2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

bulls fan here also.....

if we keep team as is now, we have to get a big name player next year..

i think we go PF....bosh would be my choice

i wouldn't be shocked if we land wade....seeing that his hometown and who knows, he might give us a hometown discount so we can go get another allstar

The Celtics are fools if they move both House AND Tony Allen for Nate. 

So I hope they do it. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Big J 33

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Honestly, the Knicks are heading for turmoil in 2010-2011 if they don't acquire the players they hope to. Even if they do, they're rebuilding with no foundation. At least keep a player on the squad that's been around for a few years. Only 4-5 players will be under contract for next year. That means they possibly may have to get 10 new players for 2010-2011 season. Now what the hell do you have to offer these big name free-agents besides money? But i kind of see what they're doing.

Here Lebron. Here's a brand new team and it's yours. You pick who you want from here...
While you have a point, if you looked at this team before Walsh came in, then it would have been several years beyond 2010 that the team would have been in trouble.  If he manages to get rid of Jefferies, then only Eddy Curry remains of the awful contracts and players the Knicks took on, and for that he should be commended.  Considering the talent and contracts the team had, I'm glad they gutted the team and made the best out of the awful scenario Walsh was left with.

Now of course the next step is signing the players.  The hope is obviously for a couple of big FAs to make the difference, if not, you have the money to sign smaller contracts and build the team from there.

cmon lets be real people are pissed that we are trying to steal their players.  it's not that the knicks are stupid because we are doing what people said we should have done for about half a decade. CLEAR CAP SPACE, DON'T SIGN OVER THE HILL STARS TO 5 YEAR 90 MILLION DOLLAR CONTRACTS
laugh.gif

if lebron and wade didn't exist, this would still be the plan. seriously the knicks get hate on when we are signing dumb players to long contracts (which is understandable, because  it's dumb) but now that we are clearing cap and ready to the future, we put all our eggs in one basket
grin.gif
yeeeah oookay.

it's nyc, someone big will come here. too much $ to be made. And I can't wait until we are relevant again all the hate intensifies by 10

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

Honestly, the Knicks are heading for turmoil in 2010-2011 if they don't acquire the players they hope to. Even if they do, they're rebuilding with no foundation. At least keep a player on the squad that's been around for a few years. Only 4-5 players will be under contract for next year. That means they possibly may have to get 10 new players for 2010-2011 season. Now what the hell do you have to offer these big name free-agents besides money? But i kind of see what they're doing.

Here Lebron. Here's a brand new team and it's yours. You pick who you want from here...
You don't think that's enticing for LeBron?

How much is Nate making this year?

I don't think the Knicks would get Scalabrine, Allen, and House just for Nate, probably one and a pick or two of them at the most. Trading all three of them just for Nate would be stupid.

Nate makes like 4 mill a year but he is a BYC player so the Knicks can only take like 2.5 million back for him straight up. It makes working a trade for him pretty complicated.

Nobody is taking any home town discounts with the state of the nba's BA and the economy.

I think guys who gets offered maxs will take maxes, no less.

http://[h3]
[h3]Nate to C's on again?[/h3]
10:11AM ET

[h5]Nate Robinson | Knicks [/h5]

Reports out of Boston and New York have the Knicks and Celtics close to a deal that would send http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=2782Nate Robinson to Boston. This was a rumored trade earlier this season.

The trade discussions are confirmed by ESPN.com's Chris Sheridan.

But as Sheridan reminds us, trading Nate isn't an easy task because he's a base-year compensation player.

sheridan_chris_30.jpg
[h5]Chris Sheridan[/h5]
BYC can be complicating factor
"I have confirmed that the teams have renewed discussions, but there is one major thing to keep in mind: Robinson is what's known as a base-year compensation player, which can be a complicating factor. Robinson makes $4 million, but the Knicks can take back a maximum of only $2.02 million in returning salary. Just an educated guess, but if Boston were willing to trade a No. 1 pick for Nate, it would blunt the pain of New York's surrendering a first-rounder or two to the Rockets in a McGrady deal. On a related note, three plugged-in sources indicated the Knicks seemed eager to get their business done Wednesday rather than wait until the 11th hour Thursday afternoon."
[/h3]

http://[h3]New York in lead for T-Mac[/h3]
10:11AM ET

[h5]Tracy McGrady | Rockets | Interested: Bulls?, Knicks? [/h5]

We told you yesterday that it was looking like either New York or Chicago would land Houston's Tracy McGrady. As of this morning, that hasn't changed.

Late last night, ESPN's Marc Stein reported the Rockets "are leaning toward taking the Knicks' offer."

However, there's still an unresolved issue in the negotiations.

For the price of taking on Jared Jeffries contract, the Rockets are asking for a future first-round pick. But as ESPN's Chris Sheridan writes: "A decade of sacrificing first-round draft picks has left [James Dolan] hesitant to sign off on letting another one go."

"The Rockets are believed to be seeking the Knicks' 2012 first-round pick, along with the option to swap first-round picks in 2011, and there are unresolved issues regarding lottery protection on the draft picks."

So while the Knicks -- who's offer along with Jeffries contains Jordan Hill and Larry Hughes -- may be in the lead, until the draft-pick issue is resolved, nothing will likely get done just yet.

As for the Bulls, K.C. Johnson of the Chicago Tribune reported their offer to the Rockets includes Brad Miller, Tyrus Thomas and either Kirk Hinrich or John Salmons. But sources tell him the Rockets have shown "little interest" in taking on Hinrich or Salmons, so there has been talk of a third team becoming involved.

So, for now, both teams have snags in their offers. But Stein reported word from one source that said he expects a decision to be made today.

sheridan_chris_30.jpg
[h5]Chris Sheridan[/h5]
If Knicks trade Jeffries, cap space is there for two free agents
"The Rockets are believed to be seeking the Knicks' 2012 first-round pick, along with the option to swap first-round picks in 2011, and there are unresolved issues regarding lottery protection on the draft picks. But the bottom line for New York is that trading Jeffries opens up nearly $7 million in additional cap space for this summer, giving the Knicks the flexibility to not only make a max offer to LeBron James but also choose between retaining All-Star David Lee or trying to use Lee in a sign-and-trade for Chris Bosh."

http://[h3]Jazz trade not expected[/h3]
9:07AM ET

[h5]Utah Jazz [/h5]

The Utah Jazz are about $5 million above the tax line, but head coach Jerry Sloan doesn't think the team will make a trade by tomorrow.

"This is who we are, it looks like," Sloan told The Salt Lake Tribune Tuesday.

General manager Kevin O'Connor said once again that he's not under any orders to slash payroll and, according to the The Salt Lake Tribune, can take on salary this season and next season.

http://[h3]Wizards not done?[/h3]
6:47AM ET

[h5]Washington Wizards [/h5]

The Wizards are only about $2.6 million above the tax line after the trade with the Mavericks and team president Ernie Grunfeld says he may not be done.

"We still have a lot of conversations going on," Grunfeld told The Washington Post. "We want to see what this group does. If we don't make a move between now and Thursday, there are opportunities to do things during the summer. That's just life in the NBA. A lot of teams are out there talking, a lot of teams want to make moves. I thought the thing we did is going to be good for our team in the long haul."

The Wizards are talking to the Cavs about Antawn Jamison and may move Drew Gooden, who they just acquired from the Mavericks.

http://[h3]Pargo wants to be traded[/h3]
6:21AM ET

[h5]Jannero Pargo | Bulls [/h5]

While the Bulls are hoping to trade Tyrus Thomas, Kirk Hinrich and John Salmons, they are also, according to the Chicago Tribune, trying to move Jannero Pargo.

Pargo is not getting any time with the Bulls and hopes that changes by going to another team. Pargo's contract expires at the end of the season and the newspaper says the Knicks have some interest in him.

I still think LeBron may end up in Jersey (Soon to be the Brooklyn Nets) since they have a extremely better core of young players than the Knicks & they have a part-owner who is best friends with LeBron and if they can get John Wall with that first pick...LeBron may head over to Brick city this summer. Any thoughts?

lebron will never play in the izod even for a second. theres not even construction on a stadium in brooklyn. won't happen

plus if the nets core is so good why has the team only won 4 games?

Originally Posted by TheStephZone

i don't get why were trading Nate when his contracts up anyways...throw in Curry with Nate or something...the trade makes no sense at all...nd don't give me "we get a pick"...a late 1st round pick for Nate? for any players to come to NY, we need some decent role players at least
Pick would most likely be used in the Tmac deal. i rather keep hill, give them douglas + pick but whatever.

And theres a lot of stupid comments in here.Laker fans posting up stupid Trade machine stuff, and etc. guys you got to look at the big picture. this isnt about just clearing cap space, Mike and Walsh feel that TMac can actually contribute, and are looking forward to signing him past this season which im not a huge fan of either.

and Animal Thug, you have no idea what you're talking about either. Lebron himself is already in control with the keys and rebuilding the cavs. whats the difference? the difference is that the knicks core can actually contribute. Mo williams and Delonte has been out for how many games? how many games have the cavs won in a row so far without them?

They will not be in the Izod center next season.

They are playing at the prudential center in newark. Already have begun discussions with my season rep on where I want to sit when they play there next season.

The Nets will be there for two years while the construction is going on. (If the arena is built at all.)

The Nets will be playing in the second Newest arena in the league behind the magic's which opens next season and if brooklyn happens, they will be in the newest.

I still feel Lebron will not be a Net but they will not be in that dump next season no matter what.

So Izod is no longer a factor.

Yea I was just coming in to say that they're playing at the Rock next season. Hopefully the Nets stink doesn't rub off on the Devils.

laugh.gif
jk

The Rock is awesome

was there for the pre-season nets games

a few devils/rangers games (yes I'm a rangers fan too)

Back
Top Bottom