season?

^

Well.. Excluding any picks..

Eddy Curry, Rooster, Chandler, and Douglas. That's it. That's assuming Jeffries is tacked on in the McGrady deal.

Honestly, the Knicks are heading for turmoil in 2010-2011 if they don't acquire the players they hope to. Even if they do, they're rebuilding with no foundation. At least keep a player on the squad that's been around for a few years. Only 4-5 players will be under contract for next year. That means they possibly may have to get 10 new players for 2010-2011 season. Now what the hell do you have to offer these big name free-agents besides money? But i kind of see what they're doing.

Here Lebron. Here's a brand new team and it's yours. You pick who you want from here...

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Honestly, the Knicks are heading for turmoil in 2010-2011 if they don't acquire the players they hope to. Even if they do, they're rebuilding with no foundation. At least keep a player on the squad that's been around for a few years. Only 4-5 players will be under contract for next year. That means they possibly may have to get 10 new players for 2010-2011 season. Now what the hell do you have to offer these big name free-agents besides money? But i kind of see what they're doing.

Here Lebron. Here's a brand new team and it's yours. You pick who you want from here...
Yeah I understand it, but I just don't think you waste your entire team and gut it if you have no aces in the pocket.

JapanAir21 wrote:
Yankeephan87 wrote:
supposedly house,t allen and scalbrine and a pick
That seems like a ton, unless they are just trying to shed salary and NYK has capspace, which they probably do.

Okay maybe not, that's like 8 million in salary space, and according to HoopsHype, NYK got 85 million in contracts.

Who else would they tack on?

JA, I'm thinking thoes are the players availble for the nyk to pick from + maybe a 1st rd pick......

While you have a point, if you looked at this team before Walsh came in, then it would have been several years beyond 2010 that the team would have been in trouble.  If he manages to get rid of Jefferies, then only Eddy Curry remains of the awful contracts and players the Knicks took on, and for that he should be commended.  Considering the talent and contracts the team had, I'm glad they gutted the team and made the best out of the awful scenario Walsh was left with.

Now of course the next step is signing the players.  The hope is obviously for a couple of big FAs to make the difference, if not, you have the money to sign smaller contracts and build the team from there.

That's what I think they're planning to do.
Does anyone know where I can find a list of the upcoming free-agents?

Things are not gonna be good in New York if one of those players doesn't sign on.

They'll need to gather any and everyone who's willing to sign onto basically a blank slate. Who do they get if they need to settle for lesser players? Do they offer more than one year contracts or do they try to keep their cap space rolling until something happens? Who would sign a short-term deal with them?

IF Lebron, Wade, Joe Johnson, Amare, Bosh, or someone signs with the Knicks - can the Knicks spend their cap space on free agents, then go beyond the cap to re-sign players that they had on the roster last season even though they would be considered free agents at this point? Or do they give up their Bird Rights before this point, and can't go beyond the cap?

the knicks situation is either going to fall in place perfectly, kinda like the celtics in the 2007 offseason but with free agents instead of trades, they land one or two of the big names this offseason or its going to be a disaster similar to the bulls 2000 offseason when they missed out on all the big names that summer and settled for ron mercer.

i don't see no inbetween for them

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

the knicks situation is either going to fall in place perfectly, kinda like the celtics in the 2007 offseason but with free agents instead of trades, they land one or two of the big names this offseason or its going to be a disaster similar to the bulls 2000 offseason when they missed out on all the big names that summer and settled for ron mercer.

i don't see no inbetween for them

BINGO. im all for the risk though

i don't get why were trading Nate when his contracts up anyways...throw in Curry with Nate or something...the trade makes no sense at all...nd don't give me "we get a pick"...a late 1st round pick for Nate? for any players to come to NY, we need some decent role players at least

Back
Top Bottom