2010 NBA Trade Deadline thread

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

I don't want any trade happening. We are the best team in the NBA because of the squad we have.

We're on a 13 game winning streak, we alter the roster?! We've proven that we can beat the Lakers and Magic, our two biggest semi-problematic teams.

WE DON'T NEED AMARE OR JAMISON.

When was the last time the #1 team in the NBA made a trade at the break point? This is stupid.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

i hate the lakers with a passion, but there is no doubt they are the best team in the league right now. even with kobes broken finger(s)

i am a huge lebron fan and cavs fan, but i dont even see them as a lock getting to the finals maybe not even the ECF. im not saying they wont im just saying they arent head and shoulders above their competition like the lakers are.

and this trade IMO is huge for the mavs. as good as they may have been at some points in this season i never believed they could give lakers a good series until now. id put em on par with the nuggets, maybe even a little bit above em.

Yo Mavs fans: Barea's mins gotta be squeezed now...who do you want for him...we need someone else on this team that can dribble.

Originally Posted by BangDak

^they'll give you him for a pack of cookies.

Beaubois (sp) is the goods.

Yea, I've been impressed by Roddy B every time I have seen him. I don't think he has ASGs in his future, but he will be a solid point/great defensive guy. Good scouting by the Mavs on this guy. Don't think I can say the same about Calathes.

Originally Posted by EnEyeKayEe

Each time you make a post, you prove you are either a bigger homer than OC, or just plain don't know what you are talking about/the game of basketball...

Each time you quote me, you prove how much of a fan of mine you are...

laugh.gif

I don't want any trade happening. We are the best team in the NBA because of the squad we have.

We're on a 13 game winning streak, we alter the roster?! We've proven that we can beat the Lakers and Magic, our two biggest semi-problematic teams.

WE DON'T NEED AMARE OR JAMISON.

When was the last time the #1 team in the NBA made a trade at the break point? This is stupid.
smh.gif
Sure, but what about next season?

Who's he going to play with then?

Cleveland doesn't just want to win a championship, they want to keep LeBron.

At least one person believes the Mavs’ impending Caron Butler/BrendanHaywood acquisition puts Dallas “on par’’ with Kobe Bryant’s Lakers.

That person? Kobe Bryant of the Lakers.

“No question,’’ Kobe said Saturday when asked by our girl GinaMiller whether the trade moves the Mavs to the Lakers’ level. “I hateto say it, but it's true. … Trust me, I don't like it by any stretch ofthe imagination. But it's a great move by (Dallas). It pains me to sayit. But you guys made two great pickups.’’
laugh.gif
  Maybe he isn't sandbagging.  Maybe, he's trying to get Buss to make a trade?
nerd.gif

Maybe he isn't sandbagging. Maybe, he's trying to get Buss to make a trade?

What the hell us do you greedyass bastards want?!
laugh.gif

Trade away Sasha and Morrison for Deron Williams?
laugh.gif

so the cavs will possibly get Shaq and Amare for pavlovic, wallace, jj hickson

Steve Kerr will go down as the worst GM of all time

nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Get Z back in 30 days and I'm down...

This is major.... Keep LeBron in Cleveland and build a BEAST of a team...

Mo-LBJ and Stat...
sick.gif

[h2][/h2]
[h2]Sources: Hickson, Ilgauskas to Suns[/h2]

By Chris Broussard
ESPN The Magaazine
Archive

The Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns are closing in on a deal that would send All-Star forward Amare Stoudemire to Cleveland, according to sources with knowledge of the negotiations.

3607.jpg

Stoudemire

The Cavaliers would send Zydrunas Ilgauskas and J.J. Hickson to Phoenix in exchange for Stoudemire, one of the league's most dominant big man.

While Cleveland remains in talks with several other teams, the club, from management down to the players, has settled on Stoudemire as its first choice.

The ball is in Phoenix's court. The Suns are mulling whether the financial relief provided by Ilgauskas's $12 million contract and the young and talented Hickson are enough for them to part with Stoudemire.

Cleveland believes the addition of Stoudemire would all but seal LeBron James' re-signing with the team when he becomes a free agent this summer. The Cavaliers are also prepared to sign Stoudemire, who has one year and $17 million remaining on his contract, to a long-term contract extension once the season ends.

The Suns will likely waive Ilgauskas, which would allow him to be re-signed by Cleveland after 30 days.

Cleveland is also talking with Washington about acquiring Antawn Jamison, as well as Indiana about Troy Murphy. Meanwhile, Golden State is trying to entice the Cavs into taking Corey Maggette for Ilgauskas.

Chris Broussard is a senior writer for ESPN The Magazine.

Steve Kerr is building a title contender, the only problem being that title contender is in Cleveland.
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Danny Ferry lookin' like a freakin' genius if this trade goes down.  We are straight pilfering PHX's organization.

danny-ferry-my-clevelandjpg-d0856cb3016c63ce_large.jpg

What's crazy about that deal is that the Cavs will be able to sign-and-trade Stoudemire if doesn't work out for them. This is a win-win trade no matter how it works out this season.
frown.gif

I'm happy to see one of LeBron, Wade, and CP3 get help (Bosh isn't on their level; Melo & Howard have help) that's on par with their level of stardom.

To be fair, Kerr has his hands tied by Sarver. Cheap owners FTL...

He can't do much, along with the fact that they haven't been able to solidify a deal with Amare.

Even then, Kerr could probably deal Amare to Miami for Beasley, Cook, Richardson (buy-out) and a pick. Or to New Jersey for CDR, Yi, Simmons and Dallas' pick.

If Kerr was able to dump J-Rich with Amare I could understand, but he's not even doing that.
alien.gif

I've been saying this since last year but I'd really like to see LAL go after Devin Harris..I mean NJ does want John Wall right?

Also if we can't get Harris, Kirk would be just as good in my eyes...

I'd love to see Rip in a different city, as well as TMac on the Bulls

that ol' Spurs connection between Steve Kerr and Danny Ferry is showing its colors... Kerr is the worst GM, what has he done for his team? Howd this guy even get the job?

If The Cavs pull off this trade it would end all the "where is Lebron going" talk. The East would be in trouble for the next few years.

Back
Top Bottom