2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

laugh.gif
...CP, why you being such a smart !@% today? You know damn well what I was referring to...
*shrugs*

Cuz I'm a jerk.
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

If Z is traded, he'll most likely be coming right back to us, a la Antonio McDyess with the Pistons.

Ima let all this go man, look at it this way, Bynum is more then the Wolves got for KG, or the Sonics got for Ray Allen, or the damn near close to what Memphis got for Gasol. NBA trades are about money, not talent. Bynum is more talent then all those teams got, including Al Jeff. Bynum may not be Shaq, but he's better then all the other centers goin not named Yao or D12. And he's 22. So quit thinking that you are going to get equal value for what you think Bosh's level is. You aren't. It won't happen.
It's not about getting equal value. It never is when you're trading away all star level talent.

It's about getting players/draft picks in return that'll make your team better going forward. I dont want Bynum's over-rated a.ss with his fragilebody and that kind of contract. The Raptors would be better off getting role-players + draft picks in return.

With Bynum + the players they have now, this team is no better than any of the other scrubs in the East.

Might as well keep Bosh for a few more months, finish 5th in the East and then sign-and-trade him in July.

Bynum isn't a Colangelo type of player anyway. Colangelo tried bringing in a fragile big-man as our starting Center last year and then gave up on himhalf-way through the season. Bynum wont fit Colangelo's flawed style of basketball.

I am not up to date with all the trade rumors but what are the chances of the Lakers getting a decent PG? I think it might be the only thing they have missing.

[h6][/h6]
[h6]Josh (Orlando)[/h6]

Please tell me there is some talk of Otis Smith trading Vince Carter. At this point I don't even care what the Magic get for him just as long as he gets sent away. He completely ruins the flow of their offense by making terrible decisions.
[h6]Chad Ford[/h6]
[h6] (1:09 PM)[/h6]

They're looking at a lot of things right now. They aren't happy with how the team fits together and seem to be deeply regretting letting Hedo go. I think anyone, short of Dwight Howard, could be had for the right deal ... but yes, I think Carter will be the focal point.

Where are all the Vince stans/Hedo haters at now?
nerd.gif
laugh.gif
...been calling this since day 1.

Also,
laugh.gif
at those Akron dudes getting all up in arms over the Bron talk. People are seriously sleeping on John Wall.
smh.gif

Wasnt it well known since way back that Vince is garbage nowadays? All he wants to do is shoot jumpers and rarely takes it down the lane. Plus hes a bigcrybaby

if the sixers really do an iggy and someone else package for tmac's expiring contract.. I AM DONE AS A SIXERS FAN

the sixers front office has no rhyme or reason.. they see the team play well as a running team, they go out and sign elton brand to a ridiculous contractwhennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn they already have willie green's ridiculous contract and dalembert's ridiculous contract

they could have very easily have signed josh smith INSTEAD of brand.. and he would have fit the system that all the other players on the roster fit...butttttttttttt noooooooooooooo

i need to go to vegas and put money down that one of three things will happen after the season.. they end up with the no.1 pick and john wall eitherdoesn't come out or they say they picked a point last year and want to look into another position OR they end up with the second pick in the draft

and i thought no one could be worst than billy king

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Why Bosh for Bynum is not a realistic trade...

1.Bosh > Bynum. Raptors management actually believe that this team has a chance to win a playoff round. They are not going to get weaker by trading Bosh now and jeopardize what they believe is a good chance to make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

2. Bynum is in the base-year of his contract which means the value of his contract does not match the value of Bosh's contract, so the Lakers would have to throw in more contracts to make the trade work.

3. Raptors ownership desperately want playoff revenue. If they trade Bosh for Bynum, they will risk missing out on the playoffs. I think its safe to say that as poor as this Raptors team is, they will likely make the playoffs and bring in some extra revenue.

4. Bosh is undecided. He likely has not told Raptors management that he is leaving. I think he'll probably leave in the summer after realizing how crappy this team is when they lose in the 1st round of the playoffs.

5. The Raptors would get more by signing-and-trading Bosh in the summer. Bosh will likely want a max contract. All he has to do is tell Colangelo he wants a max contract but he wants to play for another team. The Raptors would then likely give him the max contract and negotiate a deal with another team that would yield them better returns than Bynum. Lets be honest here. Bynum is a glorified role-player fortunate enough to be playing on the league's best team. The Lakers would've won the title last year without him. I know its hard for some of you to believe that the Lakers would've won the title without Bynum's monsterous stats (6 ppg in the finals) but it is indeed, true.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Ima let all this go man, look at it this way, Bynum is more then the Wolves got for KG, or the Sonics got for Ray Allen, or the damn near close to what Memphis got for Gasol. NBA trades are about money, not talent. Bynum is more talent then all those teams got, including Al Jeff. Bynum may not be Shaq, but he's better then all the other centers goin not named Yao or D12. And he's 22. So quit thinking that you are going to get equal value for what you think Bosh's level is. You aren't. It won't happen.
Bynum>Jefferson ?
eyes.gif

But yea. Raptors should do this, but who knows if ownership will sign off. Colangelo just needs to tell him they'll only get 2 playoff home games out of itif Bosh stays anyways.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by itsaboutthattime

they could have very easily have signed josh smith INSTEAD of brand.. and he would have fit the system that all the other players on the roster fit... butttttttttttt noooooooooooooo
No they couldn't. ATL made it clear they were matching whatever deal came for Josh.

Maybe because I've watched him the past 5-6 years extensively...but Antawn might be the best overrated player in the NBA. Dude puts up #'s...but afterevery game it's like you're surprised because it just "seemed" like he didn't leave an imprint on the game. During those winningseasons...it always seemed like the Wizards went wherever Gil or Butler (and Hughes while he was here) willed them...Antawn just kinda coasted his way to asmooth 20 and 9 every night in the backseat.

I hate to burst everyone bubble but that west deal to the cavs is not going down unless the Hornets receive some serious compensation in that deal.

Once again... all is quiet on the Chicago front...

How are you not even on the phone with T.O to guage there feelings towards a potential trade????

Organization full of penis heads I tell you
smh.gif

Trade brewing?
Memphis is discussing a potential trade in which they would acquire Ronnie Brewer from the Utah Jazz.

The discussions have centered around which first round pick the Grizzlies would send to Utah.

Memphis is not willing to part with its own 2010 pick, but could part with a pick owned by either Denver of the Lakers.

Brewer earns $2.7 million and will be a restricted free agent this summer. A qualifying offer would cost $3.7 million.

Originally Posted by Notorious 858

Ask Clipper fans they still think a major trade involving a superstar will get traded to the Clips at the trading deadline
roll.gif

They still believe they have a shot Lebron or DWade will sign with the Clips this summer
roll.gif

summa, summa, summa time
25hofbk.gif

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

Once again... all is quiet on the Chicago front...

How are you not even on the phone with T.O to guage there feelings towards a potential trade????

Organization full of penis heads I tell you
smh.gif
You know how our front office is. We are going to pick up a big name in free agency in the summer
tired.gif

Worst front office in the NBA
ohwell.gif

The Dallas Mavericks are watching the Kevin Martin-Tyreke Evansbackcourt situation with the Sacramento Kings and are willing to trade Josh Howard for Martin.

Marc Stein, writing forESPNDallas.com writes: "Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in tradediscussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that they arenot ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation."

Stein also reports the Mavs could join the bidding for Philadelphia's AndreIguodala and Washington's Caron Butler.

Previously, there's been rumblings of a Jose Calderon for Martin swap, butthat has been widely panned.

Originally Posted by Statis22

The Dallas Mavericks are watching the Kevin Martin-Tyreke Evans backcourt situation with the Sacramento Kings and are willing to trade Josh Howard for Martin.

Marc Stein, writing for ESPNDallas.com writes: "Sources close to the situation told ESPN.com that Dallas -- reluctant until recently to make Josh Howard available in trade discussions -- is prepared to part with the struggling former All-Star swingman in a deal for Martin. The Kings, though, have been telling teams that they are not ready to field offers for Martin, determined to give his fledging backcourt partnership with hot-shot rookie Tyreke Evans an extended period of evaluation."

Stein also reports the Mavs could join the bidding for Philadelphia's Andre Iguodala and Washington's Caron Butler.

Previously, there's been rumblings of a Jose Calderon for Martin swap, but that has been widely panned.
Do that ##@ asap. anything to get Nocioni's contract outta there
laugh.gif

Y'all are gonna be extremely disappointed when the trade deadline comes and goes and only a couple of notable deals go down.

Only 6 front offices right now believe they have a shot at winning the 2010 NBA title...Magic's, Celtics', Cavs', Mavs', Spurs',Lakers'.

No other teams are going to make moves that limit future cap flexibility.

I think that this may be the first time in recent NBA history where expiring contracts will be of little value.

And I see that the Magic are regretting bringing Vince in
laugh.gif
. I guess theydidn't want to give an aging Hedo a 5-year deal so they just opted for an aging Vince (who's going to be an unrestricted free agent next summer). OtisSmith has done a good job of rebuilding that team but his decisions to let Hedo leave and pay a back-up Center $6 mill/yr will ultimately cost the Magic thechance of representing the East once again in the NBA finals this season.

Back
Top Bottom